How to get Tokyo tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr_kitty

Babyface
Hey all,
I'm considering attending the Tokyo shows if at all possible. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get tickets. According to U2.com there will be a presale for fans who already had tickets for the old venue (Yokohama's Nissan Stadium) between August 5th and 31st. But does anyone know the ticketing agency/company through which these tickets are bought?

Thanks to anyone who reads and special thanks to those who reply...

I bought tickets for the Yokohama concert through PIA:

http://t.pia.co.jp/

However, at the moment, they are not selling the tickets, nor do they have a special information page for foreigners who wish to buy tickets.
Last time, they dedicated a number of tickets for foreigners, and so, it was easier to get tickets for us, because we didn't risk any Japanese person to pick up our tickets. Now, if I were you I'd wait until the tickets go on sale for the Japanese public, and then wait for any announcement about tickets for foreigners. That's what I'm gonna do anyway, I want tickets to more than just one of the shows (if I'm going, still need to find out whether it's possible!)

Good luck!

GP III, long time no speak!

Are you still going to go to the Japan shows? I e-mailed tnadventures, the company U2.com said was doing the pre-sale for Yokohama ticketholders but haven't heard anything back (further compounding things is the fact that I have ETS tickets).

Has anyone else heard anything about the pre-sale?

Hi again sean :)

I went to Japan in April, had a great trip. I really want to go back, not only to see U2, but to see Japan also. So I'm looking into financing it.

I had an e-mail from PIA yesterday, 'cause I bought a ticket from them back in March - so I have priority to booking tickets.

But I won't know the details until the 1st of August.

I emailed ETS but I still haven't got my money back. It will be necessary if I'm going!

Best of luck to everyone reading this :)

No new news just yet. They said they'd e-mail again tomorrow though, I expect there to be more info.

No personal experience but was leafing through my Propaganda book last night and found a comment re an "unusually lively audience...by Japanese standards" under the Tokyo PopMart entry (might have been an early Prop version of Willie's diary). Not sure exactly what that means...

Hi All,

The pre-sale will indeed take place starting August 5th.
It was confirmed in an email I received from PIA this morning.

I had pruchased tickets for the Yokohama show, and I luckily (well, it's the least!) have priority for the Tokyo shows.

I might go for all 3 of them, though dates are not ideal for me.

The link they have emailed me does not work for now.

I will update as soon as I have more information.

Just checked venue, accomodates up to 37,000 pax, quite small compared to Yokohama stadium. Cool!

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks U2shanghai!

Hoping there will be an opportunity for folks outside of Japan, without a presale code, to purchase tickets. I'm looking for two Ga's to the 12/4 show (fingers crossed cause I already have my flight!).

Hi All,

Just got feeback from PIA/Japan. The URL will be ready for August 5th noon (Japan) time. Get ready!

ww.pia.co.jp/u2-es/

I guess the same URL to be valid for everyone including those who did not purchase tickets for the Yokohama show.

Good luck!

bratty_cat said:
Thanks for the info U2shanghai!

I'm having trouble with those urls. :reject:

Anyone able to get on those sites?

Hi bratty_cat, the URL will be working from August 5th onwards, not before.
Hard to wait for me as well. but no choice...

bratty_cat said:
Thanks U2shanghai!

Hoping there will be an opportunity for folks outside of Japan, without a presale code, to purchase tickets. I'm looking for two Ga's to the 12/4 show (fingers crossed cause I already have my flight!).

By the way, I forgot to tell you that for the Yokohama show they had split the ground in areas (close to stage + A, B, C, D, E and F if my memory is correct). You do not choose where you are, and there is nothing you can do about it.
6 of us were going to the Yokohama show and to make sure we would get all 6 tickets, we bought them by pair, without knowing the above "problem". And each couple of tickets turned out to be in a different section... In your case it's fine as long as one person purchases the 2 tickets, don't purchase them individually.
If the deal is as per the April show, one person is allowed to purchase up to 4 tickets but I would not take any chance and try to get 4

Hope this could help

Hey Bratty Cat, do you have hotel reservations already? I'm still checking everything out. The Palace Hotel looks pretty good (US $130 per night, plus tax, for one room, two beds):

http://www.palace-omiya.co.jp/english/index.html

It's within a few minutes' walking distance of the Super Arena.

I have an AA flight out of SFO via LAX to Narita that'll cost me 50,000 air miles, plus $42 cash.

U2 GA tickets cost about $87 face, hopefully we can score some before we leave. Please contact me directly, if you get the chance, perhaps we can work together on this and get everything squared away before we take off:

U2kidz@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:
U2shanghai said:

By the way, I forgot to tell you that for the Yokohama show they had split the ground in areas (close to stage + A, B, C, D, E and F if my memory is correct). You do not choose where you are, and there is nothing you can do about it.
6 of us were going to the Yokohama show and to make sure we would get all 6 tickets, we bought them by pair, without knowing the above "problem". And each couple of tickets turned out to be in a different section... In your case it's fine as long as one person purchases the 2 tickets, don't purchase them individually.
If the deal is as per the April show, one person is allowed to purchase up to 4 tickets but I would not take any chance and try to get 4

Hope this could help

Yes, but it was a larger venue, and it was split because of security - I don't think it will be split now that the GA section is so much smaller. If it will, I don't think it'll be 7 parts, like the Yokohama show. But we'll see.

Link is working now:

http://www.pia.co.jp/u2-es/

It looks as though the August 5th-31st application period is simply the first step in getting Saitama tickets... September 5th looks like the on-sale date for those with a special access code, emailed to them after their application is accepted.

Anyone know when tickets for those without Yokohama tickets go on sale?

Last edited:
Thanks All!

I just emailed PIA to see if and when the public on-sale will be. My impression from the site is that the new dates are only for those holding Yokohama tickets so I hope I just misunderstood that. I'll let you all know if and when I get a response.

4U2Play - Just emailed you!

The Saitama Arena can be a indoor Stadium or an Arena depending stage/seating configuration.

I have yet to read any official source saying whether u2 will be playing with the Arena(2005 US shows w/ light curtains) or the Stadium(2005 European w/Vertigo Screen) stage.

It's an educated guess that it's the "Arena" stage playing to about 20,000 per night.

u2fp

I emailed PIA and asked when tickets for those not holding Yokohama tickets will go on sale. Here is their reply:

"Dear Nicholas,
Thank you for your email.
Public on-sale date has not been set yet.
Please email us again after the Public on-sale date has been determined.
Thank you for your patience to this matter.
Best Regards"

So, I will email them again after the Public on-sale date has been determined, and will post their response here.

U2FanPeter said:
It's an educated guess that it's the "Arena" stage playing to about 20,000 per night.

If they use the Arena stage, there will be about 30,000 fans with Yokohama tickets who won't get in, so one might presume they will use the Stadium configuration in order to accommodate everyone with tickets already.

One might also presume that not everyone with Yokohama tickets will make it to any of the Saitama shows, which means Saitama tickets for those of us without Yokohama tickets will be available at some point down the road, hopefully soon after the September 5th on-sale.

4U2Play said:

If they use the Arena stage, there will be about 30,000 fans with Yokohama tickets who won't get in, so one might presume they will use the Stadium configuration in order to accommodate everyone with tickets already.

One might also presume that not everyone with Yokohama tickets will make it to any of the Saitama shows, which means Saitama tickets for those of us without Yokohama tickets will be available at some point down the road, hopefully soon after the September 5th on-sale.

3 small Saitama shows = 1 Yokahama Stadium show with some tix left over.

U2 still have their US Arena stage, since it was all custom. All the lights can be ordered. I'm not sure if u2 still own the light curtains. Keep in mind that this group still has their '87 arena stage in storage along with the giant Lemon and some of the 92/93 Trabants(R&RHOF in cleveland?)

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
3 small Saitama shows = 1 Yokohama Stadium show with some tix left over.

Yes, Peter, you're right, of course, I should have said 3000 extras, not 30,000.

Saitama Super Arena holds 16,000 for Arena concerts in the end-stage configuration, but that's with seats on the field instead of GA. That's about the same size as the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, which had probably the smallest GA area of the entire Vertigo Tour, holding maybe 1,500 standing fans... see my photos here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/500059813cbQhfl/5

I emailed PIA and asked them which configuration the Super Arena will use, and how many tickets they estimate will be sold for each show, will post their reply here.

Last edited:
The good news is that PIA appears to be a very well-run organization. They responded to my emailed question within the hour, stating the following:

"Dear Nick,
Thank you for your email.
We will ask the venue regarding your question.
We are told that the capacity for the shows are 23000.
Best Regards,"

23,000 sounds like they'll be using the Stadium configuration, unless U2 decides to do the show 'in the round' (that'd be nice):

http://www.saitama-arena.co.jp/e/facility.html

So 69,000 tickets total. Anyone know how many tickets were sold for the Yokohama show?

If they email again with more info from the venue, I will post it here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom