Hawaii December 9th, Aloha Stadium, Part XVII Cont'd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god there aren't any sections! Well done everyone. Aloha hawaii!

for the heck of it, I tried to see if there were any GA's just now. Nothing came up. What did come up (Best Available) was Section JJ, Row 22, seat 10 (Orange level). That was when I tried for 1 seat. When I tried for 2 Best Avail. - nothing came up.

I just went back and got two BETTER tickets than the ones I got in the first minute. :angry:

Bought them!

Now I have a surplus of 2 $165 tickets.

Well, despite almost having a heart attack, I got two individual seats in the lower level.

SEC JJ, row 12, seat 16 (first try) and SEC K, row 16, seat 3 (third try, after throwing back a nosebleed way in the back)

I'm happy to have gotten anything, but if anyone ends up with an extra GA they'd be willing to sell, I'd LOVE to buy it.

If not, I think I'll be using the section K ticket (slightly better than JJ, right?) and probably selling the other.

Congrats to those who got tickets!! I scored 3 GAs for my friend who needed tickets for friends, he already bought 1 GA.

They owe me, f***ing BIGTIME!!:wink:

Our strategy was to go for 2 single seats. First time I got Section CC row 3 but I threw them back. Eventually got Section J and K Orange level.

Already have the hotel and air booked - this was the missing piece. Congratulations to all. Now I can calm down a bit and have some lunch.

Seats are tempting, but the GAs are so much cheaper. This will be our (belated) honeymoon, so I doubt we'll camp, but I feel like if we go nice an early in the morning we can be somewhere along that second barrier. I've never seen a stadium show before (of any group), so I kinda want to avoid the front rows so I can take it all in.

^ GA's are so much better than seats. IMO.

Seats would be pretty good though in a stadium to take it all in, but it is so neat to take it all in by looking up at the crowd around you. Very cool.

Last edited:
BonoIsMyMuse said:

I'm sure you won't have them for long.

Thanks for setting me straight on my times this morning :wink:

No problem...anything for a person stuck in the southern tier and so close to pennsyltucky! :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Seats are tempting, but the GAs are so much cheaper. This will be our (belated) honeymoon, so I doubt we'll camp, but I feel like if we go nice an early in the morning we can be somewhere along that second barrier. I've never seen a stadium show before (of any group), so I kinda want to avoid the front rows so I can take it all in.

My first U2 stadium show was Monterrey and I camped out for 2 nights I believe. But in the end, I was center front row.

I think someone should come up with a U2 Hawaiian shirt.

I picture something with album covers, mirrorball lemon, a macphisto, a nice mullet, edge's guitar, heart in a suitcase, etc. etc. etc.

:hmm:

I wonder how many tickets they actually released today. Hmmmm. I'd love to ponder it, but I've already made myself late for work.

Thoughts of U2 shall get me through the day :drool:

skjuls said:

My first U2 stadium show was Monterrey and I camped out for 2 nights I believe. But in the end, I was center front row.

Seats can be tough in a stadium...I saw them in Yankee Stadium for ZooTV Outside Broadcast, Chicago's Soldier Field and the Minneapolis Metrodome for PopMart. You can be REALLY far from the stage.

That's why I made sure I knew what I was getting! :D

I hope a member of the band comes out to see the people camping out the night before. That would be cool!

People have probably already discussed this, but I don't know where to look. Does anyone have any tips about looking for accomidations, and whether it'll be better to be there for a few days before or after the show?

Signy said:
People have probably already discussed this, but I don't know where to look. Does anyone have any tips about looking for accomidations, and whether it'll be better to be there for a few days before or after the show? [/QUOTE

you can go to many travel sites and look up hotels. Trev may be able to put up a link.

also, remember that Dec 10 is the Honolulu Marathon so you should reserve something soon!

I am staying from Dec 6-12. I want to enjoy myself.

I don't know if it's better to stay before or after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom