How to get Tokyo tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maycocksean said:
Cancel the alert. I got an e-mail from Chris Brubaker. I'll pick up my ticket in Japan! Sanjaysakhrani I'll see you there. I'll be the skinny black guy with the black hat and the dreads. I'm pretty sure I'll stand out. I'm supposed be getting some sort of wristband that will get me in front of the barricade. . .I'm not sure what that means in relationship to where you will be. But keep an eye out for me.

Alright will do... safe flight etc...and hey, get a few more of those wristbands ok??

Guys,

I just checked the Tokyo weather forecast for the upcoming days. I know it's only a forecast, but it's not going to be very hot outside in the waiting lines...

I am a week away from the show, I just can't wait.
The best news of these past days for me is that BAD is back in the setlist, though not at all the Aus-NZ shows.
I was lucky enough to see the band perform it many times on stage and it has always be the very best of each of the shows I have been to, I am bringing 2 friends who have never been to any show with me and for them I really hope they are going to play it. To end the show with nthis song would be the very must.

As I am making my wishes, why not ask for the impossible, PLEASE, to start the encore...

I will be reaching the arena at noon, even though the will-call window opens at 3pm only. I love those moments outside the hall, when you always meet people from everywhere

Might see some of you then

Hi maycocksean!

Sorry I did not answer before, Im now in Tokyo and waiting for THE moment. The hostel is not very close to the Arena, in fact its about one hour and fifteen minutes more or less, no curfew, the prices are really cheap, the place is very nice but 4u2plays place is the best option near the arena. So, if you decide to stay at Khaosan meet me here. Ill be going to 29th show (and to the other 2 also), and by the way, I have an extra ticket for 30th show, if anybody knows about someone needing a ticket please let me know.

According to pias email, we only need passport and credit card to pick up tickets, am I right?

Hey, 4u2play, are u in tokyo already? Please post your phone number.

Ps. Tokyo is beautiful, this is the real city of blinding lights

maycocksean said:

Fer Castillo, how close is this hostel to the arena? And do they have a curfew?

I'm tempted by 4u2play's deal because of it's proximity to the venue and the lack of curfew, but I'm really tempted by the prices at your recommendation. It'd be nice to save a few bucks!

So is anybody going to the Nov. 29 show?

Fer Castillo said:

According to pias email, we only need passport and credit card to pick up tickets, am I right?

You have to make sure it is the SAME credit card you ordered the tickets with. So those of you that have a few, please check your statements before leaving for Japan for the correct one, especially if you are planning not to take all the contents of your wallet.

I am getting really psyched up now. We leave 9am tomorrow morning from Hong Kong and arrive at 2pm at Narita. Planning to be in the queue on the 29th by about 4pm. We are something like no. 1040 or so in the GA line (Blk A) so hope to see some of you. If not, have a great show!!!

Hi Fer, Sanjay,

No, I'm still here in rainy San Francisco, getting ready to fly out tomorrow morning. I'm totally stoked, man, I can't wait.

I'll arrive Tuesday evening with a laptop and cell phone in tow, so we'll get in touch one way or another.

I'll be in the Will Call line by 1pm on Wednesday anyway, so see you all there. I'll be the white guy with the video camera bothering everyone with silly questions, like:

"What is your favorite U2 song? Could you please sing it for us?"

GET READY!!!!!

Whoo-hoo.

11 and a half hours to go until I fly out. I'll arrive at Narita Tuesday afternoon, and I'm thinking I'll take the train into Tokyo, hang out in Shibuya for awhile before heading up to Saitama.

Fer, I might yet end up at your place. Sanjay's place hasn't sent me anything via e-mail and I'm kinda worried they may be booked already due to it's proximity to the show. I'm going to e-mail them asking for a late check in and we'll see what comes of it.

I'll look for you guys on Weds!

Sean

Cool!

Thanks for the info sanjaysakhrani, I do have the same credit card here with me, so I expect everything goes well

4U2Play, I will be looking for the camera guy! Ill be the white guy with the green MEXICO tshirt.

Sean, it will be really nice if I see you here at the hostel, please let me know if you need further information, and if you decide to come here please look for me. How long are u planning to stay in Tokyo?

By the way, I just went to a CD Store and found U218, it is really funny to see all those strange symbols on the package , I mean, Im not used to that in my country :huh:

Guys, have a safe trip to Tokyo, hope to see you soon!!

Which Khaosan are you staying at Fer? There are three locations listed on the website. I'll be in Tokyo until the evening of the 30th, though if I could somehow score a ticket to the second show I just might stick around a little longer.

My flight leaves in an hour. I'm already checked in but since I live close to the airport I came back home to check my e-mail one more time and what not.

I'll find an internet cafe when I get to Japan and log on later today to see how everyone is doing.

See you guys soon.

Its Tues night here in Japan and I made it safe and sound. I:m staying at the Marroad Inn and have found an internet cafe nearby.

anyone looking for me can ask for Sean Maycock.

See you guys tomorrow. big day!!!!!!!!

Hi Fragrant - Will you be at all three shows? Hope to meet you at the 12/4 show. Getting very excited over here, it's hard to focus on work!!!

Bratty cat!!! Hello, hello!

I'll be at the 12/4 show only. Leaving this Friday and head back home on Tuesday. Truly a rock n roll weekend.

Look for the woman with peace cranes and Zootopians United Against Poverty banner. :D I hope to be able to find you.

New info - no reference #'s?

Important stuff for the guys getting ready for the show tonight.

I had contacted the tour promotion's office to ask for info about stadium procedures and lining up since we did not get anything from Ticket Pia.

I received the following:

This show and the entry is being dealt with exactly the same as it has been dealt with for the last 141 performances.

I'm assuming this means no reference numbers?

I hope everyone gets the spot they work for out there!

Enjoy!

Only 15 hours til Vertigo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fragrant said:
New info - no reference #'s?

Important stuff for the guys getting ready for the show tonight.

I had contacted the tour promotion's office to ask for info about stadium procedures and lining up since we did not get anything from Ticket Pia.

I received the following:

This show and the entry is being dealt with exactly the same as it has been dealt with for the last 141 performances.

I'm assuming this means no reference numbers?

I hope everyone gets the spot they work for out there!

Enjoy!

Only 15 hours til Vertigo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aouch! Then I guess I will have to go there earlier then planned. We are in 3 pax, who knows, 2 of us might be allowed to queue up in the waiting line while the 3rd one will wait at the will call window and then join them.

Hopefully some of you who will attend tonight and tomorrow shows (aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) will enlight us on this.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Well Shanghai, here's another piece of information from a Japanese fan in response to the info I received.

Just want to share to keep you informed.

I'm sure it'll be great!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the info.
Mmmm, it's quite strange. It is officially announced that
refenrece numbers are used and it is clearly mentioned
clearly on face of tickets. And Pia also made FAQ page
that says the same thing.
http://reco.jfn.co.jp/u2/faq.html
In the first section, it says entries are dealt with
reference numbers and thus it is OK to come to the venue
by 6 p.m. when the entry begins.
In my opinion, they have announced publicly that entry is
going to be dealt with reference number, so they will use
reference number. If not, people will get mad.
Anyway, we'll see tonight. Thank you for the info.

Only 9 hours!!!!

fragrant said:
Bratty cat!!! Hello, hello!

I'll be at the 12/4 show only. Leaving this Friday and head back home on Tuesday. Truly a rock n roll weekend.

Look for the woman with peace cranes and Zootopians United Against Poverty banner. :D I hope to be able to find you.

Gotta love the rock n roll weekend!

I leave Friday as well (San Francisco-Tokyo on United Flight leaving about 11:30am, or so), return Wednesday as this is my first time to Tokyo and wanted a little bit of time to explore (and shop).

I'll be on the look out for you...between the Peace cranes and the banner, I don't think you should be that hard to find!

fragrant said:
Well Shanghai, here's another piece of information from a Japanese fan in response to the info I received.

Just want to share to keep you informed.

I'm sure it'll be great!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the info.
Mmmm, it's quite strange. It is officially announced that
refenrece numbers are used and it is clearly mentioned
clearly on face of tickets. And Pia also made FAQ page
that says the same thing.
http://reco.jfn.co.jp/u2/faq.html
In the first section, it says entries are dealt with
reference numbers and thus it is OK to come to the venue
by 6 p.m. when the entry begins.
In my opinion, they have announced publicly that entry is
going to be dealt with reference number, so they will use
reference number. If not, people will get mad.
Anyway, we'll see tonight. Thank you for the info.

Only 9 hours!!!!

Thanks for sharing. Still, I'll be there at noon. Just because I have always liked the ambiance of the pre-show, and never did any in Japan.
Another info I am willing to get: how tough is the check at the entrance? I.e. is it risky to bring in digital cameras and cam-recorders?
Thanks in advance!
I will now book my mobile phone, thanks 4U2Play for the link!
And yes, I have the feeling our boys will be staying at the Park Hyatt, I don't know why. I'll be drinking both my Saturday and Sunday nights away up there :)

Its a beautiful day here in Tokyo. Im at an internet cafe in Saitama, listening to The Joshua Tree on my ipod. Im going to see what sites there are to see around Saitama and try get over to the will call window by about 3:30 or 4. Ill check the line for you guys.

Im supposed to go to some VIP party at 5:30 at the stadium that ends right before show starts at 7:30. If I find any of you guys--sanjay, 4u2, or Fer and you are interested in going and if they:ll let me bring anyone else in, I will see if I can get you in.

8 hours ア

maycocksean said:
Its a beautiful day here in Tokyo. Im at an internet cafe in Saitama, listening to The Joshua Tree on my ipod. Im going to see what sites there are to see around Saitama and try get over to the will call window by about 3:30 or 4. Ill check the line for you guys.

Im supposed to go to some VIP party at 5:30 at the stadium that ends right before show starts at 7:30. If I find any of you guys--sanjay, 4u2, or Fer and you are interested in going and if they:ll let me bring anyone else in, I will see if I can get you in.

8 hours ア

I am in the Apple Shop in Ginza right now - yes a beautiful day here. Planning to come to the stadium at around 430pm now, after reading the above message. So need a bit of time to get the tickets at Will Call etc. See you guys later

3 hours to go!!!

Wish I knew what was happening out there!!!

Have a great time Sean, Jay, 4U2, Fer Castillo, and Shanghai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bratty_Cat, what time do you arrive at Narita?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was it you guys?

Amazing opening setlist for Japan!!!!!

WITS premiere!!!!

One Tree Hill stays in the setlist too!

4U2Play, thank you for getting the setlist out to us. :D You were on Adam's b-stage side, front rail too, right?

Sean, were things amazing beyond the barricade?

Fer, Shanghai, Jay san?

Can't wait to hear about everything!!!!

Whoo hoooo! What a show! We:re talkin snippets of Forty and In a Little While. World frickin live premiere of `windows in the sky.` gorgeous song. they played `bad` too. and 4u2, Fer, and friends and me were all right in front, right at the barricade just a few feet from bono and the boys.

I had the vip thing but they were supposed to be back in B block and yet somehow they got right into the ellipse in the first group. so regardless of your seat assignment there is definitely hope. they can probably give more insight into how they did it for those of you going to tomorrows show or dec. 4. Thing is the Japanese are anything but sedate that close to the front. It:s crazy up there a lot of pushing and shoving and feeling like you:re about to get crushed.

It was really fun. You guys will have a blast!

sanjay what happened to you? You:re the only one of the Interference folks we never found.

fragrant said:
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean, were things amazing beyond the barricade?

well there was no beyond the barricade for me but I couldn:t have been any closer unless I was standing next to the security guys and no one was THAT close. Well except for some of the fans that got a little too smushed up and had to be pulled out of the crowd and taken away.

Bono came right down to our barricade during Bad, close enough to touch, close enough to talk to. so what did I say? `thanks for coming`

Great Sean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're still riding high!!!!!!

Wow, you mean ALL of you guys were front rail/front stage, or were you on one of the B-stages?

A couple of my friends also had BR block tonight but they were right there at the rail Adam's b-stage.

I believe in miracles!!! Hoping that things won't get too tight during the next two shows. I'm in the early 1000's on Monday.

Wow Sean!!!! So, you have the same set up for yourself the next two nights?

maycocksean said:

well there was no beyond the barricade for me but I couldn:t have been any closer unless I was standing next to the security guys and no one was THAT close. Well except for some of the fans that got a little too smushed up and had to be pulled out of the crowd and taken away.

Bono came right down to our barricade during Bad, close enough to touch, close enough to talk to. so what did I say? `thanks for coming`

I'm really glad everything worked out. I have to assume you got your ETS ticket with no problem?

Honestly, I had no ETS problems in Auckland and was hoping you'd have the same experience with your Tokyo.

U2shanghai said:

Thanks for sharing. Still, I'll be there at noon. Just because I have always liked the ambiance of the pre-show, and never did any in Japan.
Another info I am willing to get: how tough is the check at the entrance? I.e. is it risky to bring in digital cameras and cam-recorders?
Thanks in advance!
I will now book my mobile phone, thanks 4U2Play for the link!
And yes, I have the feeling our boys will be staying at the Park Hyatt, I don't know why. I'll be drinking both my Saturday and Sunday nights away up there :)

Park Hyatt in Shinjuku??? R U sure???? I'll go check it.. hehehe

Caty_ni said:

Park Hyatt in Shinjuku??? R U sure???? I'll go check it.. hehehe

I am not sure at all! But they were staying at the Hyatt in Auckland and nothing beats the Park Hyatt in Tokyo. I know this means almost nothing but who knows, a dream might come true (and it will cost me a lot of money due to the price of drinks up there) but hopefully it will make sense at some point of the night!

Glad to read all those positive comments!
If anybody can enlight us on the waiting line, will-call window line and the security check (for cameras), I'd appreciate very much.
I'll be attending the Dec. 4th show, leaving Shanghai on Saturday morning, youhouuuuuu!
I told my wife being in GA in Japan should not be hectic, cos I know she hates being pushed, aouch!... The quality of the performance will overcome this bad surprise, I hope.

I'd cry if they do not play "bad" during the 3rd show, what a setlist last night! All it missed was "Two hearts as beat as one" and "Please"... Well...

I'll be there tomorrow night.... and there will be a U2 tribute in Shibuya on Sunday... I think I'll go there too... here's the link in English: u2japan.com/japan/u2tributefes_jpn_english dot html
and then go to Park Hyatt, who knows maybe they are actually staying there and I got lucky...
We got the more expensive tickets for the seatings and I lost the chance to exchange the old ones because Pia's info was very confusing...
Anyway, I'll post about how tight the security is, hope we can take the camera inside!!! Wish me luck!!!

Caty_ni said:
I'll be there tomorrow night.... and there will be a U2 tribute in Shibuya on Sunday... I think I'll go there too... here's the link in English: u2japan.com/japan/u2tributefes_jpn_english dot html
and then go to Park Hyatt, who knows maybe they are actually staying there and I got lucky...
We got the more expensive tickets for the seatings and I lost the chance to exchange the old ones because Pia's info was very confusing...
Anyway, I'll post about how tight the security is, hope we can take the camera inside!!! Wish me luck!!!

Thanks for the tribute info, will definitely be a good warm-up for the Dec. 4th show
I have checked for people's techniques to bring cameras in, and well, I am impressed with the ingenuity of some of them...
I will bring mine whatever the rules are anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom