How long to queue to get to the ring/fenced area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

punkiku

Babyface
Could some of those who went to the shows in Brussels and Gelsenkirchen Germany give some hints on this:

How many hours in advance should one queue if one wanted to get to the ring? That is, not the ellipse/the area between the catwalks, but the ring around it, the area fenced off from the rest of the GA area?

I'm going to Twickenham second show with a few friends, and I dont think we have the energy to be there early enough to get to the ellipse. But would like to try for the ring.

Thanks

I can tell you how it was in Gelsenkirchen , I wasnt "on the floor" but got to see it all anyway.
They put up extra signs all around the arena so you wouldnt miss them ,directing all GA ticket holders to 1 gate and the que at this gate , by the time we got there went right round the whole arena.So get there early , get a place in the que, send your buddy or whoever your with on a scout mission round the whole place to make sure your in the right que and wait.
As far as I know they got given wristbands so they could wonder in and out

Cross post from GA discussions thread

I got in line at Gelsenkirchen at 8 in the morning, was very close to the stage. They opened the doors a little after 3. It seem from where I was in line that around 12 or so is when it seemed more and more people started to arrive.

They did give wristbands if you left the enclosed area.

I got in line at 11 for Twickenham 1 and 12:30 for Twickenham 2 and was at the rail both shows. They were still giving out bands at 3:00.

i got in line at 12:30 at Croker on Friday, no wristbands, but only about 1000 people before me, people arriving at 2pm still got into the bomb shelter area, then they closed the front gates and at 4pm opened the entrance gates, we all got nicely accommodated, was in front of right b-stage (edge's side).Nice.

I got in line at cardiff at 1pm, and easily got between the 2 mini-stages, I would take a guess that 2pm would have got me there also.

Bear in mind that generally speaking people have more time to spare on Sat/Sun, so queues may well start earlier at the weekends

Back
Top Bottom