Hawaii December 9th, Aloha Stadium, Part XVII Cont'd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miringeltje said:

Forget about a second show...even if this one does sell out in a couple of weeks (I don't think it will but I do think it will sell out eventually), the chances of getting even close to selling out a second show is almost nil given the slowness of selling this one, and I don't think they want to end it with a stadium only 60% filled...

That's not what my :sigh: was about.
But that's OK.

Still the same old, same old situation here and I'm afraid it ain't gonna change any time soon either.

Probably best if I get Hawaii out of my mind (for a while).

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:
That's not what my :sigh: was about.
But that's OK.

Still the same old, same old situation here and I'm afraid it ain't gonna change any time soon either.

Probably best if I get Hawaii out of my mind (for a while).

sorry to hear that you might not be able to make it :(

I am sitting here thinking what we'll all be doing just four short months from right now! U2 will be taking the stage, 9pm.....balmy tropical night, swaying palms.......:hyper::happy: :combust:

Hi all you Bonolulu bound!! :wave:

I am soo excited! Hubby just agreed to go to Hawaii!! I can't believe I am going to go!!
(I bought tickets last weekend with the hopes that he would agree and it worked!! Well, it doesn't hurt that he has a few clients in Maui and Oahu, so he can turn it into a working trip but whatever! I don't care, I'm going to see the show!)

And this is from a man who up unitl he saw them in Anaheim this tour wasn't even really a fan of U2! But you know our boys, once he saw them, he was hooked.

So now I just have to decide whether to do GA or seats - I was able to score both. I would LOVE to do GA because I have never been able to before, but I'm not sure hubby will be up for it. Maybe that's what I have to work on next!!:laugh:

Hope I get to met some you great Interferencers (is that a word?) :lol: in Honolulu!!

^ Interferencers, Interlanders, whatever you like :D

Just wanted to say hi to the thread :wave: See everyone in December :hyper:

Saying hi to the thread as well! :wave: Congrats to all those who got tix.

Haven't posted in this one in a while. It's official - I'm not going to the concert. We'll still be going as a family, but we haven't decided on dates. We keep arguing about when to go, but the soonest possible for all of us would be the 13th.

I was a bit upset at first, but now I'm okay with it. I'm happy to go to Hawaii, even if I don't get to see the concert. :) It's pretty damn cool that I get to go there once a year. I'll just catch them on the next tour. :)

Is anyone else staying at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach? I haven't made my reservation yet but it looks like that's where my mom and I are going to end up. We'll be there from the 5th - 10th and would love to hang out with some of you guys.

I bought my plane tickets a couple days ago... I can't believe this is really going to happen! :hyper:

Still not sure if I'll be able to do GA, but either way, I'm excited.

Not positive where we are staying. I currently have reservations at Halekulani and Outrigger on the Beach. I will decide which to cancel later. We are probably going to splurg with housing seeing our flights are cashed in Frequent Flier miles. Will be in Honolulu from Dec 8-12.

First of all I would like to say sorry to Thora:( I really wanted to meet you. But good thing you still have a trip to look forward too.:hug:

kinsa, mads:wave:

Kinsa I would do GA but I am bias:wink: If it is just you and your hubby you may enjoy the seats more.
mads Outrigger Reef is a great hotel and it is in a good location according to Trev. He gave me a review a few pages back.

:drunk: Kaf

skjuls said:

Did you get your GA?
Not yet :grumpy: But I'm working on it :D

Thora - Sorry to hear that, hun :( Don't let it get you down though. There will be many more U2 shows to be had :)

Carmel - Hey roomie :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Thanks Carmel and Kaf! :hug: I was really looking forward to meeting you guys and the others as well. But that's totally okay. Next tour, baby! :D

I'll be starting the savings fund for that soon. I've got one going for the Olympics (being held in my back yard - literally). We'll see which one comes sooner - the tour or the 2010 Olympics. I'm hoping it will be another tour! :lol:

Carmelu2fan said:

kinsa, mads:wave:

Kinsa I would do GA but I am bias:wink: If it is just you and your hubby you may enjoy the seats more.
mads Outrigger Reef is a great hotel and it is in a good location according to Trev. He gave me a review a few pages back.

:drunk: Kaf

Hi back at ya!! :wave:

I am so excited!! I totally want to do GA, because I have never had a chance to, but the one thing that worries me is the bathroom situation - I have a small bladder (I know, TMI :lol:) and I am worried that I won't be able to use the bathroom when I need to (not like I have to go during U2's set, but definitely between the sets). Is it possible to go and get back to your space? If I get there early enough (like 5 a.m.?) I am thinking I could get into the fenced in part? I'm not sure. So many questions!

Trust me, if it was just me, or me and a U2 diehard friend, there would be NO question, I would be doing GA, camping out with the rest of you guys. But, add hubby to the mix and it becomes a toss up. Darn hubbys, ruining all the fun! :laugh:

mads said:
Is anyone else staying at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach? I haven't made my reservation yet but it looks like that's where my mom and I are going to end up. We'll be there from the 5th - 10th and would love to hang out with some of you guys.

I bought my plane tickets a couple days ago... I can't believe this is really going to happen! :hyper:

Still not sure if I'll be able to do GA, but either way, I'm excited.

Hi mads :wave:

I was orginally going to stay at the Outrigger Reef but they are going under significant renovation right now and into 2007 so now my friend Julie and I are staying at the Outrigger Luana Waikiki. It came recommended by an Interferencer and my cousin who were there (not together :ohmy:) this year. It is a few blocks from the beach but I figured with all of the U2 related activities, who has time for much beach anyway? Hope that helps.

Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach is the party hotel so far based on respondents from the Zootops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom