MERGED --> ALL Manchester discussion MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to see The Bravery in Oxford on Friday night and they played An Cat Dubh and said afterwards that they would be supporting U2 in Manchester. I guess that'll be the 14th June cos they're playing Berlin on the 15th.

ooch123 said:
I went to see The Bravery in Oxford on Friday night and they played An Cat Dubh and said afterwards that they would be supporting U2 in Manchester. I guess that'll be the 14th June cos they're playing Berlin on the 15th.
i hope your not winding me up :p that would be pretty cool

Anyone going to Manchester 15th???

Cos you will see a sad bastar# there on his own, and that being me! Been let down by others so having to go on my tod, so if you see me, don't mock, I'm just there for the music!:wink:

I'll be there!

You won't be the only sad bastar# on your own either :wink: Even sadder, its my birthday on June 15th! Oh well, our friends don't know what theyre missing out on :wink:

In fact, out of the 17 U2 shows I've seen so far, I've only managed to persuade friends to go to about 4 of the shows, the rest I've gone to on my own. The way I've always looked at it is why miss out cos you can't persuade anyone to go with you, its their loss at the end of the day.

U2 fans on the whole are good people who look out for each other, sweeping statement I suppose, but mostly true in my experience, and I usually end up meeting loads of great people at shows I've gone to on my lonesome.

So, if anyone sees any sad lonely people, yes, please take pity on us :laugh:

ooch123 said:
I hope this is true what i've heard of them sounds pretty good and along with snow patrol makes an excellent suppport line up.

oh and by the way :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: 13 days

Ellay said:
My tickets were due to arrive yesterday and they didn't :mad:

me too and I've got trades to sort out. TicketMaster..............argh, I can't describe how pissed of I am at the minute.

Vertigo Fly said:

Myn was supposed to come today and didn't :sad: :sad:

They better be here tommorrow!!!!!
If i remember rightly you got your tickets through seetickets.com as i did, since my original e-mail telling me to expect my tickets today i had another one last night telling me to expect them in the 2-3 days ,god them bastards like to make you sweat.:sigh:

Add me to the list of those going it alone. My friends in the U.S. just don't understand. Anyways, I'll be there for Manchester #2, so perhaps we can grab a pint after the show Reggie, to toast your birthday. I'm a fellow Gemini, and just turned 39 this past Monday.

oh no not The Bravery :( i think the Doves would be a miles better support band, but there supporting Coldplay i believe at bolton. But each to there own

Toshman said:
oh no not The Bravery :( i think the Doves would be a miles better support band, but there supporting Coldplay i believe at bolton. But each to there own
Could'nt agree more about doves but the bravery are'nt bad at least it's not athlete as on the 15th i think i'd fall asleep watching them! :yawn:

HURRAH literally just recieved my tickets 5 minutes ago. The delivery man could tell they were concert tickets from the giant smile on my face. "Are these your Coldplay tickets?" "No, U2!!!"

Dudette said:
HURRAH literally just recieved my tickets 5 minutes ago. The delivery man could tell they were concert tickets from the giant smile on my face. "Are these your Coldplay tickets?" "No, U2!!!"
Were these tickets from seetickets.com by any chance and if they were what was the colour of the couriers van so i can keep a lookout for them.

its on the bravery official site in the tour dates section that they are playing on the 14th in Manchester

Sweet thats a pretty dam good second support act! need to get to listening to more of their stuff though, I only properly know Honest mistake lol.

11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :hyper:

Vertigo Fly said:
Sweet thats a pretty dam good second support act! need to get to listening to more of their stuff though, I only properly know Honest mistake lol.

11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :hyper:
If you go their official web site you can listen to some tracks off their album ,they sound very similar to the killers

great count down!!..............i'm going on the 14th, getting so excited now as i haven't seen them since '93

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Cool another one joins in the countdown :D

Cheers for the info on the bravery website. Listened to a few songs and they seem pretty good. Not sure of the policy on link posting on here but if you search "stream the bravery" on google, the top site lets u stream tracks from the album one by one.

10 Days! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

the edges plec said:
thats right 10 days:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: .......................................................and i still have'nt received my tickets:crazy: :ohmy:

unlucky mate.

i'm well happy about the bravery supporting as well, with snow patrol there too it's gonna be like a mini-festival!

grr, my tickets arrived a few days ago but no-one was in to sign for them so I phoned up to get them redelivered but I haven't got them yet :huh:

I'm starting to worry!

Rich

richclarkson said:
grr, my tickets arrived a few days ago but no-one was in to sign for them so I phoned up to get them redelivered but I haven't got them yet :huh:

I'm starting to worry!

Rich
I,m sure it'll all be worth it when we see a show that will be fantastic
9 days :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom