Hawaii December 9th, Aloha Stadium, Part XVII Cont'd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much, just by that GA as soon as they go on sale:wink: Then you do the GA camp for the second night in a row:crazy:

Thanks Kelly :up: That would be cool to see some cast members at the U2. I already plan to visit the set of LOST.
Jules had mention that Jorge was a U2 fan and he may be at the show.
I did not know you where a LOST fan.. I am a total LOST cashew. I am LadyEko on the FUSELAGE. That site is really cool.

ok back to Hawaii/GA talk
DanceHulaDancer.gif

Carmelu2fan said:
Thanks Kelly :up: That would be cool to see some cast members at the U2. I already plan to visit the set of LOST.
Jules had mention that Jorge was a U2 fan and he may be at the show.
I did not know you where a LOST fan.. I am a total LOST cashew. I am LadyEko on the FUSELAGE. That site is really cool.

ok back to Hawaii/GA talk
DanceHulaDancer.gif

I have been told that Jorge and his girlfriend had U2 tickets by my Hawaiian friend.

Her name is Malia and she's a zootop. She mentioned we could organize a LOST tour of some kind.

skjuls said:

I have been told that Jorge and his girlfriend had U2 tickets by my Hawaiian friend.

Her name is Malia and she's a zootop. She mentioned we could organize a LOST tour of some kind.

OMG!! I cannot wait. We will have to plan a visit to the set of LOST. I know you also wanted to visit Pearl Harbor. So that will have to be arranged also:yes:

skjuls said:

I do know that they shoot LOST all over the place so it's not just one stop we would be making!

LOL!

:hmm: Is that what your connection told you? From the info I get from the Fuselage there is a main location. A private beach where they shoot the crashed sences, the hatch, the forest sences, etc.
If you are familar with the show when they have "flash backs"
(mothers house, police station) those can be shot at any number of places. The main place I would be interested is the location of where the losties "camp" site is. This is the place where the majority of the cast is located and a dozen extras! I hope that makes since. I will have to do more research but I am sure it is at one pacific location. I would love for us to see it .:yes:

Carmelu2fan said:

:hmm: Is that what your connection told you? From the info I get from the Fuselage there is a main location. A private beach where they shoot the crashed sences, the hatch, the forest sences, etc.
If you are familar with the show when they have "flash backs"
(mothers house, police station) those can be shot at any number of places. The main place I would be interested is the location of where the losties "camp" site is. This is the place where the majority of the cast is located and a dozen extras! I hope that makes since. I will have to do more research but I am sure it is at one pacific location. I would love for us to see it .:yes:

I have no idea. But they do shoot all over the place.

In fact, I've already been to one of the placed that they filmed.

Of course, they have a main spot but would be able to go there would be the question since the show may be filming.

Ooo, thanks for the head's-up, AlliDreamsOutLoud. I'll have to listen/pay a visit to that station's site (checking every day? hmm...). Since it's from *there*, it sounds a little more likely to be true than the other DJs around North America saying random things about more tour dates...

skjuls said:

I have no idea. But they do shoot all over the place.

In fact, I've already been to one of the placed that they filmed.

Of course, they have a main spot but would be able to go there would be the question since the show may be filming.

That is a good question. The 3rd season starts in September. So I would imagine they would be filming up comming episodes in December also. I just posted my query on the Fuselage so I should be getting some info on that soon.

I need details on your location encounter
PM:wink: mmmk

tell me about it...haha that would throw me off too haha...but seriously... a Monday night for the last show of Vertigo? I mean, don't get me wrong I hope for another show too...and our Vertigo in Detroit was on a Monday and Tuesday, but I would be fine with ending on December 9th...

Maybe they should add the second show before the 9th..because the 9th has already been announced as 'the last date of the tour' and it seems a bit daft to change that. the 8th!!

partygirlvox said:
Maybe they should add the second show before the 9th..because the 9th has already been announced as 'the last date of the tour' and it seems a bit daft to change that. the 8th!!

:yes: Bingo

macfesto said:
tell me about it...haha that would throw me off too haha...but seriously... a Monday night for the last show of Vertigo? I mean, don't get me wrong I hope for another show too...and our Vertigo in Detroit was on a Monday and Tuesday, but I would be fine with ending on December 9th...
The "original" last show of the Vertigo tour was scheduled to be Monday, Dec. 19 in Portland.

partygirlvox said:

A show on the 8th, and perhaps even on the 9th, could signal the return of Instant Karma! (We All Shine On) to the setlist.

westendgirl said:
The "original" last show of the Vertigo tour was scheduled to be Monday, Dec. 19 in Portland.

I thought that the last show was supposed to be April, 2006!!

I am totally down with a friday night show since I am landing thursday evening :)

http://forum.interference.com/out.php?http://alohastadium.hawaii.gov/pdfs/u2map.pdf

Could someone please help me understand how the GA is going to work? On the football configuration, there is the stage with the two semi-circular stages coming out. Then there is what looks in the diagram to be a fence or baracade or something around the whole stage thing. Are only select GA's going to be able to get into the fenced area and all other GA's will fill up the rest of the field?? Or do all GA's fit into that fenced in area? Does U2 randomly select who gets into the fence by computer or is it whoever gets there first? Thanks! :)

I think GA at stadiums equal free for all...

not sure, and honestly, don't worry about it until you are there...anyhow, everything works out right in the end//

Nuala said:
http://forum.interference.com/out.php?http://alohastadium.hawaii.gov/pdfs/u2map.pdf

Could someone please help me understand how the GA is going to work? On the football configuration, there is the stage with the two semi-circular stages coming out. Then there is what looks in the diagram to be a fence or baracade or something around the whole stage thing. Are only select GA's going to be able to get into the fenced area and all other GA's will fill up the rest of the field?? Or do all GA's fit into that fenced in area? Does U2 randomly select who gets into the fence by computer or is it whoever gets there first? Thanks! :)

That inner barricade was there for a lot of U2 stadium shows...it's a safety measure to split the crowd up and lessen the pressure of a crowd surge up front. It's gonna be first come, first served for however many people fit up there (1000? 1500? 2000?), then everyone else fills in the rest of the field. I think whoever is already on line by the time doors open will be in time to be within the barrier.

As long as 1000 people aren't camping out, and won't get there until a "reasonable" time (like...1pm?), I'm cool with first come, first served....especially since there are three of us and I've been worrying about how to convince them to let us all in were just one of us to get into the ellipse/equivalent. We won't be camping out. I'm very satisfied with getting two people to even COME on this kinda crazy trip--they're not game for being more crazy by sleeping outside when we're paying for a hotel. (I'd totally do it if they WERE, but I like real beds and ain't gonna push the idea...)
:D

One of the other two doesn't want to go to a second show! What can I say to convince him? I'm travelling thousands of miles, and I'm not going to miss half the goods! He says he can't take more time off work and then a week for Christmas too, but he probably wouldn't have to take more than maybe ONE extra day...so...?!
I mean...if there *is* a second show...*crossing fingers & drooling for it*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom