Hawaii December 9th, Aloha Stadium, Part XVII Cont'd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, I don't think that 7:30 start is gonna hold if they are going to hold to an 11PM curfew... maybe can do it if Rocko starts before the advertised time and Pearl Jam comes on at the advertised time - although that will mean they will only have the standard 40-45 minutes. Unless U2 blows off the curfew anyway. ;) Article in today's Honolulu Advertiser:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Aug/03/il/FP608030346.html

Posted on: Thursday, August 3, 2006

Here's a 2nd chance to grab U2 tickets

By Derek Paiva
Advertiser Entertainment Writer

Pssst! Anybody wanna buy some previously owned U2 tickets, or give yours back?

Tickets go on sale Saturday for U2's rescheduled Aloha Stadium concert on Dec. 9, based on returns from the show's postponed April 8 date. And more seats may become available, as April 8 ticketholders can still return their tickets through next Thursday.

Returned tickets at all price levels — $165 and $95 for reserved seats and $49.50 for general admission to the field — will go on sale at 9 a.m. Saturday. Once again, the most efficient way to buy tickets is from Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster .com or by phone at (877) 750-4400.

U2 tickets also will be sold at the Aloha Stadium box office and all Ticketmaster outlets, but would-be buyers may want to note the experience of many fans who waited in line for hours hoping to purchase U2 tickets at brick-and-mortar outlets back in January, and went home empty-handed while online and phone customers scooped up prime tickets.

Promoter Live Nation would not comment on the number of tickets returned, but with Pearl Jam added to the new Aloha Stadium date — the final stop of U2's long and winding Vertigo tour — tickets are expected to sell quickly.

Since returns are still being accepted, it's possible that a few more tickets will become available before the winter show, but Live Nation did not release information on that prospect.

Tickets already in the hands of U2 fans will remain valid for assigned seats and general admission space on the stadium floor.

With Aloha Stadium reconfigured for football in December, views for some reserved seat ticketholders will change.

Seats in sections F through K, and FF through KK — facing directly toward the stage's front end in the baseball configuration previously planned for the April concert — will move closer to the stage, but will be angled differently.

Reserved seats in sections A through E and sections AA through EE will have the same view of and remain the same distance from the stage in the football configuration.

"The seating that faces the stage is (on) a fixed stand. And the stage will be in the same area. So it doesn't change the sightline or anything," said stadium box office manager Ainsley Paki, of sections A through E and sections AA through EE.

Paki didn't think the concert's promoters could sell additional general admission field tickets beyond Saturday's refunds because floor space becomes tighter in the football configuration.

With a change to football configuration, it would be possible to add at least six new reserved seating sections: L, M, N, LL, MM and NN. These are sections whose seats were not sold previously because with the baseball configuration, they would have been behind the stage.

Live Nation so far has no plans to offer reserved seats in these sections, but stadium officials were hopeful the promoter would.

"(The promoters) are still deciding that, and they haven't told us anything," said interim deputy stadium manager Scott Chan. "My hope is that's what they decide to do, because that will leave them some options."

Live Nation spokesman Greg Terlizzi said in an e-mail yesterday that only returned tickets will be sold on Saturday. He also said that there would be no changes made to the concert stage or the stage's position on the field because of the football configuration.

Terlizzi also wrote that the concert's start time would remain 7:30 p.m., even with Pearl Jam joining U2 and previously announced opener/U2 road crew band Rocco and the Devils. All the same, U2 will not shorten its usual Vertigo Tour live set to accommodate the addition of Pearl Jam.

The concert also must end at a set time. "Our curfew for the stadium is 11 p.m.," Paki said.

Last edited:
:sad: Looks like my Honolulu dream has been shot down by the parental units. They do make a good point. It's too expensive. Not only are we trying to pay for college, but a 1000 dollar trip just doesn't jive with that kind of budget. I'm not completely discouraged though. I don't know how, but if I can get the expenses down to 500 dollars I may be able to convince them of the trip. That seems almost impossible though. The lowest price I've come across on the websites has been 830-something. *sigh* Looks like I'm waiting another 3 years to see them.

That 11pm curfew doesn't make sense with a 7:30 start time and 3 bands. So, if U2 doesn't shorten their set they'd have to be on by 9pm. Add on set change time between Rocco and PJ and that would leave both with only about 25 minutes each to be done by 8:40. PJ did 90 min sets recently 'opening' for Petty, and I'd think they'd do the same here.

Ditto on what sonicsmurf and weinerdog said.

Plus, what's up with "With a change to football configuration, it would be possible to add at least six new reserved seating sections: L, M, N, LL, MM and NN. These are sections whose seats were not sold previously because with the baseball configuration, they would have been behind the stage." It sounds like the promotor(s) aren't going to have those seats available at the Saturday sale. Who is going to be sitting there then?

I really need two tickets. :eyebrow:

That part about L - NN not being sold is incorrect. I know that L, LL, M, MM were available, and I've seen auctions for seats in those locations. I think that they only sold the lower rows of those sections since the uppers would have been obstructed in the baseball config. The only weird thing is N-NN, and those are blacked out on the new seating diagram on the stadium website. Those seats look like they'd be staring at a wall of speakers...

http://tinyurl.com/ejybx

they'll get it figured out I'm sure!

GOD I cannot wait to go!! HELLO//HELLO//

Lancemc said:
:sad: Looks like my Honolulu dream has been shot down by the parental units. They do make a good point. It's too expensive. Not only are we trying to pay for college, but a 1000 dollar trip just doesn't jive with that kind of budget. I'm not completely discouraged though. I don't know how, but if I can get the expenses down to 500 dollars I may be able to convince them of the trip. That seems almost impossible though. The lowest price I've come across on the websites has been 830-something. *sigh* Looks like I'm waiting another 3 years to see them.

can you offer to split the cost with them? Perhaps forego future birthday/holiday gifts? :shrug:

weinerdog said:
That 11pm curfew doesn't make sense with a 7:30 start time and 3 bands. So, if U2 doesn't shorten their set they'd have to be on by 9pm.

U2's stadium Vertigo shows lasts, at leaste the 3 I went to, 2:20 hrs.... so... I'd made a 6:30 start... that's the way to go

weinerdog said:
That 11pm curfew doesn't make sense with a 7:30 start time and 3 bands. So, if U2 doesn't shorten their set they'd have to be on by 9pm. Add on set change time between Rocco and PJ and that would leave both with only about 25 minutes each to be done by 8:40. PJ did 90 min sets recently 'opening' for Petty, and I'd think they'd do the same here.

I agree that the starting time & the curfew time is problematic. However, Pearl Jam did not "open" for Tom Petty-- it was promoted as a co-headlining show-- both bands sharing the top bill. Pearl Jam is not co-headlining with U2, they are opening for U2. I expect Pearl Jam to be onstage for about 45 minutes, that's about the amount of time that they played when they've opened for the Rolling Stones. It would be great if they were on stage longer, but I don't see that happening as openers, especially given the time constraints and the fact that there's a third act on the bill. What would be ideal is for Pearl Jam to announce their own headlining shows at the Blaisdell Arena to take place on the 6th & 7th prior to the 9th (& 10th?) show(s?) with U2...

They played 14 songs though with the Stones...that would be at least an hour, and that would be at breakneck speed. Their setlist for that gig was:

Go, Corduroy, Animal, Even Flow, Gimme Some Truth, Given To Fly, Daughter, Black, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Jeremy, Last Kiss, Alive, Save You, Rockin' In The Free World

Pop Artist said:
They played 14 songs though with the Stones...that would be at least an hour, and that would be at breakneck speed. Their setlist for that gig was:

Go, Corduroy, Animal, Even Flow, Gimme Some Truth, Given To Fly, Daughter, Black, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Jeremy, Last Kiss, Alive, Save You, Rockin' In The Free World

45 minutes up to 1 hour max is in the range that I'm expecting, but would love to see more...

weinerdog said:
That part about L - NN not being sold is incorrect. I know that L, LL, M, MM were available, and I've seen auctions for seats in those locations. I think that they only sold the lower rows of those sections since the uppers would have been obstructed in the baseball config. The only weird thing is N-NN, and those are blacked out on the new seating diagram on the stadium website. Those seats look like they'd be staring at a wall of speakers...

http://tinyurl.com/ejybx

I was going from the UK with my husband and 2 children and we had row 3, section MM. I sent them back as I didn't think we could return, but now my husband and I are making a quick trip over and how I wish I could have 2 of my original seats back!!!

Good luck everyone tomorrow - I won't sleep tonight!!!

kdbradl said:

Pearl Jam is not co-headlining with U2, they are opening for U2.
I'm not so sure. I havent seen any language that specifically says this, maybe I've missed it. But Paul McG. says they are "joining the bill" and PJs web site says they are "supporting" but I don't take either of these to mean that they are in fact the opening band. Anyway -- F the Curfew!

Last edited:
Yeah I think the curfew is a bunch of bullshit...

Rock and Roll stops the traffic and the curfew!

so yeah I just found out my girl Kelly who is "friends with Belle" in Disney World will be coming with me to the show!! Thing is, she wants me to fly from MI to FLA then to HNL !! shit hahaha...

The things I do for women...

James came from Miami F-L-A, hitchhiked all the way across the U-S-A...he could feel the satellite coming down, pretty soon he was in Honolulu town...Aloha stadium and all the people there! //

Macfesto, I love your enthusiam!

This is the only place I can go for being excited about this, as my two friends I'm going with live in LA and Arizona, and I can't tell my parents yet that I'm going or things'll get ugly. :/

ANYway, if we really all make "f the curfew" shirts, I'll get one. :D

try to make a big banner... I mean BIG...

and some that go to seats can extend it when the start in Elevation or at the beggining of the 2nd encore

shiny Idea there pepokiss...

I'll hold up the sign that says FUCK hahaha...

Can't wait till the next post//

so if I'm trying to buy tickets today and I want GA's, if I do a search for "best available" and there are GA's available, they would come up right? or do I have to specifically search for GA's?

I hate U2 ticket sales. :crazy:

sami0201 said:
so if I'm trying to buy tickets today and I want GA's, if I do a search for "best available" and there are GA's available, they would come up right? or do I have to specifically search for GA's?

I hate U2 ticket sales. :crazy:

I believe you want to search specifically for General Admission instead of best available since that will give you the most expensive (165) seats

good luck

I almost forgot about the sale today... will need to monitor in case a second show goes on sale. :crazy:

If it does, someone call me, mkay? Enough people have my cell :lol:

Good luck to those of you trying to get your tickets for the 9th!

Miroslava said:
I almost forgot about the sale today... will need to monitor in case a second show goes on sale. :crazy:

I know! I just remembered this as well and it's 2:40pm!!!

thank goodness I'm travelling in Brasil ;-)

still got a bit over 2 more hours to go...

crossing fingers for a second show on friday night!!

I hate U2 ticket sales.

I can't decide whether to select GA or Best Available. I'm shooting for GA just like everyone else, but I'm willing to take just about anything. I think GAs come up first with Best Available, because I got GAs for St. Louis with that selection. I don't think I specified General Admission.

I'm not sure about that though. Ugh, fuck.

:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom