How to get Tokyo tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2shanghai said:

Yes I did trade indeed.
By access number I mean the number you will be given in an email and that you'll need to give together with your passport at the will-call window to get your actual tickets on the day of the show.
At least this is the way it worked for Yokohama, I guess it will be more or less the same.

I had found out about my section only after having asked by email. I am trying to do so again but response is much slower than back in March

Ah, got it. So it seems that anyone outside of Japan will need an access code in order to claim tickets at will call.

Curious to hear if you got GA tickets and, if so, which block they placed you in (and what the queue number is, if you know that as well and you don't mind sharing). It sounds like very few people were lucky enough to score A Block tix.

I definitely will!
For the Yokohama show they'd sent an access code only. I had to email them to find out in which section I would be, and here again I guess we'll have to email to find out.
I anticipated begging for an A block opportunity but reply will probably be "tickets are assigned by ballots, hope you'll be lucky"...
I'll update as soon as I hear from the guys.

68 days to go!

I just received this email from PIA:

"Dear Customer,

Your purchase of ticket(s) to the U2 concert has been confirmed.

We will be e-mailing you shortly on details of when and how to pick up your tickets.

Best regards"

I actually ordered 4 GAs for each of the three shows, so I don't know whether this email confirmation refers to just one order, or all three.

I checked my Visa account, but no charges have been made to it, yet.

I love how they make this ticket buying experience so suspenseful.

Which is more exciting: Hitchcock or PIA?

Me too!!!!!

I only requested for 12/4 so I guess they were holding back GA's for that show!

I could do with a little less suspense -- tell me where my tickets are, dammit!

I got the email too!! I requested 1 GA for each show. And I think Hitchcock could learn a couple things about suspense from PIA, hahaha :)
(And no charges to my account yet)

From what I understand, there are no GA 'sections' for the Saitama shows, so free for all.

One thing I read somewhere - the 29/11 show is going to be at Saitama Super Arena (20 000), and the other two 30/11 and 4/12 are in the stadium (70 000 capacity). Can anyone confirm this?

sanjaysakhrani said:
From what I understand, there are no GA 'sections' for the Saitama shows, so free for all.

One thing I read somewhere - the 29/11 show is going to be at Saitama Super Arena (20 000), and the other two 30/11 and 4/12 are in the stadium (70 000 capacity). Can anyone confirm this?

According to previous posts here, some fans have already received tickets that clearly state GA Block BR, BL or A.

Here is an eBay ad with a photo that shows Block BR tickets for the Nov. 29th show:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tickets-U2-SA...ryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All three shows will be at the Saitama Super Arena:

http://www.pia.co.jp/U2-2e/

The English-language website there shows that only upper level seats are sold out for all three shows, but the Japanese-language PIA site shows the first and third shows completely sold out, with only the 15000 Yen tickets available for the second show:

http://ap0.pia.co.jp/pia/et/onsale/...0061129&ONS_COL_SHEET_NO=155486&P_CODE=240424

Maybe they're holding back some tickets for foreigners (good for the local hotel/restaurant biz), which they'll release later if they don't sell them all.

sanjaysakhrani, you may be right about those stories, though.

I don't see why they would use those three different GA blocks in such a small venue, despite the restrictive fire codes. If they indeed use the 23,000-person arena setup, that means they'll be using blocks on a GA floor space similar in size to the Oakland and San Jose Arenas here in the US, which would be rather absurd, I would think, especially if they build the two B-stages used on the outdoor shows rather than the Ellipse.

Regarding the larger stadium rumor, considering the Saitama Super Arena's flexibility to stage large or small concerts, it's quite possible that U2 planned initially to hold their concerts in the 23,000-person arena setup, but now changed the last two shows, or even all three, to a larger configuration, with space for up to 37,000 fans, due to the high demand for tickets, though this would screw up the seating arrangement for those who initially thought they were buying seated tickets close to the stage (like what is happening now to some Aloha Stadium ticket-holders).

I don't see how they would do that between shows, though, considering they would have to rearrange the entire stage to fit the larger setup for the second show, which they won't have time to do, I don't suppose.

However, since Clapton is playing there on December 2nd, in between U2's second and third shows, U2's crew will have to set up their stage from scratch anyway (unless Clapton uses it) for Dec. 4th, so maybe they'll hold that concert in the larger configuration.

--- By the way, the weird thing about Clapton's Japan tour is that he's playing 8 shows at Budokan, then squeezing in his one gig at the Super Arena in between the U2 shows:

http://www.whereseric.com/tour/eric-clapton-tour-calendar-2006-2007.html

What are the chances the two entities will meet at some high-class Tokyo nightclub after one their concerts?

Last edited:
4U2Play said:

However, since Clapton is playing there on December 2nd, in between U2's second and third shows, U2's crew will have to set up their stage from scratch anyway (unless Clapton uses it) for Dec. 4th, so maybe they'll hold that concert in the larger configuration.

--- By the way, the weird thing about Clapton's Japan tour is that he's playing 8 shows at Budokan, then squeezing in his one gig at the Super Arena in between the U2 shows:

http://www.whereseric.com/tour/eric-clapton-tour-calendar-2006-2007.html

What are the chances the two entities will meet at some high-class Tokyo nightclub after one their concerts?

And just got an email notice that Foo Fighters are playing the Budokan on 12/4 (and Osaka 12/5)! Lot's of big acts in town that week!

I reckon they are playing arena shows in Japan - makes much more sense esp if Clapton is also playing an arena show. But makes more sense when there are 2 different stage set ups for stadium and arena shows - they are most likely going to fly their arena equipment from New Zealand to Tokyo and enjoy the stadium set up for the Australian gigs then ship that to Hawaii. They probably have to think of things like this in planning their dates and venues.

4U2Play said:

Maybe they're holding back some tickets for foreigners (good for the local hotel/restaurant biz), which they'll release later if they don't sell them all.

It would make sense... or maybe they hold tickets because they received many emails in english asking for directions.
I guess that japanese audience travelling from other places in Japan fills the hotels anyway.
BTW so far, no luck on finding a hotel. And I don't even know if it's worth to get a hotel close to the arena. If they call people by number when they open the door, being in the queue for hours would be pointless.

Last edited:
Hi there Anchoup. I think that you're in our U2Japan yahoo group. :)

Check out http://www.japan-zone.com/ for more info about Japanese travel, hotels, and everything Japan. It's a cool place to learn more before you'll be heading out for your trek.

So it looks like you guys got your ticket confirmations?

I know that I'm in the A-block on 12/4 but Pia has not shared my reference number yet. I assumed they were keeping that secret until the day of the show, but one of my Aussie friends was able to find out.

There's a possibility they may not be lining up by reference number according to Pia. An email about ticket pick-up is supposed to be coming to us....one of these days.

fragrant said:

I know that I'm in the A-block on 12/4 but Pia has not shared my reference number yet. I assumed they were keeping that secret until the day of the show, but one of my Aussie friends was able to find out.

It's wicked that you got A block tickets! Did you apply for the original pre-sale in August? I don't know what tix I got, but I applied for the 29/11 GA during the same pre-sale. Are the chances different if we got tickets earlier? Does anyone know this?

fragrant said:
Hi there Anchoup. I think that you're in our U2Japan yahoo group. :)

Check out http://www.japan-zone.com/ for more info about Japanese travel, hotels, and everything Japan. It's a cool place to learn more before you'll be heading out for your trek.

So it looks like you guys got your ticket confirmations?

There's a possibility they may not be lining up by reference number according to Pia. An email about ticket pick-up is supposed to be coming to us....one of these days.

Congrats on the A-Block tix for 12/4 (holding my breath until I hear from PIA). Also saw your story re: the U2/Green Day appearance at the SuperDome, so awesome! Hope to meet you in Tokyo!

sanjaysakhrani said:

It's wicked that you got A block tickets! Did you apply for the original pre-sale in August? I don't know what tix I got, but I applied for the 29/11 GA during the same pre-sale. Are the chances different if we got tickets earlier? Does anyone know this?

I'm outside of Japan and applied during the original 8/5-8/31 presale. Did you receive your confirmation? If you didn't hear anything from them I really, really suggest that you contact them. *TICKET PIA, u2-e@pia.co.jp, Tel:0332651011

There were three different application periods. 8/5-8/31 for Yokohama ticket holders who refunded and submitted their stubs, another in September for Pia members, and then the one right now for the general public. I do believe that if you were in the first presale application period you were given first priority on the GA blocks and seats.

bratty_cat said:

Congrats on the A-Block tix for 12/4 (holding my breath until I hear from PIA). Also saw your story re: the U2/Green Day appearance at the SuperDome, so awesome! Hope to meet you in Tokyo!

I've held my breath many times for Pia...I'm right there with you Bratty Cat. When did you apply? Good luck!

Thanks for reading about the Saints experience too. :)

fragrant said:

I'm outside of Japan and applied during the original 8/5-8/31 presale. Did you receive your confirmation? If you didn't hear anything from them I really, really suggest that you contact them. *TICKET PIA, u2-e@pia.co.jp, Tel:0332651011

There were three different application periods. 8/5-8/31 for Yokohama ticket holders who refunded and submitted their stubs, another in September for Pia members, and then the one right now for the general public. I do believe that if you were in the first presale application period you were given first priority on the GA blocks and seats.

Thanks! I just wrote to them now. I am also overseas and applied during the 8/5 - 8/31 period since I had tix for the Yokohama show, and got my ticket confirmation on 9/5. Fingers crossed!!

sanjaysakhrani said:

Thanks! I just wrote to them now. I am also overseas and applied during the 8/5 - 8/31 period since I had tix for the Yokohama show, and got my ticket confirmation on 9/5. Fingers crossed!!

Ah, so you did get confirmation...did you in fact get your GA? It's taken a lot of waiting and multiple contacts to learn that I was in the A-block. I hope that you'll hear from them too.

Sanjaysakhrani, can we call you jaysan for short?

fragrant said:

Ah, so you did get confirmation...did you in fact get your GA? It's taken a lot of waiting and multiple contacts to learn that I was in the A-block. I hope that you'll hear from them too.

Yeah I got my GA 4 tix confirmation at the same time as the 9/5 email. I am going to wait until Monday - if I get no reply, will try again ... and again...

fragrant said:

I've held my breath many times for Pia...I'm right there with you Bratty Cat. When did you apply? Good luck!

Thanks for reading about the Saints experience too. :)

I applied the first night the of the general sale (when english-language webpage went up), think that was morning of 9/25 in Japan. I received an email confirming my purchase of two GA tix a few days later but nothing yet re: how to pick up or location of tix. I emailed PIA last week but haven't heard anything back.

My Visa credit card account is now showing three separate charges from PIA on Sept. 28th for US$341.60, which is the cost of 4 GA's for each show.

So, I got all of my orders filled, but now have to find out which Block the tickets are in. Time to start bombarding PIA with inquiries. I don't mean to bug them...

I also got three separate charges on my account from PIA (Sep 28th), but no email from them on how to pick up tickets (guess it's the usual procedure but I'm just a bit desperate to know something from their own words). By the way, has anyone considered to stay in a hostel?

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

Got the email from PIA confirming that my 29/11 GA tix are all in BLOCK A!!! Yeah baby...!!!!!!!!:lol:

sanjaysakhrani said:
Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

Got the email from PIA confirming that my 29/11 GA tix are all in BLOCK A!!! Yeah baby...!!!!!!!!:lol:

Me tooooooooooo, 30 minutes ago, seems they have read this thread :happy:
Block A for me as well, 12/4 show, and it's like we have seat numbers :) 1030-31-32 - If this means we are within the 1032 closest to the stage well, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom