If you were at the Sydney show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooMacPhisto800

War Child
Can you clarify what happened during Kite. To refresh your memory, please see the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziQb2Ey43m8

Now, at precisely 5 minutes and 59 seconds of the video, Bono makes a superficially rude grabbing gesture and takes the kite string back from a fan.

Now, at precisely 6 minutes and 41 seconds of the video, Bono seems to go back to the fan and let him hold the kite string.

What really happened?

As reported in my review..

One thing that was pretty interesting though was when Bono went looking for his mike after playing around with the kite he couldn't manage to find it. He looked very pissed with the techo who seemed to be asleep on the job. Then later in the song he gave up the mike again but this time it was promptly returned to his hand in a heartbeat.

No, Bono was definately searching for the mic. I was about 4 metres from him. When he finally found it he snatched it as can be seen from the video.

Yeah, I was close to this as well. See just before he snatches the mike he's reaching around - going from tech to tech looking for the mike. Nothing kite related, just a tech not on the ball. It's his right hand, kite is in the left. He grabs the mike, then starts singing.

Back
Top Bottom