Hawaii - December 9 - Part XVIII (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're probably going early in the morning as well - We camped in Hartford last year, but I doubt that I'll be able to convince my fiance that we should do it again, even if the weather will be much better!:wink: I also tend to fry in the sun, so I am afraid of sitting outdoors for too long!

Well, since you all know Pearl Jam is opening in Hawaii, don't forget we also get another opening act too, Rocko and the Devils. They just posted new remixed of their first two downloads, Road Rage, and Broken Brains. PLUS a fun new song called Dirty Roadies. Go check 'em out. If you are like me, you like to be familiar with the songs you are hearing at a concert. It's good stuff so download for free, free is a great price.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=48377233

http://www.rockoandthedevils.com/

Carek1230 said:
:applaud: Our Timeshare came through today!!

Yahoo!! So you are staying there and at the hotel during different times of your trip?

trevster2k said:

Yahoo!! So you are staying there and at the hotel during different times of your trip?

We are at the Outrigger Waikiki 2 nights, Dec 6 & 7 then the 8th we head to the Timeshare! Not sure where that is yet, am waiting to find out but it's going to save us sooooooooo much money!

:applaud: Thanks, Trev, for the update on Rocko and the Devils!

Last edited:
For any campers, here is the aerial view of the stadium. It is fenced in and surrounded by highways. The gray perimeter amongst the outer ring of trees are the booths of the Aloha Swap Meet vendors.

ScreenHunter_2.jpg

ScreenHunter_3.jpg

Eats in the area according to Google Earth

Google Earth is so cool! :drool: I've had fun messing around on that program.

Allegra - you can just download it off Google. It's very simple to do. :)

Just a note to all island hoppers, our Hawaii friends have told us that the Road to Hana is now a one way trip due to bridge damage past Hana. You can't drive all the way around Maui now. Of course, that may change in the coming weeks but who knows?

Also, there are many infrastructure problems on the Big Island in certain areas especially West and Northwest of the island.

Make sure any plans you have to visit the islands aren't affected by the damage from the earthquake.

BTW, they are still getting aftershocks in the region.

FYI.

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
Just a note to all island hoppers, our Hawaii friends have told us that the Road to Hana is now a one way trip due to bridge damage past Hana. You can't drive all the way around Maui now. Of course, that may change in the coming weeks but who knows?

Also, there are many infrastructure problems on the Big Island in certain areas especially West and Northwest of the island.

Make sure any plans you have to visit the islands aren't affected by the damage from the earthquake.

BTW, they are still getting aftershocks in the region.

FYI.

Thanks for the info. I think we'll stick to Oahu. I don't want to get in the way, and we've only got 5 days anyway. I feel bad going on vacation after this catastrophe :(

I don't know that I would call it a catastrophe.....there haven;t been thousands of deaths like during other flood, tsunami, hurricane type disasters which is good. Spared life is always good. In Hawaii their ground is still shaking, and there have been some damage to some roads and structures, and mud and/or rockslides. That's not too bad.

Liesje said:

I feel bad going on vacation after this catastrophe :(

Tourism is such a big part of their economy, not going would hurt them even more. Look at it this way, by spending your money there, you are helping them to rebuild.

(I also use this to justify my weekend trips to New Orleans ;))

Nightsong said:

Tourism is such a big part of their economy, not going would hurt them even more. Look at it this way, by spending your money there, you are helping them to rebuild.

(I also use this to justify my weekend trips to New Orleans ;))

:)

I agree with nightsong, they WANT us to come. Tourism is the backbone of their economy.

No need for guilt!!:D

Wow, this thread is big. Forgive me if these questions were already asked, but does anyone have a clue as to GA rules and the early parking and camping out situation at this stadium? I assume since it's a stadium show there'll be no lottery, but what's the deal with the pseudo-ellipse at stadium shows? Do they bother using wristbands? Can you leave and re-enter once you're in like at arena shows?

Are we certain that since this is a N. American stadium show and with half the capacity of other stadium shows...that they won't use the lottery? Also, do you think there'll be a fanclub line? Thanks to the arena lotteries a fanclub line didn't give much advantage before, but in a first-come-first-serve situation a shorter line could be helpful.

I remember back in the other thread there was concern and interest about HOW to get to the show. I've done some research and I'm willing to hire a small bus and driver to get me and 22 of my fellow Interferencers there. The cost for roundtrip to the stadium from a yet to be decided central Wakiki location (maybe a bar beforehand for a drink) will be $22 per person. That includes tip. Since I've got seats, I was thinking about a 6:00 pick-up but that could be adjusted. Is there some interest out there? :wave:

Here's the how I see it working - I'll need to get a few strong commitments right away. Then I'll collect money via PayPal and then send the bus company the full amount. I'll keep a list and then stop collecting after 22 people have paid. To get on the bus, the paid people will need to show picture ID so we don't get any stowaways!

Waiting for your replies . . . :cool:

I'd be interested in paying for two for just a ride back, if there happens to be others who only need a ride there. We have GA so we'll have to be there earlier.

Yeah, I might be interested in paying for the ride back. For two people, I think. My mom keeps changing her mind about whether she wants to go to the show. :huh:

But I have GA also, so I'll have to be there early as well and won't need the bus to the venue.

Carek1230 said:
:applaud: Great idea hotpepper! Good luck with that, I hope you get 22 fellow riders paid up right away. Keep us posted on how it's going. I'm going to PM you too. :wink:

Thanks Karen! I haven't had too much repsonse though. I think I'll open a new thread advertising the bus idea.

Liesje and mads - I'd like to help you guys out. It makes sense logistically and from a management perspective if you paid for the RT. It will be enough for me to keep track of the 24 people especially if I knock a few down :drunk:

What do you think?

hotpepper said:
I remember back in the other thread there was concern and interest about HOW to get to the show. I've done some research and I'm willing to hire a small bus and driver to get me and 22 of my fellow Interferencers there. The cost for roundtrip to the stadium from a yet to be decided central Wakiki location (maybe a bar beforehand for a drink) will be $22 per person. That includes tip. Since I've got seats, I was thinking about a 6:00 pick-up but that could be adjusted. Is there some interest out there? :wave:

Here's the how I see it working - I'll need to get a few strong commitments right away. Then I'll collect money via PayPal and then send the bus company the full amount. I'll keep a list and then stop collecting after 22 people have paid. To get on the bus, the paid people will need to show picture ID so we don't get any stowaways!

Waiting for your replies . . . :cool:

We are not going to have a car so I have been thinking about transportation to/from the stadium. I think this is a great idea. If you still have any openings please put me on the list for 2 people. Thanks for putting this together!

This is an awesome idea to wear red to the show. I'd planned it anyways as I'd worn red and black to all the Vertigo shows anyway! This makes it easier to figure out what to wear!

Thanks, Hans for this idea, another great one! I will pass the word!

An INSPI(RED) night at the Aloha Stadium

Hi !! It has been a while since I came here. Just read all the Hawaii posts...at least I think I read all ....pfew lol

Thanks for mentioning the "An INSPI(RED) night at the Aloha Stadium" initiative here.

If you would like to spread the word, please use the links/banner provided on the web site. Thank you!

See you in Hawaii!

Hans

http://www.geocities.com/onehonolulu

Looks like the Stones - Hawaii show was cancelled altogether, while 1 weeks worth of shows in America got shuffled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom