MERGED --> JAPAN April 4 + purchasing tickets from abroad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well at least we all have tickets! That is the the main thing...:hyper:

Wait so we are assigned a block? :| I don`t know what my tickets say. The email didn`t say and I won`t have them in my hands until next week....

maycocksean

Hits, I hope I will see you in the SS block.

I don't think I'll know until I see the ETS ticket in Japan. One can only hope.

I applied for an extra ticket to increase my chance for getting into the SS block. Call me crazy.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!
QUESTION..
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE'S GONNA BE A U2.COM PRESALE FOR THIS SHOW. MY BEST FRIEND HAS A PRESALE CODE, BUT HE HASN'T GOT AN EMAIL FROM U2.COM. AND U2.COM HAS NO INFO ON THIS SHOW SINCE EARLY LAST MONTH.
THE THING IS THAT THE Pia's domestic LOTTERY ENDS IN 2 DAYS!! IF U2 IS NOT HAVING A PRESALE, THEN I'LL JOIN THE LOTTERY.
I EVEN EMAILED THEM NO REPLY.:mad:

I don`t think so.

But at any rate, definitely do the lottery or you might be screwed. Worst case scenario there is a presale and you take advantage of it and luck out in the lottery....then you have extra tickets but believe me, extra U2 tickets are never hard to get rid of. :wink:

ftn727 said:
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!
QUESTION..
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE'S GONNA BE A U2.COM PRESALE FOR THIS SHOW. MY BEST FRIEND HAS A PRESALE CODE, BUT HE HASN'T GOT AN EMAIL FROM U2.COM. AND U2.COM HAS NO INFO ON THIS SHOW SINCE EARLY LAST MONTH.
THE THING IS THAT THE Pia's domestic LOTTERY ENDS IN 2 DAYS!! IF U2 IS NOT HAVING A PRESALE, THEN I'LL JOIN THE LOTTERY.
I EVEN EMAILED THEM NO REPLY.:mad:

I received an email from U2.com on 15th January (actually 2 emails, as I have 2 unused presale codes) saying that the presale would run from 17th to 19th January.

Alright, so how did people get SS tickets?

Mine arrived today...:hyper:

And they are AE, which of course is better than either of the C blocks and assuming I am there very early and at the front....but I would still rather have S! :(

It sounds like we all have AE....

AE is the second-best ticket you can get, so... dunno. Anyway, can't wait to know what I get...

I just want to know what the deal is. I mean, was it completely random who gets what? It must be; clearly we didn`t have a choice and it was never explained...

:confused:

Hi all,

First post, but I am a long time lurker :)
I am considering going to Japan, so I mailed ETS and asked in which block their GA's were in. The reply was that they didn't know that the GA area would be divided into different blocks.

asi

maycocksean said:
Hits, I hope I will see you in the SS block.

I don't think I'll know until I see the ETS ticket in Japan. One can only hope.

I like the sound of that. . .

I really want to be able to stand in line and get the best spot and I'm hoping all this talk of SS and whatnot is just talk.

But I really don't know. I got my ticket from ETS as well, so I don't imagine I could find out anymore than you have.

I e-mailed Pia and learned that I had got myself an AE ticket as well, though this is only one of my two tickets :D

We'll see.

Btw, if there is any lurkers, just because I have bought 2 tickets it doesn't mean I won't buy a third... If anyone of you should get a spare SS ticket, I can buy/trade/whatever, because I must be up there.

I think the whole thing is bogus. I honestly can`t imagine this block thing is true. And no one has anything other than AE anyway....:shrug:

I got 4 tickets in CW. last block on the west side of the stage. I guess I lost in the lottery (PIA).
This sucks!!:mad:

In the car yesterday I heard the first sign that anyone is even really aware of the U2 show here in the city....it was U2 hour with all U2 songs and a running commentary talking about the band and they had some tickets they were giving away.

:hyper:
:up:

Hi all,

Just a follow up on the ETS/block-thing. According to the seating map on their site, all their GA's are in the AW block (Adam's side).

asi

asi1967 said:
Hi all,

First post, but I am a long time lurker :)
I am considering going to Japan, so I mailed ETS and asked in which block their GA's were in. The reply was that they didn't know that the GA area would be divided into different blocks.

asi

So, ETS is on Adam's side. Those of you that have been to U2 concerts, what does this mean?

A friend of mine said you don't want to be near the sides where the speakers are because they'll practically make you deaf. Is that where we are?!?

A GA should be a GA, dammit. We should be able to go anywhere we want on the floor. If I'm doomed to be limited to one place what's the point in standing in line?

Grrrrr.

Also, I guess I need to start thinking about where I'm going to stay and how I'm going to get around while I'm in Japan.

Dulce, or any one else who is in Japan. Any suggestions on cheap places to stay (and I know cheap in Japan is relative) and how to get from Narita to Yokohama?

I'm hoping to stay with the in-laws of a friend of mine but haven't heard back and since they don't know me AT ALL I'm not sure if it will work out, so I'm curious to know what other options there might be.

If this block thing is true, believe me, this is new to all of us veterans too because usually you ARE free to snag whatever spot you want on the floor (and then protect it with your life!)....:banghead:

There are a few hostels here in Tokyo but expect to pay at least $30 US...I will pm you about this or pm me if I forget.

Probably the easiest way to get into the city is the airport limo bus, which costs $30. You can also take the train which is cheaper, but when you are first arriving it can be difficult to figure out and probably not the best experience to be packed into a train car with all your luggage....

Back
Top Bottom