MERGED --> Fleet Center (now Bank North Garden) GA line MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jon_lemire said:
I'm heading to the 5/26 show and have a question about the procedure. I'm a U2.com fan club member, but for this show, my GA tickets were purchased through Ticketmaster (got very lucky). So, which line do I stand in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Was there a presale for the show? I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure there was. If you didn't get your tickets during the presale, then you'd stand in the general sale line.

It sounds like a lot of people are standing in the U2.com line anyway if they have their profile printed out, so I don't know what you want to do.

the 28th there was no presale. Originally 2 shows were listed (the 24th and 26th). Those 2 had presales. They added the 28th during the general sale.

for shows that had a presale, I think you need a ticket marked that way, and not just proof you are a member. Not sure. Thats been asked before and I dont remember seeing the answer. Probably depends on each security guard and what they want to honour.

sweetie, with 4 in your party and 2 u2.comers you could all get into the member line since each member gets to bring one person. of course since you got the tix from a broker and not the presale you are back to the 1st question. Maybe you are lucky and you're broker got them in the presale--do they say '(insert a letter here)-FAN'??? ie, mine says B-FAN on the ticket.

Last edited:
GretzkyU2Yanks said:

sweetie, with 4 in your party and 2 u2.comers you could all get into the member line since each member gets to bring one person. of course since you got the tix from a broker and not the presale you are back to the 1st question. Maybe you are lucky and you're broker got them in the presale--do they say '(insert a letter here-FAN'??? ie, mine says B-FAN on the ticket.

Hmm..good question - My friend has the tickets--I will ask her. Thanks!!!

I am going to call Fleet Center Security Monday and see I f I can find out the latest info to shair.....

ps I was in a GA Line in Boston today as practice General Admission to the USS JFK Ship 4+hours to see that ship and it was worth it !Check it out if it comes to a port nearby!!

WE are ready in Boston.....

sweetie said:
:lol: I was going to stand in the JFK line on Saturday and decided it wasn't worth it. After all- there isn't U2 at the end of that line.

I think seeing Big John would be better than seeing U2, just my two cents.

Two items:

1) So we do think that the venue will really stick to the policy of issuing us wristbands upon arrival and then sending us on our way until 5pm? I'd miss some of the socializing on the GA line, but that would be pretty spectacular. Would love to see some sights and maybe even take a nap!

2) I noticed, though, that the letter I received today there is no mention of 2 separate lines, one for U2.com one for the general sale. Has anyone heard anything about this? Will there be 2 lines (and 2 sets of wristbands) or is everything going to be merged?

Those going tomorrow (5/24) to the first show, please let us know!

I e-mailed the Fleet Center and they claimed it's U2's policy and not theirs-no cameras. I think they said that last tour too which was untrue, people brought cameras in.

Best thing to do is bring a disposable and see how it goes tonight w/ searches, etc. You really can't enjoy the show that much anyway if you're too worried about getting pictures.

They made my friend toss her disposable, but I had secret pockets in my purse through which I snuck in my camera. I didn't get to take any pics though, cos the security guard in front of us was like, 'Um, I'd really like to let you take pics, but they have cameras in the stage, and if they see you taking pics and me doing nothing about it, I'll get in trouble.' Probably a lie, but it was enough to deter me from taking the pics, even though I was second row. But according to others on u2.com, they were able to take pics no prob. Bugger that. I wish I had a camera phone.

You have a 50/50 chance with the cameras. My friend was in the GA line and she witnessed cameras being confiscated. Of course, some of them were in plain view.

I brought my camera in because it was in a side pocket of my pocketbook. The security guard barely looked in my bag. Good luck.

Thanks for the camera info, you guys. So it looks like disposable is the way to go if I decide I really want to try to get pictures.

I stopped by the Fleetcenter on the way home yesterday (about 6:20) and hung around outside the GA line for a few minutes to check things out. It looked like there were definitely two separate lines (although when I got there, there was no one in the u2.com member line, only the regular GA line), but here's a question:
Yesterday morning people were saying that fanclub members were getting wristbands first--ahead of non-fanclub members. But then later someone said they were handing out two different color wristbands, one for members, one for nonmembers. Were there really different wristbands? If so, what was the purpose of giving them to members first? Just to let them get out of the weather sooner?

Here's the big question for me as I prepare to go to tomorrow's (5/26) show: I am a U2.com member but got my GA tickets in the general sale. Yesterday, a few people posted that they were in a similar situation and, when the wristbands were being handed out, they more or less could choose whether to get a fan club band or a general band.

Which should I do? I'm planning on getting to the venue for 7:00 a.m., and I'm guessing there will be fewer people in the general sale line than the U2.com line at that point, yes? So, if the lines are then let in at the same time that evening, I'd probably get in quicker from the general line. Or is the U2.com line going to be allowed in first?

Also, what time did everyone come back to the venue in the afternoon? You just had to be there before 5:00 pm, right?

looks like cameras should be allowed as of yesterday:
http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1558

UPDATE:
the news item asking for pics was taken off the front page of u2.com, but as of now, the link still works.

here's the txt in case the link is shut down:
Now Taking Your Photos

If you’re coming to a show, as of today, you can now post your photos for other fans to see - as well as your reviews.

Hundreds of fans have been submitting their reviews of Vertigo ’05 as the tour has moved from city to city.

As of today, when you submit a review, you can now add up to four digital images to go with it. (But no photos on their own ­ got to have your review with them!)

See Fan Reviews here

Last edited:
erin4618 said:

Yesterday morning people were saying that fanclub members were getting wristbands first--ahead of non-fanclub members. But then later someone said they were handing out two different color wristbands, one for members, one for nonmembers. Were there really different wristbands? If so, what was the purpose of giving them to members first? Just to let them get out of the weather sooner?

Yes, both are true. They gave out the pink wristbands to U2.com members first, then orange ones to the general sale. Once you got in the building though, they snipped them off and gave you new bracelets to allow you onto the floor or into the ellipse. Those pink and orange bracelets just held your space basically when you came back into line at 5pm. No other reason but that. And yeah, they probably wanted our lesser asses in the general sale line to freeze to death. :p

Fleet Center

Anyone can tell me where the loading dock is? Going down there Saturday and we're gonna try and meet the guys like last week in Jersey. I know they do meet and greets by loading docks.

SMB

there's no way to get to it, it comes right off the road & goes up 2 stories into the building...its in the back on the north side

Quick q: I have GAs for tomorrow. For crappy work reasons, I cant go early in the AM to get my wrist band. Is there any chance in hell of getting in the bomb shelter if I arrive at 6 or 7pm? I have fan club tixx and will have my membership card.

Sometimes I really hate having a job during these tours....

sfu2doc said:
Quick q: I have GAs for tomorrow. For crappy work reasons, I cant go early in the AM to get my wrist band. Is there any chance in hell of getting in the bomb shelter if I arrive at 6 or 7pm? I have fan club tixx and will have my membership card.

Sometimes I really hate having a job during these tours....

BS is random, for members and nonmembers (at least it's supposed to be). Supposedly shouldn't matter when you get there.

Anybody know what time they stopped scanning for the ellipse? I probably won't be able to get there before 7pm........

Yep, walked right up and got scanned at 7, but no joy. Ended up about 8 rows back to the left of the tip. Absolutely amazing show.... can't wait for Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom