MERGED --> All Dublin GA discussions MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had noticed :lol:

Wanna come to Dublin? For you, Dublin 3 ticket in easy monthly payments :sexywink:

hide me in your suitcase so i dont have pay for airfare and im there

then i could change my name to chizip is a suitcase

June 22 at JFK Airport... meet me there, I'll bring the extra big suitcase :D

Debating the June 24th show- Airfare is :crazy: 1064-1700 out of JFK :| The trip to Vegas is looking better!

:ohmy: It is?

I booked mine a while ago with Aer Lingus for $572.00 + My Detroit to NYC airfare, so still not cheap, but not nearly that horrid :ohmy:

I'd still like to find a partner for one of the first 2 Dublin shows or Manchester. I got great reserved seats for all those shows, so I don't have to spend time in GA lines. My location for Friday in Dublin is right by the stage.

Well, I just wanted you to be comfy, but fine I will take just the regular sized one and you can contort yourself until you fit...

I did say you had a big fat head somewhere around here though :wink:

Miroslava said:
I got tickets!!! :hyper: Well through ebay and crap, but *crosses fingers* never gotten screwed yet....

I will have an extra ticket for Monday to sell if anyone needs it.. I paid above face of course :( so $160.00 if anyone wants it. Section 322, Row F (Canal End)...

Dizzy are you going alone too?

Yup. :yes: GA on the 25th, and I'm waiting to hear from someone to about a ticket for the Monday show, so we'll see. If you still have your ticket by then, and I don't, let me know. I got my leave approval from work pretty late, so now I'm 'stuck' in Ireland until the 4th of July. :laugh: Will tour the other cities then. My bank account will be so happy after this trip :uhoh:

Are you going to the Octagon Bar meetup?

Meetup? No clue... hadnt planned on it... Dublin is going to be hectic at best, so I have not gotten my scheduled 100% settled.

Arrive on the 23rd...

Need to meet with non-interference friends that also arrive that day. Friend from Germany arrives in the morning, friend from France in evening. Need to hook up with CTU2fan that evening too to camp for Dublin 1

24th - Show with friend from France and CT and friends (GA)

25th - Rest, look around Dublin with friends. Show in seats with friend from France.

26th - Look around city with friends. Friends leave.

27th - Go out of Dublin and explore show that night, seats alone.

28th - Look around

29th - Come home...

But I think I may be able to squeeze a meet up somewhere in there...
:wink:

And my seat for Monday is still available!! :D

I decided on Monday (May 30th) that I wanted to go to Ireland. By today (Friday night), I now have tickets to 2 shows and will have tickets to the third show in a couple of days. As usually, I got lucky and now I have a combination of GAs and excellent seats for all three shows!

Miroslava decided to "upgrade" her June 27th tickets and sit next to me, so I'm meeting up with her :wave: at JFK and we are on the same flight over to Ireland. There are going to be so many Americans in Ireland. Woo-hoo!

One4U2 you have just got to come! Jesse I'll be looking out for you too [no pun intended]. :wink:

u2forlife said:
I decided on Monday (May 30th) that I wanted to go to Ireland. By today (Friday night), I now have tickets to 2 shows and will have tickets to the third show in a couple of days. As usually, I got lucky and now I have a combination of GAs and excellent seats for all three shows!

Miroslava decided to "upgrade" her June 27th tickets and sit next to me, so I'm meeting up with her :wave: at JFK and we are on the same flight over to Ireland. There are going to be so many Americans in Ireland. Woo-hoo!

One4U2 you have just got to come! Jesse I'll be looking out for you too [no pun intended]. :wink:

:sad: I wish I could go :sad:

Yup, u2forlife and I have teamed up... we're traveling together, doing the GA thing for Dublin 1 and sitting together for Dublin 3... It is going to be so much fun!!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

That's great Miro! :) Hope to meet you and the other fans somewhere, somehow in Dublin. :hyper:

I'm meeting up with someone from South Africa for June 25, and someone from the UK on the 27th. Now this makes me want to hang out at Croke on the 24th for a ticket. :hmm:

Stayed up late last night sorting out travel arrangements for this trip. :yawn:

dizzy said:
That's great Miro! :) Hope to meet you and the other fans somewhere, somehow in Dublin. :hyper:

I'm meeting up with someone from South Africa for June 25, and someone from the UK on the 27th. Now this makes me want to hang out at Croke on the 24th for a ticket. :hmm:

Stayed up late last night sorting out travel arrangements for this trip. :yawn:

Yay! Hope to meet you too!! :hyper:

You may know what I look like :uhoh: Seems like a lot of people do anyway... Brooklyn what up! :wink: So if you see me, stop me and say hi! :hyper: Feel free to send a pic along and I can keep an eye too... I am pretty decent at recognizing people, even when the pictures are not so good. One4U2 can vouch for that :lol:

I'll be at the GA line on the 24th, Section 301 on the 25th and 335 on the 27th :dance:

Last edited:
I have yet to see a picture of you. :) My e-mail is tinw22 at yahoo dot com, and I can send you one too.

Red route, Blue Route, and Yellow route tickets in Dublin

Does anyone know if there are different entrances for all these routes. My friend has a blue route ticket and I have a red route ticket. I am concerned about being separated to enter the stadium. Can anyone answer if there is a difference?

Blue Route: Jones Road
Yellow Route: Russel Street
Red Route: St. James Ave

I am sure those instructions will apply only to late comers, right? And the people that are queued up should be allowed only through one set of doors?

:huh:

Last edited:
5uim4g

:huh: :huh: :huh:

So anyone have any experience with GA at Croke? Is it only one entrace or do we have to go to the gate listed on our ticket?

:huh:

Dublin 24th June Advice Please!

Hi everyone! The time is nearly upon us for the Dublin gigs! :)

I've never been to a U2 gig before, nor been to Croke park, although I love U2 I never had the money to go before... Anyway, I'm really quite ignorant about what to do to maximise my chances of getting to the front of GA. I know it's going to be hard but I after spending $400/£250 on tickets I think I deserve a bloody good night!! :)
Answers to the following questions by experienced concert goers would be greatly appreciated:
1. When do I arrive? Thursday or Friday am/pm? I was going to drive up to Dublin on the Thursday.
2. We don't have accommodation. Stupid boyfriend left it too late. Do you think we could sleep in the car after parking it? Or camp near the stadium?
3. What time do we need to start queing by? Dont' mind staying up the night before to queue if that's necessary.
4. What's everyone else doing?

Sorry some of these questions might seem stupid but I'd really appreciate some insight into how to plan the Thursday and Friday. Thanks guys xx

if you get in line early friday 8 - 9am you will get a place on the barrier at the front. there may be some crazier ones there all night but not too many. i expect the queue to get really busy mid morning/lunchtime.
theres nowhere to camp - its city centre - and you shouldnt anyway, its an inner city area and not too safe.
try www.tcd.ie the university in town, it rents out dorm rooms for summer months.
if you have a car you could always drive a few miles out to the country where you can finf a b&b.

Can't believe I got merged!
Yeah tried Trinity College and they're full too! Believe me there isn't a bed in Dublin for that weekend available, even the tourist board told me that... Nearest vacancy is 45 minute drive out. So we're sleeping in the car!
Anyone else sleeping rough/in the car? Maybe we could get a posse together...
So you reckon 8 or 9am is a good time to start queueing?

Back
Top Bottom