MERGED--> Hawaii rumor discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ruffian said:
i have no idea when they will go on sale--they really sprung Mexico on us, it seemed. didn't seem like there was much lead-time.

2 shows makes it MUCH more worthwhile.

:lock: :lock: :lock:

True, but the general sale for Argentina was much worse. U2.com said that details of the general sale would be forthcoming shortly. Problem is that the GS started about 12 hours before U2.com had any info about the Argentina GS!!

A weekend of U2
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

u2forlife said:
:lmao:

Yay! PopArtist (kinda, sorta), MTEdge, skjuls and One4u2 (yes, I'm adding you) are in! :hyper: Dizzy????

PopArtist, I'm also flying to Florida for the holidays to see the fam. which airline are you using award miles for? From JFK to LAX, I was thinking United or Delta?

Happy Holidays everyone!

Kinda, sorta? :) In Florida now, in the Naples area. All my miles are on American, so would be taking them. Award reservation I have for 4/5-13 connects through LA going and through LA and Nashville (!) coming back (only routing I can get).

kellyahern said:

get tickets first, worry about airfare/hotel later?

that's my plan if they go on sale soon :reject:

I need to check the balance on my Visa . . .

Ok I'll go with that plan right now. Though I'm terribly unlucky in the getting ticket department.

I hope they don't go on sale too soon. My credit card has gone limp

Merry Christmas U2Man :kiss:

I'm trying to talk yimou to coming to Hawaii.... I'm terrible with geography but I say it's like meeting halfway :rolleyes:

Work on him will ya! You could come together :love:

kellyahern said:
If it is the 8/9th, for those who are planning on making it a vacation, would you take the week before or the week after the shows off?
Kelly, that's a very good question. :up: At first I was thinking the week before, however if the 8th and 9th become official I would consider making it the week after. After doing 2 consecutive days of GA, a week respite in Hawaii is just what this crazy mofo needs :drool:

Happy Holidays everyone!

MTEdge said:

Nice, it's a Saturday and Sunday thing! :wink:

OMG!!! Hawaii on a weekend!!! I need to start saving NOW!!! Hey, does anyone fly Southwest? I am in the midwest and I need a roomate/ line buddie!!! Like I said all the fruity umbrella drinks are on me!!

ALOHA- Hawaii here comes Carmel!!!

:hyper:

I keep changing by the minute... Just saw that availability opened up for an April 6-14 trip so scratch what I posted earlier - also better coonections, both ways through Dallas now.

u2forlife said:
Kelly, that's a very good question. :up: At first I was thinking the week before, however if the 8th and 9th become official I would consider making it the week after. After doing 2 consecutive days of GA, a week respite in Hawaii is just what this crazy mofo needs :drool:

Happy Holidays everyone!

Good point :yes:

I was also thinking of staying in a cheaper hotel close to the stadium for the nights of the show, then switching to a nicer one on the beach for the rest of the week (if I can afford that) :hmm:. But that might be too complicated for me :reject: :lol:.

I :heart: potential vacation research :nerd:.

Happy Holidays to everyone too :wave:

The Aloha Stadium Authority is negotiating with rock band U2 for "one or two shows," April 8 and 9, according to interim stadium manager Kenny Lum. "I think it looks pretty favorable at this time," he said.

Reach Brandon Masuoka at bmasuoka@honoluluadvertiser.com.

^^That is what the article above said! Better save that Xmas money, tax refunds, raises, Overtime etc! I'm there....AND I am also interested in travellign with anyone going and room sharing. I'm in for both shows if they play more than one, but don't want to stay in Hawaii for more than a few days.

Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka!

:wink:

kellyahern said:
I was also thinking of staying in a cheaper hotel close to the stadium for the nights of the show, then switching to a nicer one on the beach for the rest of the week (if I can afford that) :hmm:.
Another excellent idea Kelly :up: This is one I might actually put into action and do some research as well.

Wow, all this work and we don't even have official tour dates yet :lol:

Lila :hug: Carek1230, where would you be travelling from?

I'm coming from San Diego.....there are a handful of my friends who will be going together. We are looking into a time share....another good idea if anyone out there has any ties....or a group sharing a condo vs hotel. just another suggestion.

I can't wait!

I would more than likely have to fly out of LAX. I don't believe there are flights from Burbank to Hawaii (smaller airport, and more preferred than LAX if possible).

I'd be coming, possibly with husband and child, so don't know how it would work out to share... Unless it's a condo or timeshare with separate bedrooms, etc. :shrug:

I am going to be checking flights from all airports and will travel to/from the cheapest.....San Diego, LAX, John Wayne OC......altho I prefer SAN as it is only 5 miles from my house, it doesn't hurt to check all airports.

Also FYI Daylight Savings is Sunday April 2nd.....so what an awesome time change this will be....Hawaii will be 3 hours behind for us on the West coast!!:up:

Carmelu2fan said:
Hey, does anyone fly Southwest? I am in the midwest and I need a roomate/ line buddie!!! :hyper:
Hey Carmelu2fan :wave: I'll be your line buddy even though I don't think we'll have to worry about the ellipse lottery.

I looked into taking Southwest, but that would mean connecting before connecting (again) at LAX. Send me an email, I'll add you to my every growing list :hyper:

Hawaii is definately going to turn into a 3 or 4 day vacation for me. The only question is will I try for GA's or reserved seating. Can't imagine spending the whole day in the GA line in Hawaii. The venue needs to do something like the Delta Center where there is a numbering system. Dag, hope this rumour materializes. I've always wanted to visit that rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Only problem is since I'm an Accountant, it's going to be during busy season. F.ck it.

Lila64 said:
and that means...? :shrug:

Mele kalikimaka is the thing to say on a bright hawaiian christmas day
That’s the island greeting that we send to you
From the land where palm trees sway
Here we know that christmas will be green and bright
The sun will shine by day and all the stars aty night
Mele kalikimaka is hawaii’s way to say merry christmas to you

(take it girls)
Mele kalikimaka is the thing to say on a bright hawaiian christmas day
That’s the island greeting that we send to you
From the land where palm trees sway