Key Arena Policies for Seattle Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sscalhoon

The Fly
Just got off the phone with Key Arena customer service (since their website had nothing posted about procedures) and thought I'd share what I learned:

1. The GA lineup can start at 6am day of show. So far, they have no plans for wristbands.

2. For those wishing to purchase tickets the day of show on the 24th, the box office will open at 6pm on Sunday.

3. The lady I spoke with was quite emphatic that no cameras of any kind will be allowed into the arena. I mentioned that U2 security allowed non-professional cameras in at other arenas on the tour, and she was quite surprised. She mentioned that I should keep checking back in case they are informed of a change in the policy.

4. For anyone travelling into Seattle from out of town for Sunday's show, I-5 in downtown will be partially closed all weekend due to construction so traffic will be worse than usual. If you're coming in from the North, use the Express Lanes then take the Mercer St. exit. If you're coming in from the South, it might be worth it to take Hwy. 99 (you can get onto this highway near Southcenter) into town if traffic starts getting backed up.

Less than 54 hours and counting...

thanks so much for this info!! Let's hope she is wrong about cameras!
I'm renting a car at the airport Sunday morning, I guess I'll just have to hope the traffic won't be bad that early on a Sunday since I don't know how to get there on any of the alternate routes, lol!

Ok, I just got off the phone with a helpful man at Key Arena. Here's the info he had:

~no lining up before 6am

~no lottery of any kind will be in place (not sure how this applies to the bomb shelter?? I think he was referring more to the fact that they aren't using wristbands, but he did say this a couple of times, it will be "Strictly first come first served")

~at some point the u2.com members will be "moved to the front of the line"

~box office/will call window will open up at 10am, will call tickets should be available at the EAST box office window

~no cameras of any kind, unless/until they hear differently from u2 staff. If they say it's ok the Key staff will be ok w/it, so I'm pretty hopeful cameras will be allowed

Last edited:
Awesome guys, thanks. I will be there early Sun AM if I can actually get some sleep Saturday night! I'm sure cameras will be allowed, but will keep mine in the car until we get the green light.

BTW, today it's near 70 degrees and sunny, but Sunday is 50% chance of rain and more like 60 degrees. :madspit:

Anyone coming out for Monday's show? I've got GAs and I'm leaving Richmond at 8am, so hopefully after checking into the hotel, I'll be in the line-up by noon!

God, I hope cameras are allowed in. Maybe I'll pick up a disposable just in case I have to smuggle it in and risk getting it confiscated. At what point would they tell us the final word on whether cameras are allowed in or not? My hotel (and car) will be 6 blocks away from Key, so it's not too far, but if we only get confirmation as people start being let in, I'm screwed. :|

melsbud said:
Anyone coming out for Monday's show? I've got GAs and I'm leaving Richmond at 8am, so hopefully after checking into the hotel, I'll be in the line-up by noon!

God, I hope cameras are allowed in. Maybe I'll pick up a disposable just in case I have to smuggle it in and risk getting it confiscated. At what point would they tell us the final word on whether cameras are allowed in or not? My hotel (and car) will be 6 blocks away from Key, so it's not too far, but if we only get confirmation as people start being let in, I'm screwed. :|

Of course we'll let you know how it goes with cams on Sunday, so check in MOn!! I'll be there Monday too, but in seats. Have a safe trip down I-5!!

Thanks u2girl! Can't wait for your report!

(Does anyone know how the I-5 will be on Monday and Tuesday mid-day? It always seems like it's perpetually busy.)

hey everyone! just arrived in seattle...flew in this morning from Kentucky, so long 8 hour flight. I'm staying a block away from the arena and have already run across a few fans who've said they heard about the "no camera" policy. Phoenix had the same one (absolutely no cameras) but *everyone* brought them in. So we'll see how it pans out.

Looking forward to seeing those of you who will be in the GA tomorrow! :wave:

Somebody give me an idea what it's going to be like in the GA line...is it cool to leave the line for a few minutes and then come back, or do you have to really stay there every minute? Can you just kind of claim your spot and then move around visiting and meeting other fans?
Here's hoping for nice weather tomorrow!!

love2bmama said:
Somebody give me an idea what it's going to be like in the GA line...is it cool to leave the line for a few minutes and then come back, or do you have to really stay there every minute? Can you just kind of claim your spot and then move around visiting and meeting other fans?
Here's hoping for nice weather tomorrow!!
molly, here's from u2tour.com faqs:

6. How does "general admission" work? Do I need to line-up early? Do I have to stay in the line all day? What about getting food? What will I do with my personal belongings? How does it all work?

Until the Vertigo Tour begins, it's hard to say what will happen. Here's a general overview of how things worked during the Elevation Tour:

There's no set time to show up. Some venues may announce a time that they will allow a line to form on their property, but fans who show up earlier will generally begin forming a line at the venue entrance.

The earlier you show up, the closer you're likely to get to the stage. During the Elevation tour, the first 300 or so fans in the GA line were able to get "inside the heart" if they wanted. Some fans, however, preferred to be outside the heart at the tip of the stage. On the 1st leg of Elevation, you could show up by about 1:00 pm in most cities and still be in the first 300 fans. By the 3rd leg, if you weren't in line by 9:00 am, you were in danger of not being among the first 300 fans in line.

During Elevation, the first fans in line started a list to help maintain order in the line. As you arrived at the venue, you "checked in" to get your number for the day. Although every GA line is different, you can generally leave the line for brief periods of time to eat, go to the bathroom, run to your car, etc. Lengthy absences are frowned upon, though, even if someone else is holding your spot while you're gone. Also frowned upon: Having one person get in line early to hold spots for others who don't show up until later. List-keepers generally won't give out numbers to people who aren't there in person.

At most venues, security staff will alert the line of the plans for getting in the venue. During Elevation, security would often tell fans to make one last trip to their cars to return personal belongings, or one last trip to the bathrooms. This typically happened around 3 or 4 pm, and you were told to be back by a certain time to secure your spot in line.

At around 6 or 6:30, most venues began letting fans inside. This process was better at some venues and worse at others. There was no standard procedure. Once inside the venue, you were given a wristband allowing you on the floor. If you chose to go in the heart, you got another wristband at the heart entrance. Fans who secured the closest spots along the stage would generally not leave their position at all once they claimed it

Just bumping this up. I'm leaving in about 8 hours for the drive down. I just picked up a disposable camera this afternoon (I know some people on the camera thread said the pictures will turn out like shit but I figure I'll regret it more if I don't even try) and I'll be bringing my digital as well. Can anyone from the first show drop a quick word on what happened?

After telling us half the day that no cameras were allowed, they finally met with U2 management and said cameras ARE FINE!

We got in GA at 6am (#s 40 and 41) and ended up on the rail on Adam's side, outside the bomb shelter/ellipse. Inside was *maybe* half full - the beeps were going off WAY LESS than I had imagined, but it ended up just fine since Bono and Adam favored the right last night.

Line up is at the northeast corner of Key Arena, and if you park at the paid lot at the QFC off 1st Ave N, you're in prime position. Just make sure to put $15 in for parking, because it said $5 when I got there and then they posted $15 later in the day.

Also, they made us put our chairs away and "condense" really early - like 2pm. And I'd suggest bringing sunscreen too!

Hope you get this in time before you leave Melsbud!

I'm running late and walking out the door right now! Thanks so much for the info, u2girl! Should be an amazing show tonight! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom