Hawaii December 9th - Aloha Stadium, Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hawaii December 9th?? - Aloha Stadium, Part XVI

Random information

» What is the time difference in Hawaii? Here you go: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ If you ask this question on the thread, be aware that you will be receiving this :madwife:

» The concert here will also feature opening band Rocko & the Devils. Rocko, being none other than the U2 Crew's own Rocko Reedy

» 15,000 GA tickets, 20,000 seats.

» The stadium will be in the baseball configuration, with the stage in the center-field area, facing south.

art6a.jpg

mbhkrm.gif

» Something to consider for GA line purposes. Hawaii's Largest Swap Meet is held every Wed, Sat & Sun 6am-3pm at the stadium's parking lot. This is good for food, restrooms, etc. purposes, but probably a bit of a problem for a peaceful set up. :lol:

alo-st.jpg

Looks like we should be ok so long as set up is done in the area immediately adjacent to the stadium.

» Map of Waikiki Hotels

» Listen to Honolulu's Star 101.9 radio station. Lots of us are :D

List of those Interferencers confirmed as going:

adventuremaui - 4/8, Section CC Row 31 Seats 1&2 (Kevin D.)
AgentMissa - GA 4/8
Allidreamsoutloud - GA 4/8
Alreadygone - GA 4/8
bfloxng - GA 4/8
Bonoisagod - GA 4/8
Bonosstagegirl - GA 4/8
Bort269 - GA 4/8
bump101 - GA 4/8
Carek1230 - GA 4/8
CarmelU2fan - GA 4/8
Catlady - GA 4/8
Cleazer - Undecided, but has GA and seats
DD*
Dalfan
Dream Chaser - GA 4/8
editorinchief - GA 4/8
Eep - GA 4/8
Faithingrace - GA 4/8
Felinefine - GA 4/8
Gorman
hef4U2 - GA 4/8
hwnstyle - GA 4/8
I Move in Mysterious Ways
Junebuglaura
Kariann
KellyAhern - GA 4/8
Lila64 & Maddy - GA 4/8
Miroslava - GA 4/8
Mobaby - seats
MTEdge - GA 4/8
Mrpoptop - GA 4/8
Nicodemus49 - 4/8 Seats, DD Row 21, Orange
Niamh_Saoirse - GA 4/8
Nightsong - GA 4/8
No Spoken Words - Seats 4/8
Nurse Chrissi - GA 4/8
Pop Artist - 4/8 Undecided, but has GA and Seat. Sec K, Row 11, Orange
Poppedtart - GA 4/8
R8drgurl - GA 4/8
Ramblin Rose - GA 4/8
Redsoxfan - 4/8 Undecided, but has GA and seats Orange, JJ
Ruffian - GA 4/8
sfsky & mom - 4/8 gold, KK, third row
Shaynar - GA 4/8
skjuls - GA 4/8
Storiesforboys - GA 4/8
Super Fan - GA 4/8
theedge111 - GA 4/8
tkutish - GA 4/8
topherchris9 - Seats, Section C, Orange
Trevster2k - GA 4/8
Tryan101 (and clan!) - GA 4/8
U2-phoric - Seats 4/8
U2forlife - GA 4/8
U2girl1978 - GA 4/8
u2girlcj - 4/8 Undecided, but has GA and seats, Section B
U2girldebbie - GA 4/8
U2zootvfan - GA 4/8
Weinerdog - GA 4/8
xErinx - GA 4/8
Zargo - Section KK, Row 9
Zooperson - GA 4/8

Interferencers on the fence about going, but have tickets! :D
Miringeltje - GA 4/8

If you wish to be added to the list, please say so :D

For additional information
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Interferenceinhawaii

Welcome Interferencers going to Hawaii!!

This site is for organizing tickets, finding out who is going, and staying where and discussing partying in Honolulu. Explore the room. This is an interactive page.

You can post MESSAGES for everyone to read. You can read and add LINKS. The LINKS section already has helpful tips to make your trip more enjoyable. Feel free to add your own travel tips including flight or hotel deals.

Please fill in the appropriate DATABASE when you have made travel arrangements. Even if you don't know this info, simply add your name to the "Where are you staying" DATABASE and leave the rest blank. You can always go back and edit the info. This will help with the gathering planning and you will know if other Interlanders are staying in your hotel. New DATABASE added for travel tips to Hawaii, things people better not forget to pack. Any suggestions, please add them.

You can post your picture in the PHOTOS section so we know who we are looking for in Hawaii. There is also a POLLS section.

Zootopia is organizing a thank you display for the band
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006

We're now at 25,000 Lokahi-ONE signs for the Hawaii shows....still 13,000 signs to go!

We have 37 volunteers to hand out the signs the day of the show.

Please, it will not take much of your time, if we all join as ONE we can make this happen. Also, please consider printing signs, or discover how you can help, even if you are not going to Hawaii.

Let's give the 4 boys a BLAST of a surprise for their LAST Vertigo show!

Email hans444@u2.com if you have any questions.

Also, Miroslava has requested that Jason Momoa be on hand to Lei the ladies at the airport as they deplane

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Miro, could you please fix that first thing up, I posted it incorrectly, d'uh!!!

Thanks!

More news about the tentatively rescheduled show for Dec 9..... :)

Posted on: Friday, April 28, 2006
HAWAI'I BRIEFS

U2 reschedules stadium concert

Advertiser Staff

A U2 concert postponed earlier this year tentatively has been rescheduled for Dec. 9 at Aloha Stadium, stadium manager Kenny Lum said yesterday at a stadium authority meeting.

The final shows in the band's Vertigo tour, including an Aloha Stadium date on April 8, were postponed when an immediate family member of someone in the band fell ill. Details of the illness and the identity of the band member have not been released.

Honolulu fans were advised to hold on to their tickets and wait for a new date.

The postponement also affected U2 shows in New Zealand, Australia and Japan.

honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060428/NEWS18/604280371/1029/NEWS
U2 Concert Rescheduled for December

April 27, 2006 10:03 PM PDT

(KHNL) There's good news for fans of U2. It looks as if the groups's Hawaii concert is back on.

The concert has reportedly been rescheduled for December 9th at Aloha Stadium.

The band was supposed to perform on Oahu on April 8th. But they postponed the show when an immediate family member of someone in the band fell ill.

Fans were told to hold onto their tickets and wait for a new concert date.

khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=4831129

its my birthday too!
HURRAH!
and a year since the buffalo gig..
though i am kinda on the fence about going (please add me to the list!!) as its my 16th, and i was away form my 15th aswell. hmm..

Wow - a date in December! :hmm: I still would love to go, but it's a bit too early for me to say whether or not that will be possible.

I haven't had any more discussions with my family about spending Christmas at my parents' timeshare in Honolulu, but I have a feeling that will most likely be happening.

Going to Hawaii twice in the same month would be impossible! :(

You can add me to that list! :dancing: I'm so happy! Let's hope that day sticks because I just cashed in 35,000 miles from United. Now I just need a ticket and hotel. But those should be pretty easy . . .

Now I can buy Karen a fruity drink in person!

Well, there is a huge marathon the same weekend as the tentative date. It will be on Sunday Dec 10th. So those folks might add to the madness of the trip.

From last year's marathon:

The Honolulu Marathon, held on Dec. 11 [2005], had 28,048 entrants and
24,261 finishers.

There were 5,444 participants in the concurrent 10-kilometer Honolulu
Marathon Race Day Walk.

Some 78 percent of all marathoners and walkers were visitors.

The turnstile count for the four-day Honolulu Marathon Expo (Dec. 7-
10) showed it to be one of the two largest events of the year at the
Hawaii Convention Center.

The four-day count for the Honolulu Marathon Expo was 62,987.

Well, so far the prices for that time look comparable to the prices I had booked April for, so all looks good. Think I will (re-)book stuff this weekend, I can always change it again(!) if need be. :)

2nd show won't happen, IMHO....but I'll take 1 show :) and check this...

U2 Reschedule Appears Imminent

Thousands of Hawaii fans were disappointed when U2 canceled the band's April 8 concert at Aloha Stadium. But we have some encouraging news to report tonight.

Promoters for the Irish rockers have asked if Aloha Stadium is available on Saturday, December 9.

Stadium officials confirm the date is open, but no contract has been signed with the group yet.

U2 postponed its final 10 concerts, including the April concert here in Hawaii, when a family member of the band became ill. It was widely speculated that the reason the tour was postponed was because guitarist "The Edge" had a seriously ill daughter.

Fans are advised to hold onto their tickets and wait for the new date. We'll let you know when it's announced.

http://kgmb9.com/kgmb/display.cfm?storyID=7964&sid=1183

Methinks I'm about to book!

trevster2k said:
Well, there is a huge marathon the same weekend as the tentative date. It will be on Sunday Dec 10th. So those folks might add to the madness of the trip.

From last year's marathon:

The Honolulu Marathon, held on Dec. 11 [2005], had 28,048 entrants and
24,261 finishers.

There were 5,444 participants in the concurrent 10-kilometer Honolulu
Marathon Race Day Walk.

Some 78 percent of all marathoners and walkers were visitors.

The turnstile count for the four-day Honolulu Marathon Expo (Dec. 7-
10) showed it to be one of the two largest events of the year at the
Hawaii Convention Center.

The four-day count for the Honolulu Marathon Expo was 62,987.

that definitely worries me:mad: :huh: :der:

Also bear in mind December 7th is Pearl Harbor Day in Honolulu and every year there are commemorative memorial services.

I checked airfares today and they are a bit less than what we paid and were credited. Now hope we can get a time share! :wink:

It's the first weekend that's clear of football for a couple of weeks. U2 has a knack for scheduling shows on popular weekends...

info

tbird said:
will all tickets originally dated April 8th be honored?

Yes. At least thats what they said on the news (I live here). And if this date does indeed hold up, buy your plane tickets & reserve your car way in advance. The marathon is huge here.

:dance:

kellyahern said:
Maybe that's the only date they could get? :shrug:

I imagine so because football is at the Aloha Stadium until Dec 2nd I believe, and 2 weeks after Sat the 9th is Christmas, and Sat Dec 16th is Hanukkah. I just with there would be a "formal" announcement so that we could feel more comfortable about making reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom