Hawaii - December 9 - Part XVIII (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carek1230 said:
For bus info, PM hotpepper-she was looking to see how many might be interested in getting a bus together.

I'm still organizing a rented bus but we really need a few more people to show interest before I put the amount up front on my credit card. Considering the possible limited runs of local city bus transportation, taking my rented bus is really the best, hassle free way to go. For $22 you've got a roundtrip from Waikiki to and from the stadium. I'll need to finalize this soon so please let me know by next Friday, 11/25.

See this thread for more info:

http://forum.interference.com/t167478.html

If we didn't have our own van I'd sign on with you hotpepper! I'm spreading the word for people to contact you via PM or come to this thread who are looking for transportation! :wink: (anything I can do to help I will!)

Carek1230 said:
If we didn't have our own van I'd sign on with you hotpepper! I'm spreading the word for people to contact you via PM or come to this thread who are looking for transportation! :wink: (anything I can do to help I will!)

Hey everyone!

:wave:

I haven't posted in this thread for a long time.
Lurked here a lot though.
Hawaii has been on my mind often.
I just thought it would be better to hold off with posting, until it was certain whether I would be able to go.

And as much as I want to (I mean who doesn't!), I just can't.
It's not gonna happen.
There wasn't a high chance that I'd be able to make it o begin with.
So I'm not too dissappointed.
It's OK.

I'll still be lurking out here.
And hope that all of you who are going have the time of your life!
Sure would have loved to be there and hang with y'all.

Last edited:
This is a reply to Allegra. I've never posted here before, though I've lurked here for a couple of years. Don't know if I'm doing this right. Anyway. I love the Bonolulu tee shirts but I think it's getting too late for me to order and receive one before I go to the concert. Would it be a horrible plageristic (if that's a word) thing to do if I brought my own red tee shirt to the mall and got it inscribed with the same message? Just asking.

^No, go for it. It is my design based on the suggestions of others and posted by skjuls on Zazzle. I recommended to do what you suggested due to 1) time and 2) possible copyright issues i.e BONOlulu

Barb2409 said:
This is a reply to Allegra. I've never posted here before, though I've lurked here for a couple of years. Don't know if I'm doing this right. Anyway. I love the Bonolulu tee shirts but I think it's getting too late for me to order and receive one before I go to the concert. Would it be a horrible plageristic (if that's a word) thing to do if I brought my own red tee shirt to the mall and got it inscribed with the same message? Just asking.

Yes, what Trev said.

But when I ordered it, it said that it's going out via priority mail and I should get it in 2 to 5 days. So that's fast enough for me!

Hello everyone!
I JUST booked my trip last minute.
I NEED A floor and a shower or at the very least a shower after the show Sat!!!
I have $$ and lots of cool stuff to trade.
If anyone wants to hear what i have to offer please e-mail me at Stiktek1@earthlink.net
I don't want to be the smelly homeless guy in Honolulu!!!
Help!
thanks!

Allegra said:

Yes, what Trev said.

But when I ordered it, it said that it's going out via priority mail and I should get it in 2 to 5 days. So that's fast enough for me!

That is plenty of time for me as well. I have yet to order to mine. Is there a way to see if you shirt has been printed on or the status of your shirt.

Let us know when you get your shirt!!

I don't think there are any copyright issues. For instance, there are shirts on there that say I hate Bono. So who knows?

Hopefully not. I don't want to go around to a actual tshirt shop in the DC area, not enough time in the day for me.

I really like that shirt. Nice work. :)

Are you guys going to wear them to the concert, or is the (RED) plan still on?

mads said:
I really like that shirt. Nice work. :)

Are you guys going to wear them to the concert, or is the (RED) plan still on?
The shirts are great indeed! Thanks Trev!

The (RED) plan is still on :)

Let me summarize some things that are going on in the Hawaii U2 message board....only 3 weeks to go!!!!!

1. The sunset dinner cruise, Friday December 8.

The boat is full, unfortunately we can not accept more sign ups. we have our own deck with 170 U2 fans. If you are on the boat, you will receive more information soon from Malia and/or June.

2. The luau, Sunday December 10.

You can still join us (32 people at this moment) for a the luau show/celebration/gathering. Pick up will start around 4 pm, and return to Waikiki around 9pm. Please read the detailed information, and instructions on how to book, on the message board: http://zootopiahawaii.proboards91.com. Just check out the FAQ section on the top of the board, or the luau thread in the "Activities - Fan Gatherings" section.

3. Karaoke night, Sunday December 10.

We are organizing a fun informal karaoke gathering. June has booked a room that can hold 30 people from 6pm to 10 pm, and I will book a room from 10pm to midnight if there is enough interest. Please read the detailed information on the message board: http://zootopiahawaii.proboards91.com. Just check out the FAQ section on the top of the board, or the karaoke thread in the "Activities - Fan Gatherings" section.

4. An INSPI(RED) night at the Aloha Stadium.

This idea, "An INSPI(RED) night at the Aloha Stadium", is to support the (RED)™ initiative, launched by Bono and Bobby Shriver (Chairman of DATA). The idea of (RED)™ is simple, if you buy a (RED)™ product, a part of the money will go directly, throught the Global Fund, to invest in African AIDS programmes, with a focus on women and children. Your choice can make a difference, and one by one we can make a tremendous change in this world. By creating a sea of red in the stadium we also show our appreciation for all the inspiring work U2 have done over the years for a variety of causes. For fans who are going to the Honolulu concert, to participate they can wear or bring something red to the concert. This can be one of the official (RED)™ shirts, for example, or any other shirt, hat, scarf, bag or piece of clothing with a red color. Also, we need the U2 fans to spread this message to as many concert goers as possible. More information can be found on the web site: http://www.geocities.com/onehonolulu/

5. Running To Keep A Child Alive.

The day after the U2 concert in a U2 fan will run his first marathon in Honolulu, and is now seeking sponsorship to support "Keep A Child Alive", an organization which helps providing anti-retroviral treatment for kids in Africa. Please have a look at this initiative, you can support by cheering at the finish line, donating to Keep A Child Alive, or passing this message to friends/family/co-workers. Mahalo. Link: http://www.geocities.com/onehonolulu/RunningToKeepAChildAlive.html

6. Hawaii U2 T-shirts.

We have some very creative T-shirt designers in the group. Check out the shirts in the FAQ section of the message board, here.

7. Scheduled chat in our chat room.

Join us in these exciting 3 weeks before the concert! Saturdays at 9 AM HST (8 PM GMT / 4:30 PM NDT / 3 PM EDT / 12 PM PDT). Chat room can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/onehonolulu/chat2.html

Have a great weekend,

Hans :)

Just an update on the Bonolulu shirts...........................

Tina at the zootopian Hawaii board just posted this..

as of just now, my shirt has been printed and USPS has been notified of my package. I think I will have it before Thursday (i picked 2-3 day shipping). Seems like they are very quick in making tshirts.

Just an FYI

-Tina

Rocko just confirmed that the Honolulu concert will start at 6:30 pm with Rocko and the Devils...no more worries about the curfew :)
Dear Everyone, First of all - THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!! You have done an amazing job of getting the word out about our band. People are coming to this web site in record numbers, and downloading our tunes more than ever before! We have just found out that Rocko and the Devils will be performing at 6:30 PM on December 9th. The ticketed show time is listed as an hour later, but we are starting this early to make sure that Pearl Jam and U2 have enough time to do their full sets. We hope you all can spread the word so there is still a lot of fans there early enough to see us. We are just grateful for the opportunity to play for you all, no matter what time we start our show! To be able to open for two of the biggest bands in the world is beyond comprehension, however for us personally to be able to perform for you guys, the fans of U2 and Pearl Jam.... well.... I gotta tell you.... we are overwhelmed with joy!!! Thank you so much, and get ready for a burst of energy and excitement that will make your soul shake to the core!!!! . .. .. Love - Rocko

Thanks Hans! I can't wait to see Rocko and the Devils! I just can't wait for Hawaii. Just reading this note from Rocko gives me goosebumps all over and puts a HUGE smile on my face!

I Also got the link for the awesome Bonolulu red t-shirt on Zazzle that Trevor designed. :up: I will get one for a souvenier.

Someone mentioned bugs biting legs at the luau in April....I have a neat suggestion: since we're flying and limited to liquids and sprays still, I bought a neat package of 8 towletts from Avon...they are individually wrapped towletts of Avon Skin-so-soft nug guard plus sunscreen and waterproof SPF15. I got this on eBay, but you can also buy from local Avon reps as well as directly on the Avon website. :up: Good stuff. We've taken it hiking and camping before.

OK How many days left.................anyone?????

Grrr! Our travel agent sent me an e-mail saying our hotel had overbooked and our room is not confirmed. She was like "so do you want a different room or a refund?" um....DUH honey, this is my HONEYMOON we're talking about, yeah we're gonna need a different room. :rolleyes:

Liesje said:
Grrr! Our travel agent sent me an e-mail saying our hotel had overbooked and our room is not confirmed. She was like "so do you want a different room or a refund?" um....DUH honey, this is my HONEYMOON we're talking about, yeah we're gonna need a different room. :rolleyes:

A number of people have been getting this email, here's a suggestion that was posted by Cihindy on the zootopian board:

okay an update in case anyone else is in the same situation. My friend called the hotel directly and they said they have received like 15 calls that am of angry people apparently Expedia is trying to relocate these people (my friend included) so the company not the hotel could double-book...and get more $$$ my friend said the hotel said his reservations is still in good standing, had his conf. number and all...so if your travel agency calls you, call the hotel directly and confirm with them vs the travel agency . I dont know if maybe some of you already tried that, but its worth a try....

I would definitely call your hotel directly!

Nightsong said:

A number of people have been getting this email, here's a suggestion that was posted by Cihindy on the zootopian board:

I would definitely call your hotel directly!

Thanks, I may give it a try. The travel agent did list another option at a different hotel and I immediately wrote back and said book it (as opposed to her refunding the $1500 we've already paid her). My worry is that I changed e-mail addresses with my new job and didn't check the other one for a few days, so I hope I didn't get her message to late. I'm not sure why she even bothered to ask if I'd consider booking elsewhere when she knows we already have tickets to the concert and that this is our only chance for a honeymoon. Oh well, I'm done worrying about it. Worst thing would be we don't go, and after some of the things I've been thinking about recently, I don't even feel like I deserve to go.

hotpepper said:
Hi Miri :wave:

I was wondering if you were going to make it. I'm sorry that you won't. I'm sure that you'll be there in spirit :hug:

Hey L!

:wave:

Don't you worry about me!

'Cause, instead of flying back and forth for the u2 concert (in on Friday, out on Sunday or Monday), I'm now probably going to Hawaii during my Christmas break, when I can stay longer and am already free. So I won't have to take time off or find a substitute.
Most likely not to Oahu though (as I've already been there)
Perhaps to one of the other islands.

I'm going to be setlist party-ing here while the Hawaii concert is happening, that's for sure!

Hope the bus thing is going to work out!

My friend (aka the hotel handler) got an "overbooked" e-mail too from hotels.com; he called them and thinks it's all straightened out (having booked back in August helped), but he's going to call the hotel directly too tomorrow to be sure...
Figures they'd overbook. *grr* Come on though, how many people book a hotel they have to pay for in advance and then don't show up??

If you need tickets go to TicketMaster.com, they have all sections listed, I pulled up a GA ticket at 10:00 am PST.

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom