Hawaii - December 9 - Part XIX (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave: Hey all and a great big ALOHA from Honolulu. Taking a break & letting the tattoo on my wrist heal. Missa, Janelle, Chica and I got here 12/6 and it's been GORGEOUS weather since we stepped off the plane. We were on the beach at Outrigger Waikiki and yes, Duke's was WILD! U2 crew were staying at the hotel and Ovation U2 folks and TONS of U2 fans everywhere! Bono was spotted at the Royal Hawaiian. The concert was awesome and I hear GA line up was handled well. Missa & Janelle were on Adam's side & celebrities were everywhere. I stood next to Kid Rock, Gabby Reece & her surfer hubby and not far away were Jack Johnson, Jeremy Pivens, and Melissa Milano was spotted with a gaggle of girlfriends. It was great in a stadium setting, especially the balmy weather beneath a bright sky (missed the confetti during COBL tho!) It was especially cool at the end when Eddie Veder jammed with Bono singing, making up their own words ""We love Edge, we love the Edge....". The luau with the bunch of U2 fans was really fun too. Will have TONS of photos on our return the end of the week. Going back out to enjoy the rest of the island. Take care everyone!

Allegra said:
My story is in my journal. I'll post pics at a later date.

Thanks U2wedge! Those are awesome!

Allegra - I just read your journal entry. It was nice meeting you too! :wave:

Maybe I'll do the same and write about my trip. It was an amazing experience.

Allegra said:
My story is in my journal. I'll post pics at a later date.

Thanks U2wedge! Those are awesome!

No prob! I have quite a bit of video too, I'll try to put up what I can on YouTube.... I do have the complete version of The Fly which is pretty good footage, but it's too large a file for YouTube...

I'll work on that tonight and let everyone know when it's up.

kramwest1 said:

COOL! You caught the elusive Locke (Terry O'Quinn) in a pic. Funny.

Mark

The funny thing is I didn't even see him until I was looking at the pictures the next morning... I was like, 'whoa! There's Locke!'. I had a perfect shot of Hurley on the way out but Laura (?) another cast member blocked my shot with her portfolio...

We happened to walk out with the Lost cast members and they were supposed to hang around for some sort of party, but then Hurley said, 'Everyone knows where our car is, let's just go.'...

Hey Lila, how many people have come forward with pics of Maddy onstage? That's so cool! Oh--and how many people text'd you that night when it happened, huh?!!! :wink:

A few people texted (you included I believe :wink: )
And I have gotten a lot. Some people were in excellent position. One person, I believe on the rail, had taken so many that I could probably make a picture book out of them (you know, like the old days/cartoon things) :drool:

Back
Top Bottom