It's a Bloodbath for Scalpers in Detroit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lancerla

The Fly
Hail ebay. Most seats are under face value, good seats selling at cost, GAs dipping down to $125 a pair. I almost wished I would have waited a little longer (though I only paid face for great seats). In the coming days, it's only going to get worse. I may try to get some GAs outside just for a shot at the ellipse.

Madness! :rockon:

My sympathies to those in major cities. I'm trying to get my friend tix for LA and it's the opposite. Minimum $275 for GA.

Yes, I know this! I'm desperately looking for 1 GA! Over the summer I got one for under $200... Hope someone comes thru... :(

Yeah, history says Detroit can sell around 40,000 seats for U2 but this is 2005 and were hurting bigtime in Michigan. Several companies like Delphi, Kmart and Northwest Airlines have filed or gone thru bankruptcy and the big three automakers are hurting. The unemployment rate is the highest or second highest in the nation. No surprise......

bigwali said:
Yeah, history says Detroit can sell around 40,000 seats for U2 but this is 2005 and were hurting bigtime in Michigan. Several companies like Delphi, Kmart and Northwest Airlines have filed or gone thru bankruptcy and the big three automakers are hurting. The unemployment rate is the highest or second highest in the nation. No surprise......

Michigan is really lagging behind as far as economic recovery. Also, I think Detroit is one of the least demanded shows on tour, and then they added a second date. I'm not complaining, b/c it's the only shows in my state, but it seems weird to have two D-hole shows and nothing in like Indy or Cincinnatti (or even South Bend like last time). This is also making it impossible to get Cleveland tickets!!!

Damn that is still too high. I'd like to see Ticketsplus choke on their $440 GA tickets :mad: and make no profit at all, they were only $130 last time, bastards.

Keep watching prices fall!

If the weather forecasts stay true watch prices fall even more. NYC may be able to hack the rain, but I think Palace tickets will fall because of it.

HappyFatBono said:
Keep watching prices fall!

If the weather forecasts stay true watch prices fall even more. NYC may be able to hack the rain, but I think Palace tickets will fall because of it.

Yeah, it's suppose to rain during the day and FREEZE and rain during the night.

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom