MERGED --> All Dublin GA discussions MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Americans going to the Dublin shows post here!

Just interested in seeing how many Americans here will be taking the trip to Dublin for the two shows, June 24 and 25th!

I have tickets to the 25 (still havent gotten them though, have you all gotten yours?) but I just found out I was screwed out of my hotel and now I can't find one..hopefully I will soon.

Any Americans going to the show on the 24th?

I have mates who are coming over for the alleged show on the Sunday 26th June.
Theres been nothing official so I think they may have a wasted journey, but they reckon that the Sunday gig is a definite (insider knowledge apparently)
They`ve already bought tickets from a ticket agency (rip-off obviously)

Anyone any ideas whether this gig will happen as I dont want loads of American friends being grumpy at mine on holiday as their U2 gig doesnt go ahead !!

pwood1ed said:
I have mates who are coming over for the alleged show on the Sunday 26th June.
Theres been nothing official so I think they may have a wasted journey, but they reckon that the Sunday gig is a definite (insider knowledge apparently)
They`ve already bought tickets from a ticket agency (rip-off obviously)

Anyone any ideas whether this gig will happen as I dont want loads of American friends being grumpy at mine on holiday as their U2 gig doesnt go ahead !!

There might be a show on the 26th or the 27th, but each day that goes by without an official announcement, it gets less likely.

I posted a thread about this in the fourm but figure I will post it here, too as it is fitting. My GA tickets for Croke Park on the 25th arrived today! A very small unsuspecting envelope, so look out for it. I was wondering if they'd make us pick them up at will call. So glad I will be traveling over with the tix in my hand.

If any of you can't go at the last minute I will gladly buy your tickets from you for either date!!! :|

SoCalMusicLover said:
I've got my tickets for both nights, and will be spending most of June touring Western Europe, seeing a few shows. All I need now is a date for the Dublin & Manchester shows.

A date?

I'm traveling to Europe solo, and I have Reserved tickets to some of the shows. Ideally I would like to manufacture a date between now and then. Perhaps an Irish gal who wants to show me around Dublin. Regardless, I'm not too worried about getting rid of my extras, since they're all excellent seats.

I will be there on the 24th show... got the tickets about a week ago and they are glorious!!!!! Hope we can keep updating about this, it would be fun to meet other pilgrams on the journey.

I too have got tickets for 26th June in Dublin, and I am now getting a little concerned as to wether or not the concert is going to go ahead.... can anyone shed any concrete light on this... it is driving me insane

sjw000 said:
I too have got tickets for 26th June in Dublin, and I am now getting a little concerned as to wether or not the concert is going to go ahead.... can anyone shed any concrete light on this... it is driving me insane

Where did you get tickets? Have you asked the people you purchased them from about what's going on? The 3rd show is looking less likely, although there's still 2+ months, and all they need is 10 minutes to sell it out anyways. Keep Hope Alive!

I got tickets fom box office in UK, and yes I have been on to them and they keep telling me that 26th is going ahead and will be announced soon, but as time goes on I am getting very doubtful!!! But I am Keeping hope ALIVE!!!!!!

I'm planning on working in Dublin this summer starting from mid June, so I'm trying SO hard to get tix. Since they're so in demand, everyone who wants to trade is holding out for 1st leg hard-to-get shows, none of which I have extras of. :( Ah well... hopefully, something will work.

Back
Top Bottom