Hawaii - December 9 - Part XIX (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some reminder notes...

Wear (RED) or something red at the show.

Bring red glow sticks, but in checked baggage only or sent via mail.

All toiletries that are liquids and gels are to be in 3oz containers, and all those containers must fit in 1 quart size zip-lock bag.

GA people can line up the night before the show with access to snacks and restrooms, and the parking lot will be open as well.

:dance:

I have a glow stick question.

I don't really want to buy online and pay any ridiculous shipping charges, sooooo... anyone have any ideas about which stores might have them? I live in Sacramento if that helps.

mads said:

I don't really want to buy online and pay any ridiculous shipping charges, sooooo... anyone have any ideas about which stores might have them? I live in Sacramento if that helps.

Look up spy shops or military surplus stores. They tend to carry such things. No idea of any type of mall stores do, like *groan* Hot Topic..

Guys, I leave Monday... That is four more sleeps... Geeze, I am gonna have a hard time falling asleep the next four nights, I am too excited!

SMB

mads said:

I know Walgreens has carried them in the past. I bought some there this summer for camping. Check the toy aisle, or ask an employee.
Other drug stores might carry them as well.

This is just a guess, but maybe a party supply store? Paper Warehouse or Party USA, or somewhere?

Mark

redhotswami said:
My red shirt is wrapped as a present. :( I'm wearing a red bandana though! just gotta think of a cool (RED) word to put on it.

With all of the money we've spent on U2 in the last 2 years, my wife came up with the Red word:

WHO(RED)

Probably not the way to go, but pretty funny.

Mark

kramwest1 said:

With all of the money we've spent on U2 in the last 2 years, my wife came up with the Red word:

WHO(RED)

Probably not the way to go, but pretty funny.

Mark

:lmao: that's a good one! One day, my friend and I made a list. Some of my faves were:

mastered
hollered
fred
glimmered
suckered
flattered
barred
liquored

Hey, I just went on Google Earth and entered Aloha Stadium to see what it looks like from the air, and they don't have the stadium set up yet in football configuration. At least it doesn't look like it to me. They bettter get on it! It will be fun to use that tool and see them putting up the stage as it progresses!
It's so cool! You can zoom in on the exact area you will be sitting/standing ... if you want to check it out!

Jeannieco said:
Hey, I just went on Google Earth and entered Aloha Stadium to see what it looks like from the air, and they don't have the stadium set up yet in football configuration. At least it doesn't look like it to me. They bettter get on it! It will be fun to use that tool and see them putting up the stage as it progresses!
It's so cool! You can zoom in on the exact area you will be sitting/standing ... if you want to check it out!

I think the Google Earth images are a year or so old. I think you have to pay to get more current images, but the free version uses satellite scans done every few years or so.

Jeannieco said:

Google Earth must be using an old image. Aloha Stadium is in football configuration. As usual, the University of Hawaii Warriors have been playing their football games there and will close out their regular season this Saturday against Oregon State.

So at the earliest, construction of the stage could start on Sunday (12/3).

kramwest1 said:

I know Walgreens has carried them in the past. I bought some there this summer for camping. Check the toy aisle, or ask an employee.
Other drug stores might carry them as well.

This is just a guess, but maybe a party supply store? Paper Warehouse or Party USA, or somewhere?

Mark
Walgreens is a good idea. I'll call and see. Thanks.

is there any chance we could make a list of who's going? Either here or separately? Like if I put my name down, the next person posting copies my name and adds his/her name on the list, and each person subsequently adds, so the list becomes one long list? Or maybe it's a dumb idea, but it was working so well earlier in the year before the show was postponed. Anyways, I'll give it a try :reject:

Lila64 & Maddy - GA

Lila64 (& Maddy) - GA, GA
Kellyahern - GA
mads - GA
redhotswami/Mia - GA
BonosBaby12/Shannon - GA
PattiP2000/Patti - GA
tristisoyza/Kristina - GA
Liesje/Lies - GA
Got Philk?/Phil - GA

....I'm going to print this list out before I leave!

PS. please leave your first name or whatever name you want to be called, that would make me happy :)

Okay, I'm Ashley

Lila64 (& Maddy) - GA, GA
Kellyahern - GA
mads/Ashley - GA
redhotswami/Mia - GA
BonosBaby12/Shannon - GA
PattiP2000/Patti - GA
tristisoyza/Kristina - GA
Liesje/Lies - GA
Got Philk?/Phil - GA

Lila64 said:
Liesje - you pronounce your name "Lee-Es", right? :reject:

leeeeees or leeeeeeeez (like "fleece", or bumble "bees"). Most use a softer "s", but I don't care either way.

Liesje = "leeesha", like Alisha/Alicia without the A

"ie" in Dutch/German = eeeeee
"ei" in Dutch/German = i sound like "dye"

:nerd:

TripThroughWire said:
I'm not going and I don't really care, but I think that could be fun if you all write your nickname on your red bandana.

OMG thank you SO MUCH for this post!!! I just figured out what I'm putting on my bandana:

(RED) HOT SWAMI

hahaha now i'm even more excited, if that is even possible.

Back
Top Bottom