Hawaii December 9th, Aloha Stadium, Part XVII Cont'd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know why it is more expensive and more difficult to book travel with ADA needs? It's been a real eye opener and a learning experience.

Nonetheless I know the time spent research and booking this trip is so worth it. I do want to also say that the travel people here on the Mainland (esp AAA) were not nearly as helpful as those I spoke with in Hawaii! I just :heart: that ALOHA spirit!

AND.......we ended up at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Not too shabby but I was honest and my honesty cost us more money. They charge a horrendous amount more per person for more than 2 adults in one room. So I booked 2 rooms. Why am I not so good at withholding certain information and cramming people into hotel rooms? :madwife:

Maybe I still have time to learn :huh:

ONE HUNDRED THIRTY FOUR DAYS AND COUNTING.........

Second hawaii gig?! Ooh!
(134 days..oh hell ive counted wrong because im at 133 :huh: )

Carek1230 said:
I want to know why it is more expensive and more difficult to book travel with ADA needs? It's been a real eye opener and a learning experience.

Nonetheless I know the time spent research and booking this trip is so worth it. I do want to also say that the travel people here on the Mainland (esp AAA) were not nearly as helpful as those I spoke with in Hawaii! I just :heart: that ALOHA spirit!

AND.......we ended up at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Not too shabby but I was honest and my honesty cost us more money. They charge a horrendous amount more per person for more than 2 adults in one room. So I booked 2 rooms. Why am I not so good at withholding certain information and cramming people into hotel rooms? :madwife:

Maybe I still have time to learn :huh:

ONE HUNDRED THIRTY FOUR DAYS AND COUNTING.........

Because sometimes, it's just too hard to lie. My sister can't lie. She's too honest about things and I'm like damn it, just say this and that. And then she goes and tells the truth!!

Carek1230 said:
Thanks Jules, I don't think it's bad to be honest. But I am going to lean THIS TRIP that it's ok to mask the truth to save money!!!!

:ohmy:

Yeah, it's not bad to be honest.

It just sucks that when you're honest you lose hundreds of dollars cos you have to pay extra for a person to stay in a room and such.

I don't like lying too much but when it comes to hotels. I'm not paying for an extra person.

Here's the official stadium config from http://alohastadium.hawaii.gov/pdfs/u2map.pdf

aloha-U2.jpg

I remember they released some L and LL sections in the spring, did they release any M or MM at that time as well?

bfloxng said:

THEY have released, L, M, N, LL, MM, NN

I remember checking these out and there seemed to be plenty available in these sections before the concert was postponed. I seem to recall these were priced @ $99. Does that sound right?

Originally, the were behind the stage but with the new configuration they turned out to be excellent seats.

Probably not many, mainly any turned in from those who chose not to go in Dec. I'd imagine. It'll be interesting to see what is released come Aug 5th AND if a 2nd show appears.

I wonder if the show will be after, or before, the one already announced :hmm:

bfloxng said:

THEY have released, L, M, N, LL, MM, NN
Assuming they show up again on August 5, I wonder if the orange seats in the L and M sections will go up to $160, since they now appear to be great seats.

Is that just a new date for the sale, or are they really going to announce a second show??

as in the remaining tickets for the 12/9 show, those that were returned to TM for refund, and those that might still be available

Not sure if this was posted or not but I heard that yesterday afternoon, the DJ on the Honolulu Star101.9 radio station has made strong hints for a second show, and an anouncement coming very soon, perhaps Monday morning.

:hyper:
Anyone listening to that station this morning?

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
Not sure if this was posted or not but I heard that yesterday afternoon, the DJ on the Honolulu Star101.9 radio station has made strong hints for a second show, and an anouncement coming very soon, perhaps Monday morning.

:hyper:
Anyone listening to that station this morning?
Monday morning? That's right now!

But I have to wonder, would they really announce a second show before the first one is even sold out? Then again, maybe ticket returns for the first show were really low, and they know that they'll be able to sell through the few remaining Dec 9 tickets in just a few minutes on Saturday, so they might as well get an extra week's worth of hype in for the second show.

Carek1230 said:
Probably not many, mainly any turned in from those who chose not to go in Dec. I'd imagine. It'll be interesting to see what is released come Aug 5th AND if a 2nd show appears.

If I remember correctly, GA's were still available on TM going into the week of cancellation, there was an article in a Hawaiian newspaper of the ticket release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom