Hawaii December 9th, Aloha Stadium, Part XVII Cont'd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrr, well, maybe the travel agent is just on crack, b/c I found roundtrip flights plus 4 nights at a semi-crappy hotel (I really don't care, I've never been to a hotel more than 2 stars) for like $1500 total. That could feasibly be charged on a credit card....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Grrr, well, maybe the travel agent is just on crack, b/c I found roundtrip flights plus 4 nights at a semi-crappy hotel (I really don't care, I've never been to a hotel more than 2 stars) for like $1500 total. That could feasibly be charged on a credit card....

Yeah, I would look online myself instead of going to a travelagent.

But maybe if you go to the travel agent and show them what you found, they might be able to get the same trip (or something else) cheaper.

I'm pissed cuz we booked Continental air from LAX to HNL for $327RT which was about $100 cheaper than it was in April (but we paid $130 cancellation fees) now I just checked and SAME flights are $268RT. Damn sneaky airlines. I hope they don't fill the plane then I can get a row to myself to stretch out!

I think it is cheaper to do it yourself...a bit frustrating, but cheaper for sure.

It is DEFINATELY cheaper to look for the rooms/flights/etc by yourself than with an agent. They do have fees dontcha know ;)

I'm finding cheaper deals with help, but the problem now is do we want to max out the credit card when we know it will take two months to pay off?

Yeah, do it. You are lucky if it only takes two months to pay it off! How many times will you have the golden opportunity to not only go to Hawaii, but to see U2 there? AND to mingle with tons of fans and friends? Once in a lifetime deal, that's my take on it! Hope you guys make it.

And as far as the earthquakes Hawwaii has been experiencing in the last 24 hours....they are amazingly lucky that with the magnitude quake and aftershocks there isn't more damage expecially structurally, now to see how much wave action takes place since they are islands surrounded by water.

Yeah, I'm super-cautious with money. I actually don't have a credit card and only use cash or debit. Phil got one to establish credit, and every time we use it we immediately login to online banking and pay it off. :nerd:

Neither of us have any experience traveling. Well, we go on road trips, but we save first.

I think we're going to do it though as long as we find a good deal. The worst-case scenario is Phil starts school in January and we can use part of his student loans (which have a super-low interest rate and a grace period) to pay of the CC if we need to. :reject:

If we really can go I'm going to need someone to bring me up to speed on all the meetings taking place, what clubs and where, etc. I haven't been paying attention b/c I didn't want to get my hopes up.

I hope you and Phil decide to go and not to worry, there will be lots and lots of us to catch you up. So far there's a boat cruise Fri night 12/8 and I heard wind of a luau Sunday. That is all I have heard. Trevster has most of the info tho. I know lots of folks will be staying at Outrigger Waikiki on the beach where Dukes Bar is, and lots of hanging out at Dukes Bar...Friday night for sure. That's about all I know so far. Feel free to ask me anything tho, I've been to HAwaii several times and have done lots of research for this trip. Also, good for you guys being cautious with your finances! Don't fall into the credit hole, it's not pretty in there!

Well, I sent in a hotel booking through tripres.com. It said I would be contacted within 24-48 hours, so I hope it's actually available. These sites confuse me, I'm always terrified of getting scammed.

It was for the ResortQuest Waikiki Circle. It seems very cheap and it has splendid reviews.

The good news is, the flights I've been watching went DOWN in price again today, and I found out I get a paycheck the DAY I start working (hopefully next week).

BTW, Pearl Jam IS doing a separate show of their own too - just announced today:

HONOLULU SHOW ADDED!
Grab your board and your beach towel ... Pearl Jam is wrapping up their 2006 World Tour in beautiful Hawaii on December 2nd at the Blaisdell Center in Honolulu and we want you there!

The Ten Club ticket pre-sale for reserved, priority seating will begin Tuesday, October 17th at 12pm Pacific (9am Honolulu) online only here. The pre-sale will end October 18th at 8pm Pacific (5pm Honolulu) or while supplies last.

Ten Club tickets will be sold in pairs only. Total price for one pair of tickets is $122.50, which includes a $2 charity fee, plus additional fees and taxes. Each eligible member can purchase a limit of 2 tickets only. You must be an active member as of October 16, 2006 to qualify for the Hawaii ticket opportunity.

Tickets are for reserved seating and seat selection will be pre-determined, based upon your seniority within the fan club. Please visit our ticket info page before purchasing tickets from the Ten Club.

In addition to our regular fan club ticketing, Ten Club has reserved a limited amount of excellent seats to use in a Ten Club member exclusive offer to purchase a travel package for this spectacular event! Click HERE for more information.

Dates and information are subject to change. Additional questions can be directed to tickets@tenclub.net.

---------------

Now, I get into Honolulu at 7:10pm on the 2nd...going to see if an earlier award flight that day becomes available (cannot take the 1st off too), but ya' think I can make it anyway? :hmm:

Hulagif.gif

No PJ pre-Vue for me, I arrive 830pm on the 2nd, my flight was supposed to arrive at 6pm but was changed.:madspit:

We arrive the 6th. I'm cool with seeing PJ on the 9th. I'm going to see U2 anyways.....plus I'm excited to see Rocko and the Devils, they have been fairly quiet of late. Anyone know what they have been up to?

Rocko and the Devils just released a remix of Broken Brains on their website.

Time for a new thread, folks. You've hit 500.

I shall now close this thread with the utmost skill and jealousy. :mad: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom