MERGED-->Chicago + Chicago 3 & 4 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hluvslmj

The Fly
Chicago GA ticketholders!!

Anyone that has GA tickets for Chicago...
have you had GA @ the UC before? I am wondering if you can hang outside the UC doors early in the day and when they open the doors can you rush to the floor or how do they handle it? I have GA for 5/9 and am worried I'll get stuck in the back...although the last tour there was a lot of open floor space. And, I don't think any floor spot will be bad but of course I'd like to be right up front!!!
I wonder how many floor tickets there are?? Also I read something about an "oval" - I guess it's like last tour's heart...is the floor going to be separated into two areas???
TIA :dance:

Go to u2.log.com and you can see what the stage looks like. I think it will be like the heart last time were some people are inside the 'egg' and the rest of GA is out.

:)

3 shows in chicago?!

i sent an email to my college's box office about buying tickets and here's the reponse they gave me:

We will be selling the
tickets Saturday morning at 10am, along with all of the other outlets,
internet, and phone centers. There are 3 shows in Chicago, and as far
as we can see on the computer, they will all go on sale at the same
time. Occasionally Chicago and Minneapolis blocks everyone out for the
first 15 minutes of shows going on sale, but for these shows, it does
not say that there will be any kind of block. I am guessing that since
there are multiple shows and multiple prices, they have chosen not to
block anyone.
As far as the best place to purchase, it's your choice! Everyone is
selling the same tickets at the same time, whether you are on the
internet or at an outlet.
Good luck on Saturday,

3 dates??? Hmmm haven't heard that, although I did expect more shows since there were open dates around the Cgo dates...I have GA for the 9th.

the security guards yell at you and tell you not to run. you'll see the line outside the doors when you get there; assuming you're not the first ones there unless you plan to camp starting the night before. if you cant get into the oval, i always found a good spot on the side of the heart, about 3 feet from the rail.

Is it a straight shot to the flor or how does that work? I heard they hand out wristbands outside the UC??

Any Chicago Fans Waiting At United Center For Tix?

is anyone going to the venue to buy tickets personally? i don't want to screw around with ticketmaster on saturday morning so i'm seriously considering going the "old school" route for these tickets. is that a crazy idea?

hluvslmj said:
Is it a straight shot to the flor or how does that work? I heard they hand out wristbands outside the UC??

They don't hand them out outside the United Center- from what I remember, they hand them out after you go in, just after they scan your ticket. I think they scan and hand out wrist bands two at a time (ie two people scanning, two people handing out wristbands), but I don't remember that for sure. Then you walk down the hall just outside the arena, with security guards lining the path around you. It is single file, with people spaced a decent amount apart and no one is allowed to run. Then you go through the doors into the arena, on the side (the stage was to our left) and then you walk down the stairs onto the floor. From there, you choose whether you want to be in the heart/oval or not (assuming there's still room in it). If you go in the heart, someone puts another, different wristband on you as you go in.

I really like United Center's system for this. The whole thing was very orderly, which is exactly what you want in this situation. I saw U2 with GA tickets at another venue last tour, and it was chaos compared with how the United Center ran it.

Last edited:
what time do Chicago tickets go on sale?

is it 10:00 am EST or Central time? I'm trying for Philly, but if I don't get them, I could do Chicago too. I would love to find out I have that grace of an hour between shows. Anybody know?

10 am Central, our 11:00 (EST)...

I will be on at 10:00 am EST just be be extra sure, but I am 99% sure it is 10 am local time...

Anyone else have section 330? Is it has bad as I think? Honestly, after all the crap I went through on Tuesday, i'm just glad to be in the building.

Going to the venue for tickets

Howdy,
I live in Chicago and I wonder if anyone has ever waited inline at the United Center for tickets at thier box office. Or any venue anywhere for that matter.
Thanks,
Bearded Morrison

I'm getting in line for floor tickets to the May 7 show. My friend just called and said it's 10am Chicago time, so 11am EST. Question for more experienced: should I bring cash? Like, will it take longer to enter credit card info and then I'll not get tickets? We've decided online is too unreliable so we will be buying in person tomorrow morning. I've never seen U2 in concert so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Using cash is probably better, yes 'cos then you won't get charged a ridiculous booking fee! I went to buy tickets in person this morning and got 2 tickets whoopee :happy: The bummer, though is that i'm in a seat near the back, an area which i think is what people have been calling the 'nosebleed' section. Hope i don't sound dumb here but why is that referred to as that?:huh:

It's a bit of a dissapointment but hey, i'll be there&maybe i won't be too far away, since the stage is to be set up the way it is! :hmm: I was going to use the phone&Internet at first, but since reading about extortionate booking fees&the fact that it's a risk trying to get through on these damn phonelines, i went for turning up in person. The weather was better than usual here in Scotland, so it wasn't too cold. Mind you, it did get colder from waiting 6 hours! :crazy: :yikes:

Hope you get the those precious tickets, LivLuv! :up:

You can call any Ticketmaster # at all, it doesn't have to be the local one. But, from Ticketmaster's website, the local Chicago # for charge-by-phone is 312-559-1212.

Good luck Lies, we are trying for the May 7th show tomorrow as well :up: The only downside for going in person may be the policy of the place selling the tickets. Most of the Ticketmaster outlets have a random # policy to discourage lining up. Basically, if more than 2 people are in line beforehand, they hand out random #'s to determine who will get to buy tickets first. So even if you camped out the night before, if you get #5, you are very likely screwed (at least for GA).

WendiGSD said:
Anyone else have section 330? Is it has bad as I think? Honestly, after all the crap I went through on Tuesday, i'm just glad to be in the building.

I got in section 330, but I'm trying to GA tix tomorrow morning...well, I guess later today. What's my best bet guys, phone or internet or both? I don't live in Chicago so I can't go to the outlet there...

I'm so nervous. I woke up at 4:30am and can't sleep. Probably jet lag though. I'd decided not to worry over this, b/c I'd made up my mind that I was going to Africa and the tour didn't matter, but now that it's so close......The fact that I've never done this before is NOT helping. Get in line or go online....I wish I could be in two places at once! :(

Yea, I got right on that Tuesday show. Had a two minute wait, and already got deined for GA's. Give me a freakin break. IT JUST WENT ON SALE!

Back
Top Bottom