How to get Tokyo tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2shanghai said:

Me tooooooooooo, 30 minutes ago, seems they have read this thread :happy:
Block A for me as well, 12/4 show, and it's like we have seat numbers :) 1030-31-32 - If this means we are within the 1032 closest to the stage well, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Woooah... my ref is 1042 or something, but for 29/11! Again... good enough for me. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U2shanghai said:
Just found this arena map on an ebay auction for tix.
I do not know how to insert it in my message, you'll find it there:

I tend to believe (I want to believe) this is the one.

Youhouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yes, that's it. In fact if you look at the earlier pages of this thread, the map is there as well.

sanjaysakhrani said:

Yes, that's it. In fact if you look at the earlier pages of this thread, the map is there as well.

Absolutely right, I was just on another planet after getting the PIA email.
I hope all of you guys will receive this info today, might be the day they have chosen to take care of us.

Good luck to all

Shanghai and Jaysan, great news!!!!

Congratulations!!!

You guys even got your reference numbers so that's cool from Pia's end of things.

Japan friends who applied in the first presale did get that A-block, but their reference number is in the high 2000's shanghai while yours in the 1000's. How the heck do you figure that?

I still do not know my reference number...I'm in Block-A limbo. LOL.

fragrant said:
Shanghai and Jaysan, great news!!!!

Congratulations!!!

You guys even got your reference numbers so that's cool from Pia's end of things.

Japan friends who applied in the first presale did get that A-block, but their reference number is in the high 2000's shanghai while yours in the 1000's. How the heck do you figure that?

I still do not know my reference number...I'm in Block-A limbo. LOL.

Even if i got the last 4 tix in Block A, I would take them without hesitation.... so we've all done pretty good at the end of the day. Main thing was getting this Block. Phew!

Congratulations all!

Looks like those of us who purchased through the general sale are still waiting.

Guess it's time to email PIA again! Hopefully now that they've taken care of the Yokohama trades, they can move on to the general sale folks. Fingers crossed for us all!

Hi Bratty_Cat...so you're still waiting. Hanging in there for you.

I thought that Jaysan and shanghai were also general sales. Were you guys the Pia member presale applications or the 8/5-8/31 presale? Sorry, I guess I lost track.

...jaysan applied during 8/5-8/31...

Are any of you guys also U2.com members who had a presale code the first time around?

Last edited:
bratty_cat said:
Hi Fragrant :wave:

Yep, still waiting but I just emailed PIA (again).

Hope they don't get sick of me and revoke my tickets! :wink:

Any update on the general sale applicants on which Block they got for GA tiX?

fragrant said:
Hi Bratty_Cat...so you're still waiting. Hanging in there for you.

I thought that Jaysan and shanghai were also general sales. Were you guys the Pia member presale applications or the 8/5-8/31 presale? Sorry, I guess I lost track.

...jaysan applied during 8/5-8/31...

Are any of you guys also U2.com members who had a presale code the first time around?

Hi Fragrant, sorry for late reply.
I had purchased tix for the Yokohama show and therefore was entitled to apply during the August pre-sale.
Good luck to you!

U2shanghai said:

Hi Fragrant, sorry for late reply.
I had purchased tix for the Yokohama show and therefore was entitled to apply during the August pre-sale.
Good luck to you!

ditto for me

Thanks guys. :)

Pia finally let me know my reference numbers after I had my husband call and talk to them in Japanese. Interesting that they couldn't tell him right away as they had to go through the promotions office in Japan first then get back to me.

I'm in Block A, 1052-1055.

It looks as if they've clumped the out of Japan buyers in the early 1000's. We'll all be lining up together then with up to 1000 people ahead of us.

There just might still be a chance to get "close" to one of the b stages...

Bratty cat, anything?

Hi Fragrant!

Nothing yet but I've sent two emails to PIA so far. I'll send another early next week.

Does anyone know if any GA purchasers in Japan received BR or BL block tix?

Last edited:
bratty_cat said:

Does anyone know if any GA purchasers in Japan received BR or BL block tix?

Yeah, there was a message earlier on this thread about one guy who put his tickets up for sale on ebay and those were for BR section, I believe. But he purchased it locally in Japan as he had the tickets printed and in hand (which none of us I believe have).

...it all depends when they applied for that GA.

I know someone who applied 8/5 from within Japan and has 2 A Block ref #'s in the 500's. Lucky eh?

Any word yet Bratty_Cat?

fragrant said:
Thanks guys. :)

It looks as if they've clumped the out of Japan buyers in the early 1000's. We'll all be lining up together then with up to 1000 people ahead of us.

There just might still be a chance to get "close" to one of the b stages...

It's going to be very interesting to see how they are going to organise people going in according to their reference nos. So people are just going to cut in line and the others are going to stand for it? It is going to be chaotic, I have a feeling. So I am getting there early. Not that early since I have Blk A tix (which I hope actually means something on the day), but early enough to suss out the situation.

Is it possible to doctor the tokyo tickets to have a lower number?

Sorta like all the scams used by hardcore fans(including myself) used to get inside the heart/ellipse?

Publicly discussing how to "doctor" tickets on a U2 fan site is probably not a good idea.

I don't think it will be too hard to trade Block BR or BL tickets plus cash for Block A tickets. There might more than a few fans who don't want to be so close to the stage.

For those of you attending only the second or third show, we should have everything figured out after the first show already, so just be sure to hook up with us at some point to get the intel you need.

sanjaysakhrani said:

It's going to be very interesting to see how they are going to organise people going in according to their reference nos. So people are just going to cut in line and the others are going to stand for it? It is going to be chaotic, I have a feeling. So I am getting there early. Not that early since I have Blk A tix (which I hope actually means something on the day), but early enough to suss out the situation.

I had shared this a while back, and this is still that we all know just based on experience. No more details from Pia yet.

A friend in Japan let me know how these things work in general. Group A is 1-100, Group B is 101-200, and so on. If you are ref #220, you are directed to Grp B by a staff member. Within this line it is first come, first serve, so you could be waiting ahead of #200. Once the doors open, the lines enter in order
of the 100's, 200's, etc. This is how it is organized within each of the blocks.

Taken this is based on his experience, so things could be different for the U2 shows.

So, even though I'm 1052, I could be the first person in line for the 1000-1100 group. Assuming that the ref numbers begin at number 1, I could have up to 1000 people going into the A block ahead of me.

Freezing rain and snow could chase people away....LOL. Hoping for good weather though so we don't have 2000 soggy ONE peace cranes in hand. Yikes!

As for cutting, doctoring, etc. I really don't think that's the Japanese way of doing things. They are very accustomed to the organization and structure of GA lines, and respect the staff assigned to manage the lines. I'm sure that there are a few that find their way around things, but I know I'm not interested in breaking the rules.

fragrant said:

I had shared this a while back, and this is still that we all know just based on experience. No more details from Pia yet.

A friend in Japan let me know how these things work in general. Group A is 1-100, Group B is 101-200, and so on. If you are ref #220, you are directed to Grp B by a staff member. Within this line it is first come, first serve, so you could be waiting ahead of #200. Once the doors open, the lines enter in order
of the 100's, 200's, etc. This is how it is organized within each of the blocks.

Taken this is based on his experience, so things could be different for the U2 shows.

So, even though I'm 1052, I could be the first person in line for the 1000-1100 group. Assuming that the ref numbers begin at number 1, I could have up to 1000 people going into the A block ahead of me.

As for cutting, doctoring, etc. I really don't think that's the Japanese way of doing things. They are very accustomed to the organization and structure of GA lines, and respect the staff assigned to manage the lines. I'm sure that there are a few that find their way around things, but I know I'm not interested in breaking the rules.

Thanks. That's very useful info. Although having umpteen lines (Line A for 1-100, Line B for 101-200 etc - when there are clearly over 2-3000 in Block A GA to begin with, meaning up to Line U or V just for the Block A GA?) might be quite confusing. Is this the same for BR and BL? As I said, it is likely to be chaotic.

Next question, do we know what time the doors open? Anyway, I should be there by 430-5pm so should be ok. I hope.

4U2Play said:
Doors open at 6pm, so getting there by 5pm should be all right.

Do you have any idea when the concert will finish?
Hotels tend to have a curfew eg at 10pm and I'm wondering if it's too early for the concert. Going out of the arena will probably take some time, and catching a metro too.
I considered booking a hotel close to the stadium for first 2 shows, but then I'd like to visit the city before the 3rd show and I'm looking for a downtown hotel with late enough curfew.
Also wondering if the queue system will make it worth to wait at the stadium for hours. I have BR 2410 (bought by my friend who was in Tokyo at that time) so if they do follow the number I should as well sleep or wander.

PS: 4U2Play I would like to contact you but I don't find how to send private messages... please send me an email to nsdfphsxm(at)yahoo(dot)fr
Those who want to discuss concert in Tokyo are welcome to send email too :)

Bonjour Anchoup!

Check your email...

The concert should finish at 9:30pm, assuming it starts on time at 7:30pm and no opening act is suddenly booked between now and then. It's going to be very weird walking out of there at such an early hour.

I don't remember there being any hotel curfews in Tokyo, maybe that's a new thing. We used to take the train up to Tokyo on the weekends and go clubbing all night, arriving back to our hotel in the wee hours of the morning, never a problem. I guess it's best to simply ask the hotels what their policies are regarding curfews

By the way, check out the PIA ticket order webpage now:

http://www.pia.co.jp/U2-2e/

The Nov 29 and Dec 4 concerts are completely sold out, and only GAs and Lower Level seats remain for Nov 30. This might only reflect the ticket allotment for foreigners through the PIA website, though, rather than the actual number of tickets still available.

I'm just curious, what does a hotel curfew actually mean.

The hotels close their doors at a certain time and you can't get back in?

ramblin rose said:
I'm just curious, what does a hotel curfew actually mean.

The hotels close their doors at a certain time and you can't get back in?

yes.
I read that in lonely planet. The hostels and ryokan often have a curfew at 10 or 11pm so they close the door and there is nobody to open for you if you arrive too late.
I'm not sure if curfew is the right word, but it was the possible word I found.
I tried to book in a business hotel which is open 24h but they never confirmed my reservation so...

ruffian said:
:wave: Hi Anchoup! I'll be seeing you in New Zealand, I hope?

yes I hope so :)
I don't have any ticket yet so I can't tell exactly where I will be; but I'll be there :)
just drop me an email if we want to be sure to meet.

Anyone got any info as to HOW to pick up tickets on the day? PIA said they would email us... not received mine yet.:(

ruffian said:
:wave: Hi Anchoup! I'll be seeing you in New Zealand, I hope?

Ruffian, weren't you in New Orleans?

Anchoup, I hope your Japan planning is working out. You'll be seeing them soon!!!

Jay san, no info from Pia yet. I emailed them to ask if the info has been made public and am waiting for their reply. They love keeping us in suspense.
:huh:

Back
Top Bottom