Live Aid II or Vienna on July 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ifeelnumb84

War Child
So Live Aid II is just about set for London on July 2. But U2 are scheduled to play in Vienna that date...Sooo, will that gig be canceled? Will it be rescheduled? Will they play Live Aid II at all?
Not expecting any definite answers, but I figured I should mention this "double-booking."

I doubt they'd cancel. I could see them do a remote broadcast. I was just talking to someone that was at the first live aid which I remember watching on T.V. Wish I had been there. Can't wait to hear who all will be performing.

Harry Vest said:
U2 HAVE to play Live Aid 2. It's as simple as that - THEY HAVE TO.
So whatever the circumstances THEY WILL PLAY LIVE AID 2!!!

They could move Vienna to the 3rd. Poland's gig is on the 5th, so I think they could get everything from Vienna to Poland in 2 days. I agree that it is a must that U2 play Live Aid 2.

The_acrobat said:

They could move Vienna to the 3rd. Poland's gig is on the 5th, so I think they could get everything from Vienna to Poland in 2 days. I agree that it is a must that U2 play Live Aid 2.

I agree that it is perfectly workable to move the whole production from Vienna to Katowice in 2 days, how would this leave the U2 fans with flights and hotel rooms based upon a Vienna 2nd July show, would U2 screw up those fans plans for Live Aid?

Maybe U2 could play Live Aid at about 4pm in London, then fly straight to Vienna to do their own show?

they could do both, with an early very short set at Live Aid 2.

I doubt they would miss it, and I doubt they would move or cancel the VIenna date, it seems they could do both in the same day.

live aid II also falls on teh day i leave for Ghana to volunteer - part of me wants to change my flight (especially if u2 are gonna be there) but then i remember that the reason i''m going out there is what live aid is all about and changing things would be a waste of money.

Yeah, sounds like they could do both if they do an early set in London....but shouldn't they be one of the last bands onstage for Live Aid (either them or Rolling Stones)?

remember Phil Collins in the first Live Aid, he played London and the U.S. U2 were the highlight of Live Aid, and they must be there in person for LA2. Everybody should be in person, not any of those "remotes."

Back
Top Bottom