How early should we get to ANZ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

14two10

Babyface
So Vertigo Brisbane is only 19 days away and I've already made sure I've got the day off work, so how early do you think we should get to the stadium? We've got GA's and after the long wait, I want to be at least within the first 15 metres of the stage.

Any suggestions as to how early we need to be lining up there?

I'm with quadcaster... 6am all the way. Don't know how I will actually sleep the night before though.

But as for how early, i would imagine sometime before midday would secure a pretty good spot... 3pm at the latest? I dunno, I'm just pulling out random numbers out of a hat.

I called QSAC last week and they told me that we cannot line up before 9am....

I'm probably not going to bother showing up until the early to mid afternoon. Hey, when I showed up at 5pm in the US, I got front row! :wink:

(Of course, that was with the lottery which we won't have, but nonetheless ...!)

Its Melbourne Cup Day! Im not wasting a perfectly good excuse to drink lots by lining up at 9am! Id say I will show up about 3 or 4. Queenslanders are lazy anyways...and most people will be working! I wanna hear soundcheck though so probably closer to 3.

Im busting!

miracledrug83 said:
I'm with quadcaster... 6am all the way. Don't know how I will actually sleep the night before though.

But as for how early, i would imagine sometime before midday would secure a pretty good spot... 3pm at the latest? I dunno, I'm just pulling out random numbers out of a hat.

wohoo!!!!!!!!! i have a line buddy :D

lining up for shows is so much fun because of all the characters/new friends that you meet, its going to be a hell of a lot of fun!

and even if we arent allowed to "line up" im going to loiter across the road.........

actually heres a good question.... where should we line up? outside the main gate to the car park???

where should we line up? outside the main gate to the car park???

For ZooTV, GA ticket holders were asked to pull up a bit of grass on the little hill outside the GA gate (6 i think). The area is about 50m from the gate. At about 4pm (earlier supports that tour) the barriers were moved and we all shuffled to the entry point.

I was in amonst it and maybe 200 or so people back in the 'herd' and still manged front row :wink:

hope this helps in some way. It was a long time ago and things change.

T

I have never had GA tickets to an event at ANZ before, so it will be interesting to see how it is organised. It should be a fun day of waiting as it is my first U2 concert! Is anyone planning to take a camera? QSAC say no cameras allowed....

nw said:
I have never had GA tickets to an event at ANZ before, so it will be interesting to see how it is organised. It should be a fun day of waiting as it is my first U2 concert! Is anyone planning to take a camera? QSAC say no cameras allowed....

It's my first too! :D I'm going to take a disposable camera if possible rather than my digital coz I dont want it getting lost/ruined. I'm aiming to be there by or at 9 am but my mum is coming later in the arvo to meet me because she has work etc.

Exactly 2 weeks left!! :crazy: :hyper: :crazy:

hay said:

It's my first too! :D I'm going to take a disposable camera if possible rather than my digital coz I dont want it getting lost/ruined. I'm aiming to be there by or at 9 am but my mum is coming later in the arvo to meet me because she has work etc.

Exactly 2 weeks left!! :crazy: :hyper: :crazy:

A disposable camera is a good idea - see you then!!

Back
Top Bottom