Hawaii GA Line People..Question - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Tour Dates
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2006, 05:44 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 07:24 PM
Hawaii GA Line People..Question

okay so im one of those people who are planning to sleep outside dec 8th yeaa and i def. want a shower and to take back all my unwanted crap to my hotel if anyone else is in this same situation i wanna know what youre doing about it.

plusss GA party!?

rock on !

Old 11-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 12:24 PM
Rent a car.

Make friends with the fans around you and let them know that you'll be heading back to your hotel room for an hour to freshen up before the show.

Depending on how far back in line you are, you should have a GA line number written on your hand by then, so getting back in line after taking a shower and dumping your gear shouldn't be a problem.

Most U2 fans are cool in the GA line, as long as you let them know what your plans are and be nice about it. Some will be dickheads no matter what, so hopefully you won't standing next to those ones.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 12:24 PM
Boo to the GA dickheads!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:24 PM
^ I plan on doing the same Refugee, so as long as you do what Play said and have your rental car so you can put your junk away and roll to your hotel, get fresh for the show, you should be able to get back and have your spot saved by a hand full of cool U2 fans. Luckly I am going to camp out with a hand full of cool U2 fans so I already covered.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #5
Acrobat

I have GA as well but I'd rather spend early Saturday walking around Waikiki, but I want to be inside for Rocko and Pearl Jam. What time should we arrive at stadium, I'm thinking 4pm? Is this about right?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I understand how you feel tech. Standing in a line all day on a sunny Sat. noon is not my cup of tea either. However, I do not want to take that chance of not getting a rail spot!

I hear that some will not be there untill afternoon. They seem to be fine with that too. Keep in mind there is no GA lottery so you may not have the best spot if you arrive late in the day.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by techfire
I have GA as well but I'd rather spend early Saturday walking around Waikiki, but I want to be inside for Rocko and Pearl Jam. What time should we arrive at stadium, I'm thinking 4pm? Is this about right?
( isn't this meant to be sarcastic? if not sorry, I figured you know if you want to be somewhat close with GA you gotta be there in the morning otherwise you are relegated to the back section) although I don't think camping out is necessary either.

A friend of mine went to the first Sydney show and said there was an Italian guy in line at 3am in the morning. Apparently, he was by himself until 7am,

He arrived in line around 10am and still got rail on the right headphone ramp.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #8
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k

( isn't this meant to be sarcastic? if not sorry, I figured you know if you want to be somewhat close with GA you gotta be there in the morning otherwise you are relegated to the back section) although I don't think camping out is necessary either.

A friend of mine went to the first Sydney show and said there was an Italian guy in line at 3am in the morning. Apparently, he was by himself until 7am,

He arrived in line around 10am and still got rail on the right headphone ramp.
What's up Trev - Actually I'm being serious, just being inside is enough for me, I'll still be closer to stage than the average $165 seat. That being said, I don't want to miss Pearl Jam. Not sure how long a GA line at a stadium will take, do you have an idea?
FYI - saw your post regarding Karaoke in Waikiki, there's a place in the International Market Place (can't remember name), good selection of songs.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Oh, sorry!

Most people with GAs want to be as close as they can. But your thinking makes sense too, definitely better price. I have never been to a stadium show either so I am not sure how the line moves plus I wonder how Aloha Stadium handles it.

I would guess 4pm would be plenty of time. I can't see the line taking 2 plus hours to filter in, can it?

Thanks for the karaoke tip. I think the International Market Place has everything.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:06 PM   #10
Acrobat

Quote:
Oh, sorry!

Most people with GAs want to be as close as they can. But your thinking makes sense too, definitely better price. I have never been to a stadium show either so I am not sure how the line moves plus I wonder how Aloha Stadium handles it.

I would guess 4pm would be plenty of time. I can't see the line taking 2 plus hours to filter in, can it?

Thanks for the karaoke tip. I think the International Market Place has everything.
No problem. Believe me, I would love to get a good spot by arriving early, but I doubt my girlfriend would follow me.
3-4 pm should be good, a small tailgate before show should work.
Post the final details for karaoke night when you have it, that sounds like fun, I do a killer tiny bubbles.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:31 PM   #11
Refugee

Quote:
Oh, sorry!

It will be interesting to see how Aloha Stadium handles the line. My first Stadium experience was Monterrey and that involved days of camping out. Otherwise, if you arrived day of you would have probably have been 3000th in line. Kid you not!

Also in Monterrey we were assigned a gate on our ticket of where to enter......
Old 11-14-2006, 03:49 PM   #12
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by skjuls

It will be interesting to see how Aloha Stadium handles the line. My first Stadium experience was Monterrey and that involved days of camping out. Otherwise, if you arrived day of you would have probably have been 3000th in line. Kid you not!

Also in Monterrey we were assigned a gate on our ticket of where to enter......
If you're stuck towards the back of line, say 400 deep, how long would it take to enter GA gates? Say I arrive at 4pm, would I be inside in time for Rocko or Pearl Jam?
Old 11-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #13
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by techfire

If you're stuck towards the back of line, say 400 deep, how long would it take to enter GA gates? Say I arrive at 4pm, would I be inside in time for Rocko or Pearl Jam?
It would depend on security and how thorough they were as well as the ticket scanners, it could be 30 minutes to an hour.

I dont' really know I was in the near the front of my first stadium show so I couldn't really say.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #14
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by skjuls

It would depend on security and how thorough they were as well as the ticket scanners, it could be 30 minutes to an hour.

I dont' really know I was in the near the front of my first stadium show so I couldn't really say.
Cool. I really doubt it will take 2 hours to enter GA gates, but I'll probably arrive earlier and take a peek before standing in line. Only downside to Aloha Stadium, there isn't a thing to do within walking distance of stadium.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:14 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The x-factor regarding Aloha Stadium is that the whole complex is fenced in and gated. There are highway off ramps and streets in the immediate vicinity too.

At this point, we still don't know if they will open the gates early, the area around the stadium doesn't have the best reputation but we know there isn't a swap meet that day.

If the gates don't open until later in the day, it's going to be a mess. All the parking is behind the gates. Hopefully, they will be on the ball and realize that people will be showing up early in the day. I don't think people will be camping out for days for this show like Jules' Monterray experience. IF it does turn out that way, so be it, no band is worth that much of my time including U2.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #16
The Fly

yeah i might just take the bus no renting of a car
whats this about karaoke?!
I love karaoke
Old 11-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #17
Refugee

Quote:
The x-factor regarding Aloha Stadium is that the whole complex is fenced in and gated. There are highway off ramps and streets in the immediate vicinity too.

At this point, we still don't know if they will open the gates early, the area around the stadium doesn't have the best reputation but we know there isn't a swap meet that day.

If the gates don't open until later in the day, it's going to be a mess. All the parking is behind the gates. Hopefully, they will be on the ball and realize that people will be showing up early in the day. I don't think people will be camping out for days for this show like Jules' Monterray experience. IF it does turn out that way, so be it, no band is worth that much of my time including U2.
I have heard that some may try to scope out the place days in advance just in case..... I assure you that I am not one of those. One night is all I will do in Hawaii!!

No swap meet!!!? Damn!!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ok, I'm going back to the REAL Hawaii thread!!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:32 PM   #19
The Fly

damnnn this is going to be tougher than i thought
Old 11-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Refugee
yeah i might just take the bus no renting of a car
whats this about karaoke?!
I love karaoke
If you do not have a car, how will you get back to your hotel room to freshen up before the show?

Here is the thread where we are discussing karaoke

http://forum.interference.com/showth...70#post4087370