Hawaii Now on TM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

southpaw_gil

The Fly
Public Service Announcement

Ticketmaster now has the Hawaii show listed. No sale date yet and they have the wrong configuation for the concert. So it is still a work in progress. But this is good news!

Does anyone know if there will be a presale for U2.com members?

hrmm..so these are the received tickets going on sale right? I wonder If I should try and pick up a few extra for some needy U2 fans (like we all have been in the past)

Good luck all//

A preslae would seem a posibility given the fact that many people bought tix with a presale code and subsequently returned them. Having said that, I would think it doubtful because they could have just kept their tix

macfesto said:
hrmm..so these are the received tickets going on sale right? I wonder If I should try and pick up a few extra for some needy U2 fans (like we all have been in the past)

Good luck all//

Once they go back on sale the market will correct itself, since there will be tickets available. (Just like before the postponement)

The only 'x' factors are the december date (fans have more time to save a few bucks and go) and the addition of pearl jam. That could make it a harder ticket...BUT...there were still GAs available on TM weeks before the cancellation, in addition to all of the returned seats, so CE is quite likely right that the market will soon correct itself (in a big way, I believe), and anyone who needs tix will have no problem getting them for face or very close to it. On top of that, the football config will open up full sections next to the stage (previously only limited seats in L, M, LL, MM, N, NN, were available) and likely allow for more GAs (don't be surprised if there's 500-1000 dropped a day or two before the show once the fire marshall inspects the stage configuration--there have been pretty big GA drops before at the first show of a venue and this is usually the main reason).

One thing's for sure, if I didn't have tickets for the show yet, I wouldn't be buying them on Ebay or elsewhere right now.
At least, not if they weren't around face value.

I agree that the prices currently seen on Ebay won't last, if a lot of tickets become available on the 5th.

And seeing that there were still GA's available for Hawaii, before the postponement announcement came, I'm hopefull for those of you without tickets that it won't be too hard to get tickets.

Now, if the show sells out and no second show is added.
Prices will probably go up again, when we get closer to the show.

I can't help but wonder, how many tickets were still available for this show, how many can/have or will be added, because of the changed stadium configuration and how many people have returned their tickets to TM.

If I had seats all the way up and furthest away, I'd have no problem returning my tickets and trying to get better ones this time around.

But would you return your tickets to TM, if you saw they went for $400 a pair on Ebay?
Don't think so.

If you're short on cash (and even if you're not), it sure is tempting to sell your tickets on Ebay now (before the 5th).
And try to get others on the 5th.

Not that I'm doing that.
But can't help thinking:
I paid around $100 for a pair of GA's.
I can sell them for $400 on Ebay.
That's $300.
Which would be enough to cover the hotel bill.
And almost enough to pay for the flight.

Yep, :madwife: me for thinking that!

And I'm probably the only one stupid enough to admit it out loud.

:sad:
I know.
Just thinking though.
There's no way I could do it.
I'd not able to live with myself or look myself straight in the eye.

I've looked for tickets for sold out shows and seen these prices before. And I've cursed at those selling the tickets. Like how dare they ask a price like that. Are they CRAZY? But it's not really their fault, now is it? They're not to blame. as long as there's people out there stupid enough to pay those high prices. I would never pay $400 for a pair of GA tickets. But others aparently either have way too much money to spend or are too desperate to sit around and wait.

I think if it turns out I can't make it, I'd prefer giving away my tickets for free than to ask $400 dollars for the pair.

It's not a second show(yet) - the second listing still has the Dec 9th date on the right side. TM is still messing with it since the first listing says 'pointer'. It would be nice if it said otherwise though. Maybe if the rest of the tickets for Dec. 9 sell out quickly on next weekend....

weinerdog said:
It's not a second show(yet) - the second listing still has the Dec 9th date on the right side. TM is still messing with it since the first listing says 'pointer'. It would be nice if it said otherwise though. Maybe if the rest of the tickets for Dec. 9 sell out quickly on next weekend....

Actually, it now seems to be a second show:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/736365

However, the date is TBA. Still, it has an onsale date of Saturday 8 August.
:hmm:

Ah but will pearl jam be opening this one too :hmm: Franz ferdinand! Kaiser cheifs! Yes please! :hyper:

yeah I doubt the second show reality...considering what McGinnis said about the Hawaii Concert//

Well, it does have a different "event number" when you look at the link but the "Date TBA" link takes you to the Dec 9th show.

Miringeltje said:
:sad:
I know.
Just thinking though.
There's no way I could do it.
I'd not able to live with myself or look myself straight in the eye.

I've looked for tickets for sold out shows and seen these prices before. And I've cursed at those selling the tickets. Like how dare they ask a price like that. Are they CRAZY? But it's not really their fault, now is it? They're not to blame. as long as there's people out there stupid enough to pay those high prices. I would never pay $400 for a pair of GA tickets. But others aparently either have way too much money to spend or are too desperate to sit around and wait.

I think if it turns out I can't make it, I'd prefer giving away my tickets for free than to ask $400 dollars for the pair.

If people would pay it why would you feel bad?

I bought some off ebay (from an interference member) for way too much money but I really wanted to see the show and i didn't know that I was going until the last minute. I could have taken crap seats for cheaper but I wanted the GA's. Supply and demand. If it wasnt for someone selling them I wouldn't have got to see the show the way I wanted to. To me if people want to pay those crazy prices, sell them. I never have sold tickets but I have thought about it. I don't think the band will go broke because of it. The people that should feel bad are the people that were selling fakes. IMO.

Hey, I just got this e-mail from TM. I wonder if they'll push back the resale date because of the ridculous original ticket return date. (Not that I'm going to return my tickets...)

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. U2 scheduled at ALOHA STADIUM on SATURDAY APRIL 8, 2006, was postponed. The new date is SATURDAY DECEMBER 9, 2006, Original tickets will be honored for the new date, or you may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method.

For tickets purchased online or by phone through Ticketmaster, call 1-877-750-4400.

If your tickets were sent to you via ticketFast or were being held at the box office Will Call Window, you may request a refund by contacting Ticketmaster Customer Service no later than Thursday, August 10, 2006 by 5:00PM ES/DT @ http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

If your tickets were mailed via UPS or regular mail, you may mail your tickets to:

Ticketmaster
Attention Customer Service
U2 <FLO> Refund
1000 Corporate Landing
Charleston, WV 25311

Please make a copy of the tickets for your own records before returning the physical tickets in the mail. Include the name & address on the account, your Ticketmaster order number, and a daytime telephone number in case we need to reach you. Your tickets must be received in our office no later Thursday, August 10, 2006 by 5:00PM ES/DT. Ticketmaster is not responsible for tickets that are lost, stolen, or never received in our office. Please note, the $3.50 per order processing fee and any ticketFast or UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

If you have any questions, please contact us online at:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business!

Mark

kramwest1 said:
Hey, I just got this e-mail from TM. I wonder if they'll push back the resale date because of the ridculous original ticket return date. (Not that I'm going to return my tickets...)

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. U2 scheduled at ALOHA STADIUM on SATURDAY APRIL 8, 2006, was postponed. The new date is SATURDAY DECEMBER 9, 2006, Original tickets will be honored for the new date, or you may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method.

For tickets purchased online or by phone through Ticketmaster, call 1-877-750-4400.

If your tickets were sent to you via ticketFast or were being held at the box office Will Call Window, you may request a refund by contacting Ticketmaster Customer Service no later than Thursday, August 10, 2006 by 5:00PM ES/DT @ http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

If your tickets were mailed via UPS or regular mail, you may mail your tickets to:

Ticketmaster
Attention Customer Service
U2 <FLO> Refund
1000 Corporate Landing
Charleston, WV 25311

Please make a copy of the tickets for your own records before returning the physical tickets in the mail. Include the name & address on the account, your Ticketmaster order number, and a daytime telephone number in case we need to reach you. Your tickets must be received in our office no later Thursday, August 10, 2006 by 5:00PM ES/DT. Ticketmaster is not responsible for tickets that are lost, stolen, or never received in our office. Please note, the $3.50 per order processing fee and any ticketFast or UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

If you have any questions, please contact us online at:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business!

I should have highlighted the AUGUST 10 date. Shouldn't this throw the ticket sales off for a week?

Mark

If anyone is planning on trying for GA's please let me know. I sold mine for face back before they postponed. I can make the trip now but would like to get a ticket first. I guess right now I only need 1 ticket but would take two if I had too.

Thanks, Jim

Back
Top Bottom