MERGED --> JAPAN April 4 + purchasing tickets from abroad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yokohama hostels are cheaper than Tokyo hostels.

Regarding that fecking ticket system: I'm dying.

Thanks for the tip, GP III.

I imagine it would make sense to stay in Yokohama anyway.

Well I'm staying at hostels in Kyoto, Tokyo and Yokohama. A 14-day trip. Can't wait.

Tokyo's the most expensive. But again, I don't know much more than that.
In either case, hope you find something cheap :)

I was thinking - Fast Cars was released in Japan so there must be good chances that they play it, right? Hurrah if they do.

Hope it works out for you Sean!

Hey guys, looks like the rest of the tour has been cancelled. I wanted to post the url to U2.com but it won't let me. There are threads on this subject on this board.

Thanks for your help on this anyway. Any ideas of what we can do for a week in Tokyo (as well as Imp. Palace and shopping)....
;-)

Disappointed. . .very, very disappointed.

I'd really raise hell, but apparently one of the band member's family is quite ill. Don't know much more than that, but I figure if that's the cause, I can't be all pissy about it.

I'm still holding on to hope. U2.com site says the show is "postponed" as opposed to cancelled. . .so the question is:
postponed until when? (I'm sure we won't know that for awhile).

I'll need to contact ETS and find out what happens now with the ticket I got. . .can I "hold on" to it until we find out about tour rescheduling? I'll also need to contact Continental airlines and find out if I can rebook by freq. flyer ticket or if I have to use it. If I can rebook, or redeposit miles, I will. If not, I guess I'll go to Japan and tour around for two days, maybe hook up with some of the other people who intended to go for the concert.

This just sucks. . .for everyone. :(

maycocksean said:
Disappointed. . .very, very disappointed.

I'd really raise hell, but apparently one of the band member's family is quite ill. Don't know much more than that, but I figure if that's the cause, I can't be all pissy about it.

I'm still holding on to hope. U2.com site says the show is "postponed" as opposed to cancelled. . .so the question is:
postponed until when? (I'm sure we won't know that for awhile).

I'll need to contact ETS and find out what happens now with the ticket I got. . .can I "hold on" to it until we find out about tour rescheduling? I'll also need to contact Continental airlines and find out if I can rebook by freq. flyer ticket or if I have to use it. If I can rebook, or redeposit miles, I will. If not, I guess I'll go to Japan and tour around for two days, maybe hook up with some of the other people who intended to go for the concert.

This just sucks. . .for everyone. :(

There is a thread in the general tour discussions page. But don't express and disappointment over your own situation in there or you will be jumped all over by people who have already seen the band. (yep, I'm a mean bitch, but that's exactly what a lot of people are doing.)

From what I've heard they areplanning to sechedule the dates for a September/November timeframe.

No way. Looks like that was it.
I won't see them in Japan now will I?
I was hoping for a week, but apparently not.
This is too bad. For everyone. Edge also. Damnit.

Back
Top Bottom