MERGED --> GA Tix available at Anaheim windows tonight + Are there really last minute

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey u2wedge, since you seem to be talking to folks on the ground, any word on how the GA line is going? Things seem to be changing every day so...

That is crazy..........floor tickets on the day of the show..........man, to be a fan walking by and suddenly purchasing a GA and getting beeped into the ellipse.......crazy. :wink:

oceane said:
Hey u2wedge, since you seem to be talking to folks on the ground, any word on how the GA line is going? Things seem to be changing every day so...

GA line reported being much longer, but this is also a bigger venue, so more GA tix were sold...

And I guess if anyone's reading this tonight, the GA availability isn't that big of a deal, huh?

Does anyone know what time they released these GAs today? I live in SD so I'm thinking about driving up to for tomorrows show and just taking a chance.

What stinks is that I bet most of those GA's are bought up by scalpers ..... I wish there was a way to determine who are the fans and who are the touts

njelevation06 said:
What stinks is that I bet most of those GA's are bought up by scalpers ..... I wish there was a way to determine who are the fans and who are the touts

I doubt it... 10 AM the day of the show is cutting it pretty close by scalper time... Not many people drive to a concert looking to buy scalped tickets anymore.... eBay has kind of revolutionized that whole process.

Are there really last minute tix available?

I just read on one of the threads that they released GA tickets today at the Pond's box office for tonight's show.

Is that true????

If so, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO there tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if that's fact or fiction?

Yes, at least one person bought GA at the last minute from the box office in Anaheim.

and boy did they ever pack them on the floor. I can't see, except for the price, being in that mob from the center back it's so far and how do you see a thing? I think they sold like double the usual floor. Was San Diego that full? Plus warning, at the Pond they have plain clothes police that arrested scalpers tonight.

I don't think any of those got the red Vertigo screen, no one that bought them that I saw go in got it, and like I said that lady doing the screen didn't seem to be doing anything. Could they hire anyone more bored looking to do that?

Last edited:
just bought ga tickets for anaheim!

UNREAL!!! I just bought tickets for tomorrow night and got GA Tickets!! Tickmaster sucks but they pulled through tonight! I can't believe it. Everyone keep trying that's all I can say. I read the threads saying they released tickets for tonight and I got real lucky. Anyone have good seats they want to trade?

Re: Are there really last minute tix available?

FitzChivalry said:
I just read on one of the threads that they released GA tickets today at the Pond's box office for tonight's show.

Is that true????

If so, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO there tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if that's fact or fiction?

there was a long line this morning at the box office...i think some people did get a hold of tickets, but i heard there were a lot of scalpers in line too.

me either! I'm trying to get 2 more for friends but it's not happening. First it offered me 1 ticket but I turned it down and went back for 2 and it gave me 2. I'm so happy!!! Hopefully you guys can get lucky too. Try tomorrow as well. Ticketmaster ALWAYS does this. The day before the concert they ALWAYS release tickets. I got so many tickets this way but NEVER U2!! I am not going to sleep tonight!

well now the ticketmaster site is just "down for maintance"

weasels

if anyone does have luck for Anaheim 2 and winds up with an extra GA i'll pay $70 (consider that a finders fee or "postage fee" to hand it to me)

cheers ...

562 2367420

Ed

Last edited:
I tried all day Friday online from Ticketmaster, no luck. And their site is always down in the middle of the night PST for maintenance. Oh, and I'd pay a lot more than that $70. I'll see what happens online in the morning....

Re: Re: Are there really last minute tix available?

xtihn said:

there was a long line this morning at the box office...i think some people did get a hold of tickets, but i heard there were a lot of scalpers in line too.

Then they have to rectify that by making some sort of system where after you purchase a ticket on the day of a previously sold out show, you get ushered right in. That's one of the best anti-scalping deterrents I've seen yet.

you're in line with every homeless man in Anaheim (brokers pay them) and every scalper this side West of the Mississippi, which sucks. Then they go sell their tickets across the street at that restaurant.

And I think if it was online from TM, even with their horrendous fees, the morning of the show, or the night before, or even a few hrs before, it would be so much better than all those homeless people and scalpers in line. At least half, maybe more, of those in line were them. Expect the same at Staples.

Last edited:
I pulled 2 GA's from Ticketmaster for the SD 2 show on Tuesday afternoon. I would think that you can expect this to happen when you have 2 shows in the same city and they feel they can put more people on the floor following the first show.

Axver said:
Yes, at least one person bought GA at the last minute from the box office in Anaheim.

What do you mean by last minute? You mean the day of? Or a couple of hours before the show? When do they release the tickets? First thing in the morning? Or later?

I also went to the box office monday afternoon while standing in the SD 1 GA line and they had several decent lodge seats for sale. The promoter will sometimes release unused tickets the day of the show. If you don't have tickets don't give up yet!!!

Back
Top Bottom