MERGED ----> atu2.com rumour + Second Hawaii Show?!?! 12/10/2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bort269

War Child
Second Hawaii Show?!?! 12/10/2006

HOLY CRAP!!

from http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=4446

"Two other quick tour notes: rumors from friends down under include a 2nd Hawaii show (Dec. 10th) being announced very soon, and discussion amongst the tour crew about more stadium shows next summer."

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up (since it's been a rollercoaster ride of "will they add another show?" since January) but if you haven't gotten your plane ticket yet, you might want to leave on the 11th!! :)

FINGERS CROSSED (for the 269th time)

atu2.com rumour

From their Off the record column:

Two other quick tour notes: rumors from friends down under include a 2nd Hawaii show (Dec. 10th) being announced very soon, and discussion amongst the tour crew about more stadium shows next summer.

:hmm: More shows? Where?

Isn't it waaay late for a second show to be announced? If it was going to happen, wouldn't it have happened pretty soon after they announced the rescheduled dates for this leg?

And last I checked, this show had not even sold out.

If it's true though, I'm going to be out a big wad of cash because I'm scheduled to leave on the 10th, and obviously I'll have to change that. :wink:

i wonder if U2 could turn into one of theseacts that has a never ending tour and just does parts of the world occasionally - being away for 3 months a year is much easier on family than one year every 4

We've heard the same rumor, but were waiting on more information before posting about it. Apparently the stadium shows might be in the US, but again, waiting on more info about that.

this won't happen as Adam is getting married in the middle of 2007 so can you honestly see him doing a big tour and getting married etc? i don't think so!

You know Bono has been telling anyone and everyone here in Australia that the new album will be out "very soon". This is Bono talking, but you never know. If so, and considering it is so close on the back of the Bomb and huge Vertigo tour, perhaps a shorter stadium tour in support?

Earnie Shavers said:
You know Bono has been telling anyone and everyone here in Australia that the new album will be out "very soon". This is Bono talking, but you never know. If so, and considering it is so close on the back of the Bomb and huge Vertigo tour, perhaps a shorter stadium tour in support?

very possible.. I heard somewhere about that too.. But you can't trust what comes out of Bono's mouth..:giggle: He's a talker as you well know... :wink:

Earnie Shavers said:

and have you heard, Edge is on fire!

:giggle:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

very possible.. I heard somewhere about that too.. But you can't trust what comes out of Bono's mouth..:giggle: He's a talker as you well know... :wink:

I know, I know. But it makes more sense then just sticking a few stadium dates out there kinda in the middle of nowhere, album cycle wise. I'd say if there's truth to this rumour, there's truth in Bono's "album on the way" hype. They'd go hand in hand.

Rubin said they recorded 4 songs (I assume Saints, WITS are included) in those sessions, and Bono and Larry said no album in 2007 when fans talked to them outside Abbey Road studios.
And from the Sun here is Adam on the new album:“We will write a new album next year — and it will probably take us a year — but it’s what we love doing.” I'm guessing he means 2008 release?

:shrug: Are they soundchecking new material like mad, then?

Maybe a few shows to promote the IMAX movie next year?

Last edited:
they will work on the album throughout 2007 but i really can't see them releasing an album until 2008

When you look at the intervals between tours over the last 12 years, I reckon we won't see the band doing a tour until 2008 or 2009.

People, here's what is REALLY happening:

1. U2 are releasing a technical death metal album in March. It will go #1 in all the Scandinavian countries, Germany, and Kyrgyzstan, but will bomb in the US: A secret Hungarian folk-styled bonus track will captivate the UK market and boost sales, but an album of Crazy Frog duetting with Robbie Williams on Abba covers will stop it from hitting #1.
2. U2 will then release a digital-only album in April. It will be country music played on harps and hammond organs and will redeem U2 in the eyes of America and posers who pretend they like experimental music. The album will go #1 for two months in the US and Japan. The New Zealand government will make downloading copies of the album a criminal offence.
3. U2 will then start their long-awaited Comprehensive Tour Of New Zealand. No songs recorded after 1988 will be played except for Alex Desnds Into Hell and the occasional Mofo. Every show will be played in a town with a population below 3,000 at the local rugby field. Bono will be drafted into the New Zealand rugby league team for a couple of games but will then defect to rugby union and play in the World Cup winning All Blacks squad (though he will only get seven seconds of actual match time).
4. In early 2008, U2 will then go to Alaska and play a month of concerts in the arctic circle. These will be billed as the only US shows for the next decade and thousands of American fans will flock to the shows ... only to be stunned when U2 announce its intention to play another month of US shows, this time in Wyoming.
5. U2 will then set up shop in Dublin and busk for anyone willing to listen to Bono give 10 minute speeches before, during, and after every song. During this time, he will be elected Supreme Ruler of Ireland. Edge will evolve into God and turn Adam into a spoon for his sins, though he will also heal Larry of both his bad wrists and poor musical taste.

And that's the complete scoop. You heard it here first.

Last edited:
Oh!, I wouldn't mind a beautiful night under the stars at Parc Jean-Drapeau here in Montréal next June or July.

:)

I find it hard to believe that with less than a month to go they would change the final Hawaii show to be on the 10th.

Come to think about it, I find it hard to believe they would add stadium shows next summer anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom