Melbourne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from Doncaster Shoppingtown about 1/2 an hour ago...People lined up from Saturday night...must be someone from these boards. Anyways everyone seems to be only getting reserved seats so if you want general admission you can get some if you're quick...I got myself 4 GAs :drool:

chenny said:
Just got back from Doncaster Shoppingtown about 1/2 an hour ago...People lined up from Saturday night...must be someone from these boards. Anyways everyone seems to be only getting reserved seats so if you want general admission you can get some if you're quick...I got myself 4 GAs :drool:

Melbourne can't have sold nearly as quick as Sydney. Sydney 1 is sold out and the ticketek web site is working properly again. Whereas I still can't get into the ticketmaster web site which is a sign that Melbourne is still selling (one assumes at a slower rate than Sydney 1).

I'm wanting to get into the ticketmaster web site at midday Sydney time to get Brisbane tickets. Am hoping Melbourne demand drops off before then. C'mon Melbournites, hurry up!!!!!!!

I'm amazed Melbourne hasn't sold out. I would have thought the demand was roughly the same, and the Melbourne show is in a venue half the size of the Sydney show...

Melbourne only has half a mill less than Sydney in the popluation stakes...but we're more spread out. I thought it was gonna sell out, but nah it didn't.
Sydney I guess has alot more U2 fans.

Ok so Melbourne is sold out but www.ticketmaster.com.au is still busy. Adelaide goes on sale in 10 mins and I can't get into the web site. Brisbane will go on sale 1/2 hour after that. This is silly. The residual web site activity from Melbourne is effecting the next two to go on sale.

I got myself a lovely ticket at the very top of the stadium. I've been clicking away for three hours or so on the Ticketbastard site. What a nightmare.

However then I managed to get a GA ticket for Adelaide, so I'm happy, :) :) :)

I got myself a lovely ticket at the very top of the stadium - or rather my Mum did - she supports my U2 addiction 100%. She and I have been clicking away for three hours or so on the Ticketbastard site. What a nightmare.

However then I managed to get a GA ticket for Adelaide, so I'm happy, :) :) :)

Melbourne rules....best city in the world.

Bloody internet purchasing of tickets is farcical. Having to spend over an hour clicking on one page over and over and over.

Mustve clicked about 5000 times at least

I camped out at 11:30 last night in Camberwell thinking that was really early. I get there with a friend and there are like 35 people in front. So we decided to stay there and by 5am the line was huge and getting longer as 9am neared. So I guess we made the right decision to stay cos we all got our tickets!!! YAY!!!! :)

Tried to log in to Ticketmaster at 7am but it was already busy so I set off to the local ticket outlet after dropping my daughter at school. Was supposed to be going straight to work but what the heck - it's been 21 years since I have seen them and I was determined to get tickets. There was already a queue of course so- long story short - it took me an hour in the queue to get to the desk and thank goodness there were still some tix left! (I was sure I was going to get close and they would announce it was sold out! :yikes: ).

I had been trying to decide whether to get GA's or seats all weekend ( I'm a little on the short side! :( :ohmy: but the decision was made for me as all that was left were seats right up the top or GA's. So I took the GA's of course and now I can't wait for March! (Any ideas how I can grow 10 inches in the meantime!) I hope I can see :wink:

For those who missed out :( I'm sure they will announce another show :)

Getting in line makes much more sense, If you can , rather than Phone or Internet.
Just much more simple, less stressfull

We lined up for Melbourne, got everything we wanted, I lined up again for Sydney, got the 1 ticket, Mum walked up for brisbane, got a ticket.

Got to Myer Centre at Highpoint at 6am. 3 people in queue, only been there 15 mins.

Secuirty guard gave out tickets. Some scalper bastard tried to rip a ticket out of some girls hand, i scream at him to fuck off, he stomped off all pissed! *smug look*

But about 9am there were 70 ppl in line (have NO IDEA WHY YOU COME AT 9AM SILLY!!!)

they let us in a minute to 9 because you had to go up a floor.

got to ticket counter, fat old stupid bints on computers were logging in going ' oooh the system is slow today' 'ohh joan can you get me coffee' etc etc totally oblivious to the 100 people in the line gagging for tickets. Took them 15 mintues to get to me. I got 3 GAS asked lady when second go on sale, she had no idea

i then went down to ticketek on second floor, boyfriend been there with two other people as PERSON HAD NOT TURNED UP AT 9! It was 9.20am by the time she actually turned up and put the computer on, boyfriend calm, i was shouting (a little bit hyper on coffee) finally she gave us GA for Sydney, asked about second concert she didn;t know either

went back to myers, line just as long moving as slow as anything decide to go to windy hill ticketmaster, got there a and b reserve sold out, 40 ppl in line, thought they'd annouce second conert they didn't. Got shitty and wondered why.

Came home.

Lesson. You NEVER use internet. EVER. They have like 100 slots and thats it, you'll never get through...the system is slow, shit and not used to traffic...

im sorry to the people that didn't get tickets. :(

Got my adelaide GA's as well.

hoping for new concerts!

Back
Top Bottom