Hawaii - December 9 - Part XVIII (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for letting us know about the tickets! I just checked and GAs are still coming up! Great opportunity for anyone who wants to upgrade their tickets. I already had GA but it's still exciting to actually pull up GA tickets on ticketmaster. That so rarely happens in my world. :wink:

It's crazy how thoses tickets are still there. I tried for 4 GAs and it gave them to me. Some people have spent big money on their tickets. What a drag!

OMG, ticketmaster is driving me crazy. GEEZ, now they offer GA seats after I spent almost 1000.00 bucks for 4 reserved seats.

I don't think I can do GA now anyway.... my family won't go for it. They want seats. :(
I can't believe this isn't sold out! What up with that?:huh:

I think it's possible that now even people who would like to go can't because of the hotel problem. Not having a place to sleep is a huge deterrent.

Or upon a second look at the layout of the stage and stadium determined that they have room for a few more GA'rs.

Last edited:
So...little problem here. My friend and I need a holiday, so she and I are considering getting these GAs today. But we haven't a place to stay. Any ideas? I mean, at this point, I wouldn't even mind camping out...but transportation is going to be a problem for us. So any tips you have would be grand! :up:

Last edited:
Hotel Concerns

Nightsong said:

A number of people have been getting this email, here's a suggestion that was posted by Cihindy on the zootopian board:

I would definitely call your hotel directly!

I second that. I'm in the business here and I would most definitely recommend you double checking with the hotel directly. There will almost certainly be some unhappy people here that weekend that are not going to get the rooms that they were guaranteed. I can't say much more than that, but several hotels in Waikiki are in a bit of trouble.

redhotswami said:
OMG you're from arlington???!! :shocked: How are you flying?? We haven't bought tickets yet. Is Dulles the best way to go?

Well that is old but now I live near Bailey's Crossroads.

I am flying out of Reagan (I had frequent flyer miles)!!

My friend said Delta was having a good deals from BWI.

Dulles is ok but I hate that airport!!!

if you have more questions, you can email me TigerLily1276@aol.com

Re: Hotel Concerns

topherchris9 said:

I second that. I'm in the business here and I would most definitely recommend you double checking with the hotel directly. There will almost certainly be some unhappy people here that weekend that are not going to get the rooms that they were guaranteed. I can't say much more than that, but several hotels in Waikiki are in a bit of trouble.

What do the hotels do in those cases? Find a room anywhere or?

Re: Re: Hotel Concerns

Nightsong said:

What do the hotels do in those cases? Find a room anywhere or?
Typically the hotels will do their best to find a room at a comparable property, but when space is tight and the city is sold out, any hotel room will do. Of course the guest is compensated...the hotel pays for the room and a phone call at another property, then brought back the next day (hopefully) so that you can enjoy the hotel you booked. So you kind of go for free for the inconvenience.
They usually really bend over backwards to make the guests that they relocated happy since it's an absolute last resort that we do that.
I heard though from some friends staying at the Outrigger Reef over that weekend that they are okay. But still, call to confirm. The reservations that don't are the first ones on the list to be relocated.

Got the "relocation" e-mail from Expedia last night. Called them and very politely told them to stick their relocation up their ass! I told them we are flying 12 hours from Georgia, already have plane tickets and already have U2 tickets. The girl was nice and said she would "tell the hotel" all of this and for the moment our reservation is still confirmed.

I tried to call the hotel, but they said their reservations desk was closed for the day, that was at 4:30 pm Hawaii time?? I am trying to contact them directly again today, but it's gonna be all kinds of ugly if that room is not confirmed. We paid in full 5 months ago!!!

Any advice anyone? It's the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Htoel by the way.

Yay!!! Got my vouchers today from OTX - 2 GA tickets to be given to us at the Luau on 12/8 and 5 nights at the Hyatt Regency!! I was sooooo worried since this was booked through ETS.

leeannml said:
Got the "relocation" e-mail from Expedia last night. Called them and very politely told them to stick their relocation up their ass! I told them we are flying 12 hours from Georgia, already have plane tickets and already have U2 tickets. The girl was nice and said she would "tell the hotel" all of this and for the moment our reservation is still confirmed.

I tried to call the hotel, but they said their reservations desk was closed for the day, that was at 4:30 pm Hawaii time?? I am trying to contact them directly again today, but it's gonna be all kinds of ugly if that room is not confirmed. We paid in full 5 months ago!!!

Damn... guess what... I also booked a room at this hotel and got a voicemail today saying to call my travel agent... does not sound good. We booked Oahu in haste (3 months ago) and would love to be relocated to a different island/better hotel, but those will be the only acceptable conditions. I'm not flying 13 hours to stay at a HoJo's.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? I guess I'm envisioning there not being any rooms to be relocated to unless they're at the airport or something.

leeannml said:

Do you by chance have AAA, or do you know anyone who is a Travel Agent or in the hotel or Travel industry who could deal with this on your behalf? That is absolutely ludicrous for this to happen to you especially since you paid in full so long ago. This is one of the reasons why I am always so leery of using Expedia or one of those cheapie.com websites to book something like a long awaited for and deserved vacation, I always wonder about them over-booking and I HATE having to pay especially in FULL so damn far in advance for everything! And then mere days before the trip being told "woops, sorry we have to move you". Nope. That doesn't make it in my book. Good luck to all of you that are going through this. I called our hotel today just to re-confirm our hotel reservation which was made months ago but directly with the hotel and was told everything is in order. If not, I am guaranteed to make a scene in their lobby!! :ohmy:

Called the hotel, they confirmed that I "currently" have a reservation, but refused to tell me that I would DEFINITELY not be relocated. The woman I spoke with in reservations was nice, but said at this time, they are severely overbooked for Saturday and she could not guarantee that we would not be asked to move.

I reiterated that I had paid in full 5 months ago and that we could not move because of the concert. She said she would note all of that and we would be considered a "priority" for not being booted. Whatever that means!! She is going to call me back on Dec. 1st to let me know for sure if my reservation is secure.

I have no idea what to do other than wait and hope, I checked and there is absolutely nothing else available.

U2wedge, what did they tell you? Who did you talk to? I got Candace who was supposedly the reservations manager.

A couple of my friends were almost given the boot by the Hawaii Hilton. Their travel agent received the call today. They offered all expenses paid in Maui for that weekend. Of course, the travel agent explained that was not possible as they are there for the concert. Plus she is their friend so she fought hard for them to keep their rooms.

leeannml said:
Called the hotel, they confirmed that I "currently" have a reservation, but refused to tell me that I would DEFINITELY not be relocated. The woman I spoke with in reservations was nice, but said at this time, they are severely overbooked for Saturday and she could not guarantee that we would not be asked to move.

I reiterated that I had paid in full 5 months ago and that we could not move because of the concert. She said she would note all of that and we would be considered a "priority" for not being booted. Whatever that means!! She is going to call me back on Dec. 1st to let me know for sure if my reservation is secure.

Ohhh, you're making me a bit nervous again! We're at RQ Waikiki Beach too and my friend, who booked through hotels.com and got one of those e-mails last week, said he called the website people and got it straightened out, but I've a feeling it might be a zoo at the hotel....and since we don't get in town 'til 8pm on Thursday, I really hope the place isn't already filled up before then. o_O We can't stay on Maui (wtf?)! Oh, and like you, we booked decently early, back in August.

trevster2k said:
A couple of my friends were almost given the boot by the Hawaii Hilton.

The hotel we were (emphasis on the past tense) was part of the Hilton chain. They rushed to open the hotel during construction, knowing how big of a weekend they had (the concert, the marathon and a "military exercise"... in other words, Pearl harbor Day). Well, they had plumbing issues. They have had to rebook all of their guests elsewhere.

I spoke to the assistant GM yesterday and he is moving us to a condo still in Waikiki. I am still a bit nervous about the whole thing...but glad to at least have a place to drop our heads.

My husband and I are booked at the RQ Waikiki Beach Hotel from Dec. 7-11. I called the hotel direct yesterday and was told my reservation is confirmed. But the lady barely spoke English so who knows. I haven't gotten any relocation e-mails or voice mails as of yet, but am very nervous now. I'm going to try to reach someone higher up later today. We booked back in Sept. and are paid in full too. I'll update later. What days are you others booked? :banghead:

I just contacted our travel agent who says we are confirmed, but at a different hotel (was Aqua Waikiki Wave and now the Ohana Maile Sky Court). We're booked to arrive on the 7th (at night) and leave late on the 12th. Anyone know about the Sky Court? I'm fine as long as the hotel is CHEAP but within walking distance of the beach. The Wave has amazing reviews post-renovation, but we did book VERY late so I'm thankful for any available option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom