MERGED--> Hawaii rumor discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this to my family that Hawaii was going to happen - suddenly I have a total family vacation over Easter weekend in the works that will revolve around a U2 show

hopefully we will get some firm dates and presale information soon

nurse chrissi said:
I mentioned this to my family that Hawaii was going to happen - suddenly I have a total family vacation over Easter weekend in the works that will revolve around a U2 show

hopefully we will get some firm dates and presale information soon

Does that mean we can't room together :(

Will there be a presale for this one and how many people actually have presale codes left?

redkat said:

Does that mean we can't room together :(

Will there be a presale for this one and how many people actually have presale codes left?

you can crash anytime :hug:

I've gotten emails for both the other sets of shows I'm guessing there will be one for this show too

this is part of the email

The presale is only for tickets to this Mexico City show. If you don't
use your code in this presale, you will be able to use it for later
shows in South America, Japan and other possible dates. Details will be
sent out as soon as they are finalized.

cleazer said:
By the way, anyone who flies all the way out to Hawaii but then spends an entire day just standing in line needs to have their head examined. :tongue:

Now, who wants to hire a former islander as their tour guide? :wink: :wink:

Well yeah, but if you're there for a week-10 days, then what's one day... :wink:

I could use some cheap hotel tips too... :-D

U2fan05 said:
you think people will just fly and stay for the one show or turn this into a full fledged vacation

I'm definitely looking at this as a vacation (prob. 8-10 days), with a bit o' U2 thrown in. :wink: Then again, I am coming from NY not the West Coast, and I've never been to Hawaii before, so... :)

Shit, this falls in the Easter period? Why does U2 always hit cities in peak demand times? :mad:

i doubt i'd be able to go. first the vacation time if i can get a job (unemployed since grad last may) or suffer the threats of being kicked out of the house by my parents if i go. 2nd- i looked and saw it was almost $1000 RT from texas. just may have to wait til next tour to see them in a stadium

how come I don't have any pre-sale codes? I bought 1 ticket to 1 show in on the first leg, and that's it. If there is a Hawaii show... I guess I'll be surfing ebay, cuz I had no luck getting any decent tickets to come up thru Ticketmaster when they first went on sale back in January or whenever it was (so looooong ago). Or I could buy some (if this show even happens) and hope to sell or trade, but I don't like to speculate and take that chance.

I think the show should only be for hardcore fans, yeah, that's it :wink:

Hawaii show is on (99%)..
Smasher, video-director, emailed this to one of the Belgian U2 fans.
Smasher, who's Belgian, wrote an email with the words; the job will be done and over with after Hawaii...

Smasher, who's Belgian, wrote an email with the words; the job will be done and over with after Hawaii...

Do you think getting the paid membership now would get access to presale code(s) for a potential Hawaii show?

Never mind - just checked and found out new paid memberships, or ugrades, or re-subscribes, are not getting any presale codes.

Last edited:
tryan101 said:
Do you think getting the paid membership now would get access to presale code(s) for a potential Hawaii show?

Never mind - just checked and found out new paid memberships, or ugrades, or re-subscribes, are not getting any presale codes.

..No, taking out a membership now will not provide you with a code

Was just checking prices to hnl from S.F. and they're almost $600. Maybe there'll be a sale. But, it is easter break. Flights to mex. city are only $300 should've went with that but, have a friend in honolulu.

U2Girl1978 said:
Flights from Boston to Hawaii are super expensive. :yikes:

I'm afraid to even look from NY to Hawaii :|

But I've always wanted to go.....plus the coffee is:drool:

What are the rumored dates???

wtonis said:

Did he give a date? Putting a frequent flyer ticket on hold going April 11, return April 19 which gives some breathing room on both sides of the April 14 date, but if I should be looking at going a bit earlier it would be good to know that now... :) Can't imagine it will be any earlier than the 9th though.

BOCAGATOR said:
Wait. I am a member of u2.com. Are you saying that if I renew my membership that my code will go away? That makes no sense.

I just resubscribed on U2.com and they sent me an email saying that if you have an unused pre-sale code, it's still good for future shows.

Pop Artist said:

Did he give a date? Putting a frequent flyer ticket on hold going April 11, return April 19 which gives some breathing room on both sides of the April 14 date, but if I should be looking at going a bit earlier it would be good to know that now... :) Can't imagine it will be any earlier than the 9th though.

I agree with you on the 9th being the absolute earliest. Yokohama, Japan is now rumored for April 4-5 and unless they add another city in Japan, the band would have 8 days off between Japan and Honolulu with the current rumored date of April 14th. That's an awful long time to have off when you have only 1-2 shows remaining on a tour.

I would either expect at least 1-2 more shows in Japan to fill that gap or the date for Honolulu to be a little earlier, unless the band and crew and just going to have a nice vacation in Hawaii leading up to the show(s) there..

Last edited:
U2 in Hawaii?

I just got an email from a friend of mine who is in the music business. He just let me know what he's been doing and what not. He said he was on tour with the Stones for a couple weeks, and told me briefly how he would be really busy during the spring time, including spending a couple weeks in Hawaii with U2.

Dont stone me if this doesn't come true, but the guy has been a friend of mine for 20 years, so I thought it was valid enough to throw out there. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom