MERGED --> GA Rules for Chicago + Chicago GA Line up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
OK, sorry if this has already been covered but I don't have much time to read through.....I'm thinking of getting in line tomorrow between 6-9am and last I read, parking wasn't open until noon. We have to have our car along b/c the guy we've been crashing with is having surgery tomorrow morning so we have to have our stuff and vehicle out of his place. Where can we park at 6am where we wouldn't have to move the car ever? I don't care how much it costs. I'm not familiar with this area at all so if someone had a map of the UC area and could indicate where to park or where people parked for yesterday, I'd really appreciate it!

you can park on Adams street just west of Damen (adams is an east/west street, Damen is north/south). I parked there yesterday before the lot opened and it was fine. You can easily move your car at 12.

United Center security were great yesterday--no hassles about getting there before 12, and most people were pretty good about getting numbers on their wrists and lining up in that order. Chicago police never came...so if you've been concerned or stressed, just relax :) You can leave the line to go eat, you can leave to go to the bathroom, etc. Just make sure you are there most of the day if you arrive early and act in good faith. The port-o-lets are closed off my staff by 5:30 pm or so, and you'll be in line for a good hour after that, so watch your beverage intake :wink: Enjoy the shows, everyone!

ruffian said:

you can park on Adams street just west of Damen (adams is an east/west street, Damen is north/south). I parked there yesterday before the lot opened and it was fine. You can easily move your car at 12.

thanks. Do we have to move the car?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

thanks. Do we have to move the car?
i moved mine into the lot because i thought it was more secure (and i was driving a borrowed car) but there were not any "No Parking" signs anywhere, and I looked carefully. My cell number is on the Chicago phone list, so feel free to call me if you have other questions.

ruffian said:

i moved mine into the lot because i thought it was more secure (and i was driving a borrowed car) but there were not any "No Parking" signs anywhere, and I looked carefully. My cell number is on the Chicago phone list, so feel free to call me if you have other questions.

ok. thanks. where is this list posted? or , could you pm me or e-mail me your name/number just in case we get confused?

I wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who recommended Giordano's. My mom and I ate there Friday night and holy crap that was some good pizza. :up:

Chicago-LineUps

hello all... in reading most of the talk about saturday's u2 show... i see reference to a "off-site" line up... where is this located and how is it enforced?

i recall something similar for the elevation tour.... but never saw these folks and it didn't seem to make a difference.

thanks! :)

No problem! Have fun at the show... and don't even bother reading those reviews...

:mad:

i hear ya about the show reviews...

i heard a few on the radio this morn and read a couple. i'm sorry people weren't impressed...

i'm not worried... i know the 5/12 show is gonna be awesome! :heart:

I just wanted to say thank you to the people that handled the GA ! you did a fair and wonderful job :)

Rhia

miss becky said:
I wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who recommended Giordano's. My mom and I ate there Friday night and holy crap that was some good pizza. :up:

We went there Sunday night and the pizza was great, but the service sucked. First, we waited 20 minutes just for someone to come and ask us if we needed drinks. Then, after we ordered, they said it would be 30 mins but came back an hour later and said they'd given our pizza to the wrong table and we had to wait ANOTHER 30 mins. They never refilled my drink. They cut our bill in half and I still didn't tip. All this and the place was not even one quarter full.

Back
Top Bottom