How to get Tokyo tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bratty_cat said:
I guess no updates re: an english language link for the public onsale this weekend? I know a bunch of us have emailed PIA but has anyone gotten an actual response?

I emailed a while back, but no response. I guess if they intended to sell to outside Japan, they would make notice of that fact.

Try this Pia phone number.

Tel:0332651011

You don't need that 0 in the front once you have the country code.

They might still be there now. Only 4:30 PM their time.

Good luck.

I encourage you to kindly email and call them for their next two business days before the sales.

It really isn't fair that you won't be able to try for tickets.

I hope that it will work out for you.

Thank you Fragrant, calling them sounds like a good idea.

Too late today as I'm already at work but will give it a try late tonite.

Hi,

I just found out that I have a friend who will be in Tokyo this week-end. She's OK to buy me a ticket (or at least, to try), but we have no idea of where to find a PIA tcket office. Any tip?
I searched on their website, and clicked randomly (can't read japanese characters), but I didn't find any map or whatsoever.
If anyone has an address for where to buy ticket in Tokyo, I would be really grateful.

cheers,
Anchoup

I thought I saw somewhere that 7-11 stores in Japan have PIA kiosks.

Not sure if anyone can confirm that?

If your friend can pick up a couple of extra GA's, let me know! :wink:

I'm definitely interested in a pair of reserved tickets for Wednesday night's show, provided they are in a decent location, i.e. not back third of arena. Would be more than willing to send cash via PayPal.

Based on what I can figure out from this PIA ticket ordering webpage, the December 4th show is already sold out:

http://ap0.pia.co.jp/pia/et/onsale/...0061129&ONS_COL_SHEET_NO=155486&P_CODE=240424

The big, black X's next to the prices indicate sold out.

The first 10000 price is for GA, the 15000 price is for lower level seats, the last 10000 price is for upper level seats.

GA tickets and lower level tickets for the first two shows are still available 60 minutes after the public on-sale started in Tokyo.

Here is a handy translator:

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?9T

Copy and paste Japanese text in the box and press "Begin Translation"

Last edited:
No, I tried, but it wouldn't allow me to sign up.

From what I gather, only those who live in Japan can order these tickets, either online or over the phone.

I tried signing up with PIA's Yahoo Japan Ticket service so I can order via the net, but the signup form requires a domestic address and domestic credit card only.

So, unless you know someone living in Japan who can order the tickets for you, you will not be able to order Tokyo U2 tickets, at least for the moment.

Check eBay, sign up with OTX's waiting list,

http://www.otx.ca/events/concerts/u2/index.html

or, just wait until you get there to buy your ticket.

I don't think doing the latter will be a problem.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't know anyone there, I guess I'll have to follow your suggestions and try ebay, wait for an answer from OTX (I already signed up waiting list) or but my tickets until I get there. Thanks for the information. And if anyone knows a 'trustable' page to buy tickets it would be nice to have it posted here.

Buena suerte, Fer!

Hey, if non-Spanish speaking me could figure out how to use Ticketmaster Mexico and actually buy GAs for all three Mexico shows last February, do you think this ridiculous PIA company is going to stop us from seeing U2 Tokyo from the front of the floor????

Fuck no.

Yeah! I agree 4U2Play!! I wish you luck too (and all of us looking for tickets), and for sure that we'll keep in touch. I just knew about interference forums, but if I had known them before I would have been glad to help all of those who needed tickets for Mexico shows. Fortunately I can see you didn't need any help! :)

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tickets-U2-SA...ryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"YOU CANNOT BUY THESE TICKETS DIRECTLY FROM JAPAN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A JAPANESE HOME ADDRESS!!

THIS COULD BE A GREAT CHANCE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GO TO SEE HER IN JAPAN AND ARE STRUGGLING TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET THE TICKETS!"

Yeah yeah, we know, asshole.

And thanks for including the worst seating charts ever drawn.

How to get Tokyo tickets

I bought 4 GA tickets in the presale (I am a Pia member living in Japan). My friend also has tickets so we have 2 extra ones for sale. Nov. 30th. They are up on ebay now (search U2 Tokyo ebay ID ajinhokkaido). 1 bid already so take a look if you are interested. I will send by registered post anywhere in the world.

4U2Play, you rock!
thank you for your help and good spirit :)
thank you for the translator too, although I didn't yet understand a full sentence, I'm getting closer.
My friend who was in Tokyo could buy me one ticket for the first two shows, but she didn't understand the location of my seat. It was quite difficult for her, just to get 2 tickets. I'm so happy I won't go all the way to Japan for nothing. Dunno how to get one for the last show now. I wonder if scalping works in Japan, and if it would be easy to find a ticket in front of the stadium, on last minute.

4U2Play said:
Buena suerte, Fer!

Hey, if non-Spanish speaking me could figure out how to use Ticketmaster Mexico and actually buy GAs for all three Mexico shows last February, do you think this ridiculous PIA company is going to stop us from seeing U2 Tokyo from the front of the floor????

Fuck no.

Anchoup said:
Dunno how to get one for the last show now. I wonder if scalping works in Japan, and if it would be easy to find a ticket in front of the stadium, on last minute.

Merci beaucoup, Christine!

We'll both be there for all three shows, so by the time December 4th rolls around, we should have a pretty good idea of how to get tickets for Tokyo 3, one way or another.

I'm not too concerned about it, actually. The Japanese fans are not as rabid as fans elsewhere, so I don't expect tickets to be in huge demand. Even if they are, I still don't see any problems in buying tickets there, even if it's on the day of the show.

I've had the great fortune to have seen hundreds of concerts all over the world, and I've always managed to get tickets, usually good ones, for either face price or maybe just a bit more to every show I've wanted to see. That includes so-called "impossible" tickets like ZooTV Munich, Joshua Tree Edinburgh, Vertigo Monterrey, Vertigo Portland, etc. So, please don't panic and waste your money buying overpriced tickets like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tickets-U2-SA...ryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT: A few moments after I posted this message, the eBay seller above, kazuki1980, dropped his Buy It Now price from $960 to $820.... he must be here monitoring us.

Still too high for us, kazuki, keep going lower, bro.

Can I tell you a story about buying concert tickets in Japan?

I lived in Osaka in 1988-89, teaching English for Sony. Prince came to town, playing at the local arena, so a bunch of us decided to go. All the tickets were seated, no GA, so I worried about securing decent seats. However, others in our group told me not to fret, we'll just get our tickets from the Yakuza (Japanese mafia) on the day of the show. "What the fuck? OK. What a weird country this is."

Sure enough, we showed up about one hour before the lights went down, found a bunch of burly, tatooed dudes with stacks of tickets in their hands selling them openly in front of the arena, went to each of them to find the best location and price, and finally bought five awesome tickets on the floor, Row 12 in the middle, all in a row, for only about $10 over face.

Now, this doesn't mean things haven't changed in the meantime. I have no idea whether the Yakuza still runs the scalping scene there, or whether their prices have gone up a lot since 1989. We'll see. But, again, I wouldn't think too much about getting something for Dec 4. At least you have tickets for the first two shows already, and I think we'll be able to snag a couple more for the last show, too.

I think we should all meet up somewhere in Saitama before the shows and plan our attack together. If we all help each other out with this, I think we can get pretty far.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the information and for encouraging us 4U2Play! :) That's quite an interesting story and I agree with you, it would be easier for all of us to meet up in Saitama before the shows (although I still have no tickets for any of the shows... :sad: ) If any of you guys get to know about some extra-GA for any of the three shows, please let me know (of course, be as nice as possible with the $, I'm not as rich as I wish, :wink: )

My friends, I have very good news!! PIA has just released tickets for sale outside Japan!!. You can apply for any of the three shows at the following link: (mmm, moderators wouldn't allow me to post links as I have not posted more than 15 messages, but let me try to make it understandable):
(www)dot(pia)dot(co)dot(jp)(slash)U2-2e
They are supposed to response back on 7 days after you apply to confirm the purchase. Good luck to all of us!! :) :) :)

Right on!

Fer beat me to it, but here is the email PIA just sent:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

Please apply for tickets at the following website:

http://www.pia.co.jp/U2-2e/

Best regards"

Click the APPLY button at the bottom of the page.

Good luck everyone!!!!!! :dancing:

We're gonna see U2 in JAPAN!!

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone here applied for tickets and NOT gotten a confirmation email?

I received an email confirming receipt of my order (not tix) almost immediately after I applied but a friend applied late last night and has not yet received the same confirmation email.

Wondering if anyone here is experiencing the same thing?

Thanks!!!

Hi bratty_cat, I applied for tickets and also received an email almost immediately, just as you did. Perhaps your friend's inbox was full at the time of the transaction. Maybe sending PIA an email asking for the status of his transaction would be a good idea.

Hi,

I did not yet apply as I might have a ticket through a friend. I heard about a lotery on this pia webpage... did your confirmation email speak about a lotery? it looks so weird!

Fer Castillo said:
Hi bratty_cat, I applied for tickets and also received an email almost immediately, just as you did.

No lottery mention as far as I noticed.

This is what the confirmation email read (english-language homepage mentions that it can take up to 7 days to confirm the purchase):

"We have accepted your order.

Show information : [U2 Japan Tour]

Date/Venue: Mon,  4 December / Saitama Super Arena
Seat/Price: 10,000 JPY - General Admission Standing on the floor  (tax included)
Number of tickets: 2

*Processing fee: 600 JPY (tax included) per order

*This is not a purchase confirmation. This order will be cancelled if we can not
obtain authorization from your credit card company.
*Tickets purchased through this site will be held at Will-Call on the day of the
concert.Details for pickup will be notified by email.
*Tickets will not be mailed to any address.
*Seat locations will not be notified in advance
*We will send out a purchase confirmation as soon as we obtain authorization
from your credit card company
*Refunds will not be accepted for any reason

U2 Japan Tour Ticket Office"

bratty_cat said:
No lottery mention as far as I noticed.

This is what the confirmation email read (english-language homepage mentions that it can take up to 7 days to confirm the purchase):

"We have accepted your order.

Show information : [U2 Japan Tour]

Date/Venue: Mon,  4 December / Saitama Super Arena
Seat/Price: 10,000 JPY - General Admission Standing on the floor  (tax included)
Number of tickets: 2

*Processing fee: 600 JPY (tax included) per order

*This is not a purchase confirmation. This order will be cancelled if we can not
obtain authorization from your credit card company.
*Tickets purchased through this site will be held at Will-Call on the day of the
concert.Details for pickup will be notified by email.
*Tickets will not be mailed to any address.
*Seat locations will not be notified in advance
*We will send out a purchase confirmation as soon as we obtain authorization
from your credit card company
*Refunds will not be accepted for any reason

U2 Japan Tour Ticket Office"

Hi bratty_cat,

I had to insist before I got the below:

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: U2 Japan Tour Pre-order Application

> Dear Olivier,
> Thank you for your email.
> Your ticket purchase has been confirmed for December 4th.
> We apologize for the delay.
> Best Regards

I have now emailed them to get my access code, but none received so far. For the Yokohama show I had received it 3 days after the pre-sales were closed, in this case it will soon be a month...
The lads are cool but I guess only a couple of them are working on the outside-Japan sales, which definitely creates delays.
I'll ask again today, will update when I receive another email from them

U2Shanghai - I think you traded tix from the Yokohama show for Saitama, right? Your experience might be a bit different because of that. Unfortunately, it seems that the delayed response is the common thread. I emailed PIA multiple times prior to the english-language link posting Sunday. If I don't hear from them by next Monday, I'll start emailing again! I'm also checking activity on my credit card to see when the transaction goes through.

By access code do you mean the "queue number" or the GA Block (eg A, BR or BL)?

bratty_cat said:
U2Shanghai - I think you traded tix from the Yokohama show for Saitama, right? Your experience might be a bit different because of that. Unfortunately, it seems that the delayed response is the common thread. I emailed PIA multiple times prior to the english-language link posting Sunday. If I don't hear from them by next Monday, I'll start emailing again! I'm also checking activity on my credit card to see when the transaction goes through.

By access code do you mean the "queue number" or the GA Block (eg A, BR or BL)?

Yes I did trade indeed.
By access number I mean the number you will be given in an email and that you'll need to give together with your passport at the will-call window to get your actual tickets on the day of the show.
At least this is the way it worked for Yokohama, I guess it will be more or less the same.

I had found out about my section only after having asked by email. I am trying to do so again but response is much slower than back in March

Back
Top Bottom