meeting the band before shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russmadem

The Fly
Hello everyone, I am going to the Minn., Milw., Chi. and ST. Louis shows and maybe the Pitt. show. I have heard that the band often stops and signs autographs and takes pix, etc. with the fans on their way into the arena. I am after information on the best place and times to be there at the arenas for the shows I am attending. Can anyone offer any suggestions? thanks, scott

Here in Europe the band arrived 5 minutes before show time at most of the shows.... They also leave the venue right after the show, usually when the houselights are still off.... By the time you're stuck in a traffic jam after the show, the band will be in their hotel or on a plane to one of their homes....

I don't know how they'll do it in the States... Check out where the band will be staying and try to catch up with them at the hotel....

Good luck meeting them..

congrats on getting the pitt tickets...I'm in line for them if you change your mind :D

You might want to check out this thread:
http://forum.interference.com/t134471.html
it's much, much easier to meet the band in the U.S. than at European shows...they often come out and sign before soundcheck. That thread covers the basics. Good luck!

I remember the Charlotte elevation show - I am not even sure they were done playing Walk On when they were already on the plane "wheels up".

The thread Ruffian pointed you to is on the mark. Also, sometimes if they're running late for soundcheck they won't stop on the way in but one or more of them might come out right after soundcheck, this was the case for San Jose 1 (Bono came out), so it might be after 5pm. And if you want a chance for Larry, the venue is about the only place he'll come out at, he won't do it at the hotel. I know one or more of them usually stop for fans in Chicago but there's usually a lot of people waiting.

Pop Artist said:
The thread Ruffian pointed you to is on the mark. Also, sometimes if they're running late for soundcheck they won't stop on the way in but one or more of them might come out right after soundcheck, this was the case for San Jose 1 (Bono came out), so it might be after 5pm. And if you want a chance for Larry, the venue is about the only place he'll come out at, he won't do it at the hotel. I know one or more of them usually stop for fans in Chicago but there's usually a lot of people waiting.
yeah, chicago was a nightmare. Larry's car pulled out after the third show and he actually crouched down in the back seat to avoid fans :( But Adam, Edge, and Bono came out other times...

Hey russmadem, I'm also going to the Minneapolis show! Do you have GA? Hope you get to meet the band...I'll probably be out there waiting before soundcheck as well.

no, i don't have any ticket for MInn., Milw., or Chic. I have seats for Stl. and am in process of buying GA's for Pitt. I went to both shows in San Diego with tix. I swapped my bad tix for better tix at the arena both nights, so I will probably try and get tix shortly before the shows in these cities unless I somehow find some Ga's or excellent seats before then. I have asked for info on where to be before the shows to maximize my chances of meeting the band, but does anyone have info on where around these arenas is the best place to look for last minute tix?

russmadem said:
Hello everyone, I am going to the Minn., Milw., Chi. and ST. Louis shows and maybe the Pitt. show. I have heard that the band often stops and signs autographs and takes pix, etc. with the fans on their way into the arena. I am after information on the best place and times to be there at the arenas for the shows I am attending. Can anyone offer any suggestions? thanks, scott

See you in Chi- town and STL:wave:

I'm going to Minneapolis too! :) i'm also planning on going to see if i could catch a glimpse of them before the show.

I wonder why U2 doesn`t come out to greet fans in Europe?

I`m so used to it in North America that I hung out at Earl`s Court for hours on end back in 2001, waiting for them... :reject:

Back
Top Bottom