Madrid with an excited 8 yearold!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's Tart

Refugee
Can any of the Spanish fans help please?

I'm taking my 8 year old daughter to her first U2 concert in Madrid 1 in 11 days time!!:hyper: and as you can imagine she is as excited as her mother is!!

Now I know its going to be really hot so my plan is either to go down to the stadium early with her and my husbands tickets and for them to come along later on maybe 2/2.30. Hopefully I will have some more lovely fans near me who wont have an issue with an 8 year old arriving later so that she doesnt get sunstroke.Our queuesin the UK where very laid back with this type of thing.
What is near the stadium? Are there any shops or anywhere to get drinks from, any toilets ets?

Or another idea maybe trying to find out which hotel they will be staying in and taking her along there around 11.30? She is deperate to meet Bono and Adam!!

If anyone can help I would be very grateful, but if any of you see us in the stadium she'll have a lilac stetson on with u2 badges on give us a wave!!:wave:

Knowing my daughter she'll be the one on stage fulfilling her mothers wildest dream to dance with Bono!!!:wink:

Come on folks I need some help here pretty please!!!

On the tickets it says gates open 5pm so I'm assuming they wont be on until 9.30/10 like recently? Its going to be a long day for her!!

I really can't say, it all depends on the venue's organisation and security. But from my own experience in Nice last week I certainly wouldn't take a child to stadium GA. The heat was very difficult - the local firemen were even there hosing the crowd down (which was greatly appreciated). The queuing system and security was a mess - there was no way anyone would've been able to meet up with friends who'd arrived earlier in the day as the whole thing ended in a big crush with everyone packed like sardines by about 1pm. There were no toilets outside the stadium - people were forced to pee into bottles as certain fans refused to let them leave the queue and return to their places! crazy stuff! And then when the gates opened, there was a dangerous stampede and crush to get into the stadium, and no wristbands were handed out so it was a frightening free-for-all death sprint to the front of the pitch! I didn't even get my ticket or bag checked as I was just pushed through the entrance barriers in one great big surge! I hope things are better organised for you and your family in Madrid, but security and organisation in Nice were pretty much a disaster!

Ok mam cass thanks for the warning, we will be careful.

I'll be there from around 7.30 am and my husband is coming with our daughter around 3.30pm, and believe me they will be in the queue with me!!

I think its appalling the way certain fans behave in these GA queues, anyone wants to argue with me when they arrive they can try but its tough she's 8 years old and has just as much right to be there as anyone else, her ticket was the same price!!

One small child and 1 adult isnt really going to make any difference , over here in the UK fans saved places for friends in every queue we were in and we had been there all day if its only 1 or 2 I dont see it as an issue.

I'll let you know how we get on!!

I was queuing for more thn three hours in Barcelona, Bono's Tart, and the attitude of the people was great. I believe the spirit in Madrid will be very similar. You should not have any problems, especially if you're bringing in your daughter.

The Spanish are very relaxed. They would probably reject people cutting in, but I believe they'll even cheer you for taking your little girl with you.

Remember one of the best things about U2 is their fans.

Enjoy!!!

Back
Top Bottom