Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?!) - Aloha Stadium! - Part XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday night, please, I'll still be in Maui on Friday night.

That will also give them an extra day to get everything over from Japan.. why the rush to play on Friday?

Alrighty folks I am off to catch some Zzzz's.....hopefully tomorrow the news and airwaves as well as internet will be buzzing with positive vibes of a 2nd show.

Mahalo to our Hawaiian friends for keeping us tuned in!

Yeah, it's been the same news, essentially, and an 'official' announcement should be made next week, as we've heard before. My friend associated w/Clear Channel has always stood by a second show even when it looked pretty dim recently, but it's just reassuring to hear it in the media tonight. And what a great night it's been!

4U2Play said:
Sunday night, please, I'll still be in Maui on Friday night.

That will also give them an extra day to get everything over from Japan.. why the rush to play on Friday?

so is it final that there is no second Japan show?

(sorry, I can't go through all the Japan threads looking for this answer if it has been posted)

Otherwise, if there is still the possibility of another Japan show, wouldn't they make Hawaii's 2nd show on sunday?

(that and any U2 fans that bought priceline tickets landing friday night!)

U2-phoric said:
Yeah, it's been the same news, essentially, and an 'official' announcement should be made next week, as we've heard before. My friend associated w/Clear Channel has always stood by a second show even when it looked pretty dim recently, but it's just reassuring to hear it in the media tonight. And what a great night it's been!

This is indeed good news. My feeling is they all probably did decide to lie low, see what happened at the Grammy's and make a decision from that point.

I also was on the TM website and NO tickets came up together, only singles up in the nosebleeds.

I'm keeping faith for a 2nd show, and I also believe IF it happens, it'll be Sunday not Friday.

Let's hope that the KGMB story turns out to be more accurate than the prior ones about the second Hawaii show.

Aren't we all so lucky to be seeing them in Hawaii after last nights awards! I am READY (got my tixs and just got a copy of Oahu Revealed!)
I hope there is a second show-the only thing that would make me think that they will have it on friday instead of sunday is that 9th Palm Sunday, the beginning of Easter week.

I just check out out of curiosity.... there are only singles still available... in the nosebleed section. This show is sold out. There is still 2 months until April 9th... put the 2nd one on sale already... if they do it soon, the popularity of the grammy's will kick sales into gear and make it sell maybe ever better than the first one.

WTF?!? I go to work an OT shift last night, U2 had only won 3 Grammys and no second show talk, now the world has gone insane!!!!! 5 GRAMMYS, possible second show in Hawaii (I'm cynical at this point, believe it when I see it but woohoo anyway), woohoo!!!!

Wow - awesome news about the 2nd show!! :hyper: Hopefully it will be finalized soon.

After watching the Grammy's last night, I NEED to find a way to get myself to Hawaii for the show, even if it means robbing a bank to get the money. I want to go SO badly!!

Happy Birthday mobaby!

teresa2 said:
Aren't we all so lucky to be seeing them in Hawaii after last nights awards! I am READY (got my tixs and just got a copy of Oahu Revealed!)
I hope there is a second show-the only thing that would make me think that they will have it on friday instead of sunday is that 9th Palm Sunday, the beginning of Easter week.

:up: Oahu revealed is a great travel book!

I was so happy for our boys last night!!! I was thinking they would get one or two...Did not even imagine they would get Album of the Year!!! I want that second show just as bad as I want Thora to join me in the Adam section of the ellipse!!!

Cheers to U2 winning
cheers.gif

rockon.gif

teresa2 said:
the only thing that would make me think that they will have it on friday instead of sunday is that 9th Palm Sunday, the beginning of Easter week.

damn, I didn't think about this!

They totally might think that a friday night show would sell out more than a sunday night show as well.

And this way anyone who "thought" they were buying tickets to the LAST VERTIGO SHOW would still be doing that.

I just hope that no out-of-towners bought non-refundable airline tickets where they land on friday night in Hawaii!!

That would totally suck if you landed while the U2 show was going on :(

I sell tours and vacation activities to tourists ... the most popular arrival date in Hawaii for our clients is Saturday and people tend to stay for one week, departing the next Saturday. A Friday concert would be the last night in Hawaii for many vacationers; a Sunday would be the first night.

I'm hoping for Sunday night. I've got OK blue seats for Sat. which would give me a chance to scope out the floor if I can get GA for night 2.

Friday night would mean many locals would need to take off work early ... Sunday gives them the chance to party before the concert.

Kevin D
Blue Section CC Row 31 seats 1 & 2

:sad: I do not want a Friday night show. I would not be able to go. I will arrive on Friday afternoon. I hope if they do a second show it will be on Sunday.

adventuremaui said:
I sell tours and vacation activities to tourists ... the most popular arrival date in Hawaii for our clients is Saturday and people tend to stay for one week, departing the next Saturday. A Friday concert would be the last night in Hawaii for many vacationers; a Sunday would be the first night.

I'm hoping for Sunday night. I've got OK blue seats for Sat. which would give me a chance to scope out the floor if I can get GA for night 2.

Friday night would mean many locals would need to take off work early ... Sunday gives them the chance to party before the concert.

Kevin D
Blue Section CC Row 31 seats 1 & 2

Could be... we will all drive ourselves nuts if we keep thinking up all the different possibilities...

Kevin, we will be in Blue Section D Row 34 seats 1 & 2. I'll wave to you!

Both are Canadian contests. The first contest is on a TV stations website, and the other is a Subway contest.

Definitely keeping fingers crossed! The TV station announces the winner on Monday, and I'm not sure about the Subway one.

bort269 said:

I just hope that no out-of-towners bought non-refundable airline tickets where they land on friday night in Hawaii!!

That would totally suck if you landed while the U2 show was going on :(

Ummm... that would be me :sad: We aren't flying in until Friday since that way we only miss one day of work, the following week is Spring Break for us. Sunday please!

Carmelu2fan said:
:sad: I do not want a Friday night show. I would not be able to go. I will arrive on Friday afternoon. I hope if they do a second show it will be on Sunday.
I really hope its sunday too. We'll be returning from Sydney on April 6th and would hope to have a day to rest before the show. However, the April 8th show is nearly sold out, if they add the show on the 7th and it doesn't sell out at least they'll still have a sold out FINAL show of the tour. Let's hope they have enough confidence in both shows selling out...and they decide on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom