MERGED --> ALL Twickenham discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo786

War Child
Twickenham 1 and 2

Almost here now!

What time will you guys start lining up from? I don't wnat to go early and find no one is there - I would not know where to stand for a start... is there anything to do in the surrounding area? (I have only ever driven past and from I remember the surrounding area is all residential?)

Do you think they will have a queue system in place so we can just go sit in line (will probably be a big line?)

Also is there gonna be some sort of interference.com identifier so we know others from this forum?

What do tix look like?

Hi,

Gosh its been a long time since I last posted here. I would be extremely grateful if anyone who has a genuine ticket for twickenham could describe to me what the ticket looks like and what security marks it has. I didn't manage to get tickets for this tour and am thinking of buying some that i have seen on a local forum but I am a bit scared of getting scammed.

Thanks.

I asked that and got no reply :( i know that my tickets for cardiff had a black and white image of the band and the only coulour on the ticket was orange. I thought it would have been red/black, so im a bit worried myself!

Hope this helps :wink:

look on ebay they have pictures.

Cardiff are PAPER and quite large - they can be green or orange (depending o nwhat type - standing or sitting)

they have a silver secuity hologram thing, they also have a section which tears off. they do NO have a barcode (my standings didnt anyway)

twicken 18th - its smaller, Red and made of card. it has a barcode as well as a silver hologram and the bit that tears off - the back of mien have TICKETMASTER on them - the cardiff ones did not.

have a look at all the ones on ebay.

the cardiff ones are paper, but they did have a quality feel to them

all of the tickets feature the same picture of U2 sitting down in black and white (i think its from the vertigo cover?)

Thanks! The tix I had found for face value have gone though boohoo! The search continues.....

Re: What do tix look like?

sophie said:
Hi,

Gosh its been a long time since I last posted here. I would be extremely grateful if anyone who has a genuine ticket for twickenham could describe to me what the ticket looks like and what security marks it has. I didn't manage to get tickets for this tour and am thinking of buying some that i have seen on a local forum but I am a bit scared of getting scammed.

Thanks.

Ticketmaster have some seats for sale, but it looks like they can't be bought on line. Maybe worth giving them a ring though.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/736365?affiliate=Z097

Twickenham

The official site
http://www.rfu.com/microsites/twickenham/index.cfm

Says they will allow people be open at 4pm to the public

So what time are peopel going to start queuing?

Also about the shuttle bus - will there be laods of them constantly going to the Hounslow Tube Station or will there be all hell brekaing loose because of people trying to get on them?

Does anyone know how lcose it is to WALK to nearest tube station?

mo786 said:
look on ebay they have pictures.

Cardiff are PAPER and quite large - they can be green or orange (depending o nwhat type - standing or sitting)

they have a silver secuity hologram thing, they also have a section which tears off. they do NO have a barcode (my standings didnt anyway)

Thanks a lot thats exactly what my tickets look like!!

Cardiff here I come!!!

As posted in the June 18 Fan Gathering thread:

Weather forcast for the weekend in London (not that it means anything this far ahead):

FRIDAY, JUNE 17
Mostly sunny, high 26C (79F)
POP: 20%

Night: mostly clear 14C (58F)
POP: 0%

SATURDAY JUNE 18
Mostly sunny, high 28C (82F)

Night: mostly clear, low 14C (58F)
POP: 20%

SUNDAY, JUNE 19
Scattered thunder storms, high 27C (80F)
POP: 40%

Night: Scattered thunder storms, low 14C (57F)
POP: 40%

Obviously weekend weather reports are a little premature and on average not very accurate. That said if this happens to turn out as expected then it would make for a great Saturday show. Can't wait.

If there are thunderstorms on Sunday and you're flying out of Heathrow or Gatwick, you can expect delays.

Jon

Well, Twickenham is up next and I cannot wait. Athlete and Doves should be a good support, weather looks like it'll behave itself plus U2 have never played at Twickenham stadium. Maybe they'll throw in a surprise for us? It's gonna be a beautiful day....

WEATHER UPDATE:
The weather forcast for Saturday went from good to better, and from bad to excellent for Sunday!! Looks like it might be a nice weekend! Good news all around.

FRIDAY, JUNE 17
Mostly sunny, high 27C (80F)

Night: partly cloudy, 17C (63F)

SATURDAY JUNE 18
Mostly sunny, high 29C (84F)

Night: mostly clear, low 15C (59F)

SUNDAY, JUNE 19
Partly cloudy, high 28C (82F)

Night: low 13C (55F)
POP: 30% chance of late showers

Off to London tonight. See you there!

Jon

What time is everyone lining up? I am heading up at 10am to get my tickets from the box office then heading into the line. Do we think that will be early enough to get in the enclosure?

Also, do we know the wristband procedure and where to line up? Thanks

Posted this in the Manchester GA thread but it might be helpful in this thread also:

Seems like these Twickenham people are much more professional than those at Manchester. Here's an email posted on Zootopia regarding the concerts this coming weekend. Hope this helps someone.

FROM: Sarah Newton Twickenham Stadium Operations Department

Firstly thank you for your email.

I actually had two colleagues up at Manchester yesterday who were equally appalled at the lack of event control for the queuing system.

I can absolutely assure that Twickenham Stadium takes on board everything that occurred yesterday at Manchester.

For the past few days now we have been setting up Twickenham Stadium to cope with the 15,000 people expected on the pitch area for Saturday and Sundays concerts. An elaborate queuing system has been put in place and fans will be accessed on the pitch on a first come first served basis. You will be able to leave the queues if you wish for a limited period of time through a pass out system. We have dedicated 120 staff to this whole system. We are providing tap water for you, toilets, concessions etc.... You can queue as early as you like and where possible, the system is concise and elaborate and we asked that all people queuing remain patient as we have everything under control. Everyone will be given a leaflet explaining the queuing system and the staff will regularly keep you informed as to when the turnstiles will open.

The security companies employed at Manchester are not the same ones we use here, we pride ourselves on a customer focused service and I very much hope we deliver and don't disappoint

Please be aware that the weather is going to be extremely hot for Saturday and Sunday so fans should prepare for extreme weather as shade isn't something I can sort out!

Enjoy the concert and let me know any other concerns you have.

Back
Top Bottom