How many MSG shows in november?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
How many shows do you think they will have? I feel they will add at least 2 more.

The Billboard article says Nov. 21-22 at MSG will be the band's "final 2 shows" in the venue for the tour, but are we certain? Maybe I'm being paranoid, but do we think another show could be added during next week's on-sale?

Anybody hearing anything about that?

Looking at the tour schedule, there really doesn't seem to be room -- the band is in Atlanta on Nov. 18th-19th, and in Ottawa/Monteal on the 25th and 26th. There are only two off days (the 23rd and 24th) in between MSG and Ottawa, meaning that the band would have to violate its "no three shows in a row" rule to add a third date at MSG.

That said, stranger things have happened. Does anyone think a show on the 23rd will be added? Or will this -- FINALLY -- be the end?

There won't be any shows on the 23rd or the 24th since the 24th is Thanksgiving and the 23rd is the biggest travel day of the year. So they'll probably just hang out in NYC for Thanksgiving, etc.

jon_lemire said:
The Billboard article says Nov. 21-22 at MSG will be the band's "final 2 shows" in the venue for the tour, but are we certain? Maybe I'm being paranoid, but do we think another show could be added during next week's on-sale?

Anybody hearing anything about that?

Looking at the tour schedule, there really doesn't seem to be room -- the band is in Atlanta on Nov. 18th-19th, and in Ottawa/Monteal on the 25th and 26th. There are only two off days (the 23rd and 24th) in between MSG and Ottawa, meaning that the band would have to violate its "no three shows in a row" rule to add a third date at MSG.

That said, stranger things have happened. Does anyone think a show on the 23rd will be added? Or will this -- FINALLY -- be the end?

They're in NYC on Thanksgiving? I'm not going anywhere on Thanksgiving this year (I see the family at Xmas) - they can come to my place for dinner! :wink:

Good point about Thanksgiving -- that makes it a lot less likely they'll add another show that week.

So, unless they come back to MSG a FOURTH time this tour (sometime in Dec, I guess?), these two November shows should be their final NYC shows this year.

Further proof that the 11/21 and 11/22 shows will be the band's final in MSG this year -- in the Arts section of today's NY Times, there's a full-page ad for tomorrow's on-sale and it says that the shows are "Final NY area appearances."

So, that makes it very unlikely that either a) the band will add another set of MSG dates or b) that they'll come back and play the Continental Airlines Arena this fall.

But, we'll find out tomorrow. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom