MERGED --> JAPAN April 4 + purchasing tickets from abroad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bfloxng

Refugee
JAPAN April 4

And now Japan...

U2 will play the Nissan Stadium in Yokohama on April 4th as the band return to Japan for the first time since 1998. Tickets will go on sale at midnight on Saturday, January 21st.

U2.Com can also confirm the ticket prices for the show, which will take place in the venue where the last World Cup Final took place in 2002.

Contrary to some stories that circulated earlier today, the prices for U2 tickets in Japan are in line with those for Vertigo//2005//2006 shows in the rest of the world, and certainly the top price is less than those announced for other major artists who will be playing Japan this year.

Ticket prices will be as follows:
10,000 JPY – General Admission Standing on the floor
15,000 JPY – Lower Level Stands
10,000 JPY – Upper Level Stands

As soon as we have the web links for the ticket onsale next week, we’ll bring them to you. Previously announced dates on Vertigo ‘06 have sold out in record time – upcoming shows in Mexico City and Buenos Aires were the fastest selling concerts ever put on sale in those cities.

I went to the Osaka, Japan show in 1998. I won't be going to Japan this time as I'm going to the shows in Sao Paulo and possibly also Honolulu.

zoopop said:
Anyone US fans going to this show??? If so, good lord your diehard.

I am moving to Japan in late March, and I will be trying to make the shows in Yokohama on April 4 and 5.

Ironically, I will be moving to Japan from Honolulu and I guess that one lost opportunity begat another...

POD

zoopop said:
Anyone US fans going to this show??? If so, good lord your diehard.

I am strongly considering it.

I am not sure if I can get my Passport renewed in time....but airline flights would not be a problem.

I'm going there, although I'm European. I'm combining it with a 14-day trip to Tokyo. Looking forward to it!

Man you guys get a pat on the back from me. I plan on visiting Japan sometime in the next 5 years. Until then I have to be satisfied w/ Epcot :wink:

u2rulesmyworld said:
I just booked my flight

They will worship me like a Sumo God over there

i already worship you like a sumo god :flirt:

hey, you better not be choosing japan over new zealand!

My birthday is March 29th, a few days before. Maybe I could convince my mother to make this my joint birthday/graduation present. :hmm:

Yes, I'm a wishful thinker. :lol: :sigh:

I don't know about the concert, but Japan is a far more interesting country than New Zealand to me...

American right here that’s going. It's gonna cost me only 1200 yen($10) round trip from my house :D it's about a 45 min train ride from my house. Yeah I guess the Navy is not bad after all.:hmm:

I just got here and will be here until May so yes, I'll be there. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Now what is the best way to get tickets? I have some phone numbers and a website but have been too busy to check that all out...

Alright so I think this website is the way to go for buying tickets. I had a local scour it since there is no English....that is what I will be trying to get tickets on come Friday night at midnight...

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Friday at 3pm is midnight in Japan here in Denmark. I'll have a credit card, a babelfish translator, and a lot of patience ready. This is the only way to get tickets. Excepting Ebay, of course, but that's a bit too expensive.

Good luck!!

Pia.co.jp/t... I believe it's called.

I have very little knowledge in Kanji and all that, so patience will be a virtue.

I think we'll get tickets. Many Japanese will probably wait until morning, and there is space in that stadium for nearly a 100.000. No worries just yet.

Thanks, but I'm European :)

I'm flying with Swiss:

Copenhagen - Zurich - Tokyo, on April 1st.
14-day stay over there. I can't wait!

I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but this is my first time to go to a U2 concert, and I have no clue. I wonder which ticket should I get if I want to be as close to the stage as possible? I just don't understand the difference with all that 3 types of tickets they have. If anyone could help that will be great. Thanks!

If you want to be as close to the stage as possible, you need General Admission Floor standing tickets.

Please note: if you get general admission floor tickets, and if you really do want to be as close as possible, then you will need to line up all day before the concert starts, so you'd need to take the day off of work/school/whatever.

Back
Top Bottom