Hawaii December 9th - Aloha Stadium, Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am just going to Hawaii... :D In and out. No long stay this time around.

Accomodations are all set. Just need to buy my plane ticket :D

Miroslava said:

Me too. I may rent a Jeep again and visit the places I didn't get to see the first time around. The surfing tournament sounds cool.
Keep me posted on get together's.

So....did anyone here return their tickets? I came close a couple of times, simply because $250 is a bit to sit on. I wonder how many of the 35k(guess) that were sold originally have been returned. And since we're now in the football config, which would push it around 50K(another guess), I have zero hope for a second show...

Is the football configuration confirmed? If so, people in sections like A and AA orange who spent $160 are screwed now - they'll be a lot farther away. It seems doubtful they would do that IMO.

ntalwar said:
Is the football configuration confirmed? If so, people in sections like A and AA orange who spent $160 are screwed now - they'll be a lot farther away. It seems doubtful they would do that IMO.

According to the article in the newspaper that was posted in the other thread they claim that the Football configuration will actually bring the seats closer to the stage.

Although I see your point about those in Sections like A or AA.

I know this is a bit stupid, but...

If from here to november, I get to win the lotery... :wink:

what are my chances to get 2 GAs... ?? that's all I need

hotels are for sisies... :wink:

Miroslava said:

awww, just a quickie this time:wink:

I am hoping to stay a bit longer this time and have same R & R time, I did most of the touristy things last time so this time I can just chill out and get drunk:wink:

I'm all set for Hawaii now

I *might* have done all the planning at work during a city wide disaster event (bad storms/100 plus degree heat/no power/sick people)

gotta have priorities and I can multi-task like a mofo :wink:

In another thread, someone mentioned a possible curfew...do any of you know anything about this? Hopefully, if Hawaii actually has a *curfew* in place, it's just for minors...I've never been there and want to be able to go out, dammit! :)

BTW, hello! *waves* (I've finally started to post...)

They meant curfew for concerts at the stadium, not a city curfew...you can stay out all night, get crazy, etc. ;)

Hey yourself. :)
Just moved back here after four fun years in Los Angeles.

Meee too. I'm in for a long weekend--my friends I'm going with are all at San Diego ComiCON partying while I sit here all antsy about needing to get our air/hotel ASAP. We only have our concert tix right now.

Well, I made a decision about which ticket I'm going to use...gonna use the seat ticket since it just got considerably closer (have sat in approx. the same spot if it had been a baseball config. and the same spot for a football config. for shows before - football IS way closer). My GA is already spoken for though by a pal that is probably going to come now, she can hook me up with a 10 Club ticket if Pearl Jam plays a separate show... :wink:

ramblin rose said:
Have you checked flights. I rebooked last night and it seems the prices for those dates are lower for the December date than they were in April.

Yeah, I looked and I think you're right about the prices being lower. But price ain't really what's holding me back though.

It's more a question of: Will there be someone that can take over the lessons from me, while I'm gone?
And how long do I wanna be gone? Just in and out or spend more time on Hawaii (maybe even visit another island).

Timing ain't too great. It's so close to Christmas break, when I have two weeks off, because there is no school.

The dates for the New Zealand ishows are great. Thanksgiving weekend.
Anyone tempted to fly there and catch 2 u2 shows?

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Interferenceinhawaii/

The Interferencers Hawaii Concert Yahoo page is back.

It's alive again. Please use responsibly.:wink:

Thanks Trevor.
Personally, seeing as I haven't booked anything, I would like to know where others are staying.
If you want to keep it to yourself, that's cool.
If you don't wanna post the info publicly, I don't mind receiving PM or email. :wink:

Also, will we have an Interference gathering/event? I'd :heart: to have one.

Last edited:
For anyone like me who was hoping to see U2/Pearl Jam and the Rolling Stones in the same week in Honolulu, it's now looking like it's not going to happen. The rumors had been of the Stones ending their world tour in Honolulu at the beginning of December, but now the indication is that they will be playing at Aloha Stadium on November 23rd, Thanksgiving day. The Stones fall tour dates will supposedly be announced on Monday.

Miringeltje said:

Yeah, I looked and I think you're right about the prices being lower. But price ain't really what's holding me back though.

It's more a question of: Will there be someone that can take over the lessons from me, while I'm gone?
And how long do I wanna be gone? Just in and out or spend more time on Hawaii (maybe even visit another island).

Timing ain't too great. It's so close to Christmas break, when I have two weeks off, because there is no school.

The dates for the New Zealand ishows are great. Thanksgiving weekend.
Anyone tempted to fly there and catch 2 u2 shows?

Hey Miringeltje - I'm kind in the same boat as you, being a teacher and all so I'm flying in the PM out of San Francisco on Friday and going to play hookie (well I will get someone to cover for me) on Monday and fly home that night. It's still almost a full 3 days in Hawaii for me. I hope you decide to do it too. Hope you don't mind me saying that - the more the merrier! Two shows in Auckland is a very appealing idea and the timing is better. I just did the flight to Auckland last month though and it's a bear - 13 hours from SF! I've got my flight booked, working on getting a ticket to the show and looking around for a hotel.

Hotels booked, we're staying 10 days, doing the concert then the Big Island for 7 days!

Flight prices SUCK right now. Unfortunately, there is no good way to get from the Deep South to Honolulu! Anyone else going from the East Coast? Have you found any flight "deals" (I know there is really no "deal" to Hawaii from Atlanta)?

leeannml said:
Hotels booked, we're staying 10 days, doing the concert then the Big Island for 7 days!

Flight prices SUCK right now. Unfortunately, there is no good way to get from the Deep South to Honolulu! Anyone else going from the East Coast? Have you found any flight "deals" (I know there is really no "deal" to Hawaii from Atlanta)?

The best price I saw from Tampa was about $741 - which is actuallly about $40 cheaper than it was in April. I found it through expedia.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom