How to get Tokyo tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is actually my journal entry from today but I thought you guys would appreicate it. Thanks so much, Sanjay for helping me out with the download:

Ah the modern-day miracle that is the bootleg.

I never thought it would be possible that I could have that one magical night, my first U2 concert, to keep forever in anything beyond my memory, my fuzzy photos, and my one video clip. But there's this website called U2start which a fellow Interferencer clued me into, and the entire concert is there. Some precious soul surreptiously recorded the whole thing. . .and now it's downloaded and burned to a CD (eventually to my ipod as well), I'm listening to it. . .it's like being back there again. Sometimes I even swear I can hear myself cheering in the background. The quality of this particular bootleg is really, really good too.

Anyway, it's really amazing. . .it's actually kind of emotional for me in a way. To be there again. The whole concert, the whole long process of getting there felt like a gift from God. And now to be there again. . .

I was in such a daze the night of the show. . .and now to be there again, it's actually much more of a goose bump experience as each familiar moment cues up. Right now it's the debut of "Windows in the Sky". . .

I'm deeply, truly grateful.

sanjaysakhrani said:
I can't stop listening to the 29/11 show. I dowloaded it from U2start. It is great quality - probably the best quality available.

You're not kidding. Fantastic sound quality. So many memorable moments that bring the whole night right back.

U2FanPeter said:
were there any visible empty seats at Saitama ll?

It was hard for most of us here on this thread to notice, since we were all crushed against the front rail, holding on for dear life!

I do have a couple of videoclips that pan back towards the B-stages, however. One sees nothing but the entire arena filled with enthusiastic Japanese U2 fans jumping up and down and singing, no empty seats anywhere.

I know that the first and third Tokyo shows were definitely sold out, don't know about the second show, though.

Here's more of the magic for you guys. You know, we hold onto the gifts of these shows, and it's so unique for each of us. We are fortunate indeed.

My niece Yumi got some great images B-stage on 12/4. Check them out here http://entertainment.webshots.com/a...nt/music/&track_action=/ViewActions/FullAlbum
Arigato Yumi-san!

Couldn't wait for you to see the maiko.
maiko.jpg

Check out Bono early in the show.
bonointro.jpg

Thanks Fragrant.

Yumi took some great shots. It looks like she was a couple of folks to the right of us on Adam's bstage. Turned out to be a great spot for pix!

Hi guys!!

I've been so busy catching up with my work, but wanted to say hello and wish u all a merry Christmas and happy new year, I will be posting my reviews soon but couldn't wait to say hi again especially to those of you that I met in Tokyo (Nick, Sean, Fragrant, IT WAS REALLY NICE TO MEET YOU AND SHARE SUCH A SPECIAL SHOWS WITH YOU!!) Talk to u soon!!

:wink:

Hola Fer Castillo! Happy holidays to you too. Looking forward to your reviews....would love to find out where you ended up for the 12/4 show. That was cool bumping into you again in that GA crush and surviving. ;)

Fer Castillo said:
Hi guys!!

I've been so busy catching up with my work, but wanted to say hello and wish u all a merry Christmas and happy new year, I will be posting my reviews soon but couldn't wait to say hi again especially to those of you that I met in Tokyo (Nick, Sean, Fragrant, IT WAS REALLY NICE TO MEET YOU AND SHARE SUCH A SPECIAL SHOWS WITH YOU!!) Talk to u soon!!

:wink:

Hey, I was wondering what happened to you!

Can't wait to hear about the other shows.

Did you hear they played "Wild Horses" in Hawaii? As soon as I heard that I thought of you. . .

Happy New Year!

Hi my friends!
And finally, I'm posting my reviews, hoping that this 2007 comes full of blessings for all of you!:
29-NOV-2007
At last the time had come and there I was, outside Saitama super Arena, 11:00 am, ready for the GA line. I was surprised that just a few fans were out there, no lines yet and it didn't seem to change after a couple hours. In the meantime I had the chance to
visit the John Lennon Museum, which is by the way really nice. After that, I went to the Will Call window to pick up my tickets and met Nick aka '4U2Play' (G-R-E-A-T guy!!) and his friend. It
was a nice moment to finally meet him, as we'd been in touch through this forum. I was a bit dissapointed to see that my tickets were all 'B Block', but if I got to Tokyo from Mexico, that wouldn't stop me from seeing the band as close as possible! Then, I went to the souvenirs line where I could meet Sean aka 'maycocksean'(another G-R-E-A-T guy!!), which was another nice moment (he was looking for me on the line as I had posted that I would be wearing a green Mexico T-shirt). Right before people were allowed into the arena I suggested some of the friends I had just met to try to get into the A Block Gate and in case it didn't work the worst thing that could happen is that they would send us back to our B Block line. So, we tried, and it worked!! We made it into the A Block where I met Sean and Nick again along with some other nice people (like Georgina from London and Tommy from Argentina). Besides the country, it was a very peculiar venue as the stage was different from all the other shows I had the chance to attend; some of the speakers were missing, the catwalk was shorter and the stage was not as high as in the usual Stadium stage setup. It is good to mention that I was expecting a quiet and relaxed audience, however, as
soon as the show started people went crazy! they were jumping and moving from left to right and viceversa which made it difficult for me not to fall down, so, I started in second row, then moved to third, fourth, and then back to third, and then to fifth, and so on during all the show, hahaha. I had never lived such a thing in any of the Vertigo Tour shows I was. (not even in Latinamerica, that is known by its passionate people) Before going to Tokyo I was hoping to hear my two favorite u2 songs at this moment: Walk on and Who's gonna ride your wild horses, which I had never heard live (I even carried a sign which said: "PLAY WILD HORSES"). Then the show started and we went through the usual setlist until the first surprise of the night came: A song
that had never been played in this planet, in this universe, something special for Tokyo: Window in the skies. I had never heard that song, and I mean it, I hadn't even listened to
it from the U218 album or Internet! I was shocked when I heard it. And if it was not good enough, the next song was Walk on!! I felt like I was on a dream, just couldn't believe it. Then, in the middle of the show one of the biggest live songs: Bad. And during the encore three songs I had never heard before: The Saints are coming, Angel of Harlem and the song that surprised me the most:
One tree hill!!! What a huge gift!! It was a beautiful way to finish the show, I really loved the way they played it and I know we were very lucky to be there.

30-NOV-2007
I was lucky enough to meet Larry and Edge behind the Arena right before the show, they came out and said hello to everyone waiting for them, and Larry even signed and attended every single request from us, that was really cool. By the way, I told Larry "Larry, please play Wild horses" and he said "ok" :). I also told Edge: "Edge, please play Wild horses" and he said "ok" too, which I knew that didn't mean they would play it but it was nice to get a response from them. That's were I saw Fragrant for the first time, I even got a crane from her. :) Well, once I got inside the Arena (using the same technique as the previous show ;) )
we had what I would call a "hits show" as many of the classic songs showed up like Until the end of the world, New year's day, Desire and All I want is you. I also had the chance to hear a Zooropa song for the first time in my life: The First Time. Plus, we had another beautiful rendition of One Tree Hill and Window in the Skies. During the show I had another u2 related - "third kind encounter". I could say hi to Paul Mcguiness (during With or Without you) and told him: "Paul, I came from Mexico just for the
shows" and he said : "Yes, I SAW your flag". Wow! That was amazing for me! I asked him for a setlist but he didn't have any, so he said "give me a second" and he went behind the stage and
once With or Without You finished he came back, looked for me and gave me one setlist!! What a nice detail from him! (He even signed it!) I also liked the way they finished the show, playing All I Want Is You "40-style", I mean, leaving the stage one at a time.

04-DEC-2007
Last Tokyo show, it was the time to say goodbye to this beautiful city. Before the show I went behind the Arena expecting to see Bono and getting an autograph from him (I saw him the previous show but he only said hi =( ). He arrived and stopped right before the gate, and signed a couple autographs. I was not in the front of the line as there were already many fans waiting there since early morning, so I only said "Bono, please, I came from Mexico just for your shows" and to my surprise, he looked at me, stretched his arm, reached my Tour Program and signed it!! I couldn't believe it, there were like 300 people waiting there and he only signed about 10 autographs! My legs were shaking and japanese fans were asking me for authorization to take a picture of my Tour Program!! I was just thinking : it was worth it to come this far. I tried to get into the Arena using the usual technique, but this time the strategy wouldn't work as security personnel were checking every single ticket at the A Block Gate. There I could meet this nice fan who told me that she was Fragrant!! (hi there!) After some minutes, I decided to enter through the B Block Gate, and see what I could do inside the arena. Once I got in there, I headed for the A Block entrance and tried to get inside without showing my ticket but they caught me and took me
out of the area. But it takes more than that to break me down ;) . So, after some minutes, I could see that the A Block Entrance was really crowded and decided to try again. This time I succeeded and could get until the front of the rail, outside the catwalk, Adam side. I couldn't ask for anything more, I got much more than I expected and I was sure that it would be a great show. And it was. That night, and after sightseeing Tokyo for a week, "City of blinding lights" really made sense to me. And after that there was a great rock show: Vertigo, Elevation, Out of Control!, The Fly, The Saints are Coming, Bono singing Suspicious Minds at the end
of Angel of Harlem, Bad/Ruby Tuesday and the awesome end of the show: Window in the skies and one of the most powerful renditions of Vertigo I have ever heard. I just can say "THANK YOU" Tokyo, this beautiful place that gave me the opportunity to live one of the best times of my life, and to know really valuable people (Nick, Sean, Fragrant and some other fans who do not post in this forum but that I keep in touch with them). ARIGATO TOKYO!!!

Wow, Fernando, that was awesome.

Your descriptions brought tears to my eyes, thinking about all the great times we had in Tokyo. I was wondering what happened to you at Tokyo 2 & 3, and now I know! Good job getting inside Block A, it wasn't that hard was it!

One of the best things about being a U2 fan is meeting other great U2 fans like yourself and Sean and Fragrant and Bratty Cat. We'll have to do this again in 2008-09!

Arigato for the great reviews Fernando! Didn't get to meet you at Tokyo 3 but glad you had a such great time at all the shows...and that you ended up getting your "Wild Horses" birthday wish in Honolulu!

Whoa Fernando! There was a halo of magic around you for your three shows!

A setlist from Paul McGuiness?!! How great is that? Go you! Happy Birthday too.

I can't stop smiling reading your reviews as they bring back so many special times. I'll be stuck in a moment" and replay 12/4 images and sounds often.

BTW, I wish we had met at 11/30 as well, but we just met at the 12/4 show, my only one. I didn't know that you were you when I handed you the crane, and then we figured that out while waiting for the GA crush to open up. It was a treat meeting you for sure, and thank you for accepting a crane.

I fully agree with Nick about meeting you guys, and I second his motion to do this all again in 2008-9. That's my husband's tenure year, but we'll see what time brings us.

Right now, we're gearing up for the
New Orleans Jazzfest. It's an amazing event for music fans and New Orleans, and it would be a blast having you guys here. Tempting?

Konichiwa Fellow Tokyo Tourists!

Hi Guys!
4U2Play convinced me to jump on board this forum to say hi to all my Tokyo Buddies. I am just trying to work my way around the threads so forgive me my ignorance about it all....

Hope you are all well. Great reviews Fernando... brings back awesome memories.

Take care and talk soon!
Carlyg xo

Carly! It's Matilde, so nice to see you here! Hope all is going well and you survived the holidays without issue! Suzanne's pix didn't turn out so well but I hope to weed through them all and post the better ones at some point. She's gotten amazing pix from the rail at past shows and it appears that being just a few feet away makes a huge difference (plus she had a major hand waver in front of her for the whole show -- in retrospect, I should have tried taking the pix since the girls in front of me were about 5 ft. tall and rather tame by comparison). Oh well, there's always next tour :wink:

Hi Matilde! Heh I am happy to send copies of my Tokyo photos to you if you would like so you have some record of the shows! I didn't take any at Tokyo 3 show though as it was too hard with all the pushing... Let me know if you would like some though and I can send you copies on CD.

Heh Irene I love your nieces photos that pic of Bono is so reminiscent of Elvis and the '68 come back special I reckon with the red background.....

Back
Top Bottom