Hawaii April 8th (& 9th?!) Aloha Stadium Part XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carek1230

Blue Crack Overdose Get me off the internetz!
Hopefully we'll be able to remove the question mark after the 9th very soon, but as the days go by, this seems less likely :(

Posted on U2Tours.com:

"KPOI FM 105.9 in Hawaii says today that the 2nd Hawaii show will be announced next month."

Second U2 show unconfirmed
Star-Bulletin staff
features@starbulletin.com

So is there going to be a second U2 concert at Aloha Stadium? The rumor mill has been abuzz that it is a go for Sunday, April 9, the day after the band's first concert. That Saturday event is a near sellout, with only $95 tickets still available in the stadium's J and JJ sections in the upper, fifth-level yellow area.

As of now there is no official word from stadium officials on the second show.

If tickets do go on sale for a second show, it will happen around Pro Bowl weekend, Feb. 11 and 12. The thing is, the sale does not want to conflict with talk that tickets for Jack Johnson's Kokua Festival on April 22 at the Waikiki Shell are going on sale that busy weekend as well. So they supposedly will be held on a separate Saturday and Sunday.

Johnson will once again headline the show, which will include guests Willie Nelson, Ben Harper, Henry Kapono, former "American Idol" contestant Paula Fuga and her One Love 'Ohana, and ALO (the Animal Liberation Orchestra).

Star Bulletin

Other news articles
U2 Tickets a Hot Commodity Online
Beautiful Day
U2 fans happy to get tickets
Cheapest ticket to U2 does not include a seat
U2 tickets on sale Saturday
Vertigo '06 For Santiago and Honolulu
U2 concert date set

Random information

» What is the time difference in Hawaii? Here you go: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ If you ask this question on the thread, be aware that you will be receiving this :madwife:

» The band will be flying to Honolulu from Australia, and the concert here will also feature opening band Rocko & the Devils. Rocko, being none other than the U2 Crew's own Rocko Reedy

» 15,000 GA tickets, 20,000 seats.

» The stadium will be in the baseball configuration, with the stage in the center-field area, facing south.

art6a.jpg

mbhkrm.gif

» Something to consider for GA line purposes. Hawaii's Largest Swap Meet is held every Wed, Sat & Sun 6am-3pm at the stadium's parking lot. This is good for food, restrooms, etc. purposes, but probably a bit of a problem for a peaceful set up. :lol:

alo-st.jpg

Looks like we should be ok so long as set up is done in the area immediately adjacent to the stadium.

» Map of Waikiki Hotels

» Listen to Honolulu's Star 101.9 radio station. Lots of us are :D

List of those Interferencers confirmed as going:

adventuremaui - 4/8, Section CC Row 31 Seats 1&2 (Kevin D.)
AgentMissa - GA 4/8
Allidreamsoutloud - GA 4/8
Alreadygone - GA 4/8
bfloxng - GA 4/8
Bonoisagod - GA 4/8
Bonosstagegirl - GA 4/8
Bort269 - GA 4/8
bump101 - GA 4/8
Carek1230 - GA 4/8
CarmelU2fan - GA 4/8
Catlady - GA 4/8
Cleazer - Undecided, but has GA and seats
DD*
Dalfan
editorinchief - GA 4/8
Eep - GA 4/8
Faithingrace - GA 4/8
Felinefine - 4/8 - Sec J, Row 1, Seat 19
Gorman
hef4U2 - GA 4/8
hwnstyle - GA 4/8
I Move in Mysterious Ways
Junebuglaura
Kariann
KellyAhern - GA 4/8
Lila64 & Maddy - GA 4/8
Miroslava - GA 4/8
Mobaby - seats
MTEdge - GA 4/8
Mrpoptop - GA 4/8
Nicodemus49 - 4/8 Seats, DD Row 21, Orange
Nightsong - GA 4/8
No Spoken Words - Seats 4/8
Nurse Chrissi - GA 4/8
Pop Artist - 4/8 Undecided, but has GA and Seat. Sec K, Row 11, Orange
Poppedtart - GA 4/8
R8drgurl - GA 4/8
Ramblin Rose - GA 4/8
Redsoxfan - 4/8 Undecided, but has GA and seats Orange, JJ
Ruffian - GA 4/8
sfsky & mom - 4/8 gold, KK, third row
Shaynar - GA 4/8
skjuls - GA 4/8
Storiesforboys - GA 4/8
Super Fan - GA 4/8
theedge111 - GA 4/8
tkutish - GA 4/8
topherchris9 - Seats, Section C, Orange
Trevster2k - GA 4/8
Tryan101 (and clan!) - GA 4/8
U2-phoric - Seats 4/8
U2forlife - GA 4/8
U2girl1978 - GA 4/8
u2girlcj - 4/8 Undecided, but has GA and seats, Section B
U2girldebbie - GA 4/8
U2zootvfan - GA 4/8
Weinerdog - GA 4/8
xErinx - GA 4/8
Zargo - Section KK, Row 9
Zooperson - GA 4/8

Interferencers on the fence about going, but have tickets! :D
Miringeltje - GA 4/8

If you wish to be added to the list, please say so :D

For additional information
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Interferenceinhawaii

Welcome Interferencers going to Hawaii!!

This site is for organizing tickets, finding out who is going, and staying where and discussing partying in Honolulu. Explore the room. This is an interactive page.

You can post MESSAGES for everyone to read. You can read and add LINKS. The LINKS section already has helpful tips to make your trip more enjoyable. Feel free to add your own travel tips including flight or hotel deals.

Please fill in the appropriate DATABASE when you have made travel arrangements. Even if you don't know this info, simply add your name to the "Where are you staying" DATABASE and leave the rest blank. You can always go back and edit the info. This will help with the gathering planning and you will know if other Interlanders are staying in your hotel. New DATABASE added for travel tips to Hawaii, things people better not forget to pack. Any suggestions, please add them.

You can post your picture in the PHOTOS section so we know who we are looking for in Hawaii. There is also a POLLS section.

Zootopia
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006

Also, Miroslava has requested that Jason Momoa be on hand to Lei the ladies at the airport as they deplane

Prior threads here:
http://forum.interference.com/t153151.html
http://forum.interference.com/t152939.html
http://forum.interference.com/t152786.html Bunny cuteness overload :cute:
http://forum.interference.com/t152556.html
http://forum.interference.com/t152387.html
http://forum.interference.com/t152250.html
http://forum.interference.com/t152077.html
http://forum.interference.com/t151954.html
http://forum.interference.com/t151858.html
http://forum.interference.com/t151708.html
http://forum.interference.com/t151372.html
http://forum.interference.com/t149714.html

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!I did not think anyone would be nice enough to call and check for me. Thank you...I hope that there is one close to where I am...I have a weak bladder...I will not drink alchol but I need plenty of water in the bright sunshine.

Yes, there should be plenty of restrooms there. I was at a football game last month and they're everywhere.
I moved here from San Diego a little more than a year ago. Honestly, it was a tough adjustment. Life out here is pretty different than mainland. Some of the things I had to get used to was for the most part, everyone is extremely nice and considerate, even on the freeways! People actually let you in when you need to merge. You don't want to honk your horn or give anyone the finger. It's just not something that is done here and is frowned upon. Also, one thing I did not consider was having to get used to being an outsider. I guess it is sort of like going from being the big man on your highschool campus and going off to college where you don't know anyone or any of the customs of it. It was a really big adjustment for me, and unless you adapt easily to new situations, it's hard.
In retrospect, I dont think though thats particular to Hawaii. Be prepared to be...noticed, I guess is a good word if you're white and moving from the mainland. It was nearly a year before I felt absolutely comfortable here, and now I never want to leave.
As for the job situation, Hawaii has the lowest unemployment rate in the U.S. It hovers around 2 to 2.5%. Competition is fierce though for good paying, white collar jobs though.
That's the Aloha Spirit for you...calling on the bathroom situation! Little things like that make me happy to be where I am.

topherchris9 said:
Yes, there should be plenty of restrooms there. I was at a football game last month and they're everywhere.

While there are a lot of restrooms at Aloha Stadium, women should be prepared to stand in a long line. I went to the UH/USC football game, which was sold out, and the women's lines were pretty long!

I wonder if they will add "porta potties" on the field for the GA people. I think that's what they did when the Stones last played Aloha Stadium.

Carmelu2fan said:
WOW!!!I did not think anyone would be nice enough to call and check for me. Thank you...I hope that there is one close to where I am...I have a weak bladder...I will not drink alchol but I need plenty of water in the bright sunshine.

The mix varies by stadium though...contemporary stadiums should have a good mix of mens and womens. I remember from Popmart though that the Ohio Stadium had no "built" ladies rooms believe it or not (at least on my level) - just men's...ladies had to go in a permanent port-o-potty setup within the stadium.

So you two are not actually from Hawaii. You both were born on the main land but live in Hawaii now?:hmm: Very interesting.... I had a bad feeling about the ladies room that is why I wanted to ask.. I am really nervous about that but I think I will be ok as long as I do not have any cocktails during the show.

topherchris9 said:
Waikiki, at one of the big hotels. Also with way too much time on my hands!

care to name the hotel or PM it? Just wondering if you work at the hotel I'm staying at :sexywink: Can you say upgrade

oh, and thanks to the person in the last thread that posted the ad for the show in the L.A. Weekly. I don't get the mag. out where I am and didn't get to see it (my friend in Burbank did).

~Mahalo nui loa~

topherchris9 said:
I moved here from San Diego a little more than a year ago. Honestly, it was a tough adjustment. Life out here is pretty different than mainland. Some of the things I had to get used to was for the most part, everyone is extremely nice and considerate, even on the freeways! People actually let you in when you need to merge. You don't want to honk your horn or give anyone the finger. It's just not something that is done here and is frowned upon. Also, one thing I did not consider was having to get used to being an outsider. I guess it is sort of like going from being the big man on your highschool campus and going off to college where you don't know anyone or any of the customs of it. It was a really big adjustment for me, and unless you adapt easily to new situations, it's hard.
In retrospect, I dont think though thats particular to Hawaii. Be prepared to be...noticed, I guess is a good word if you're white and moving from the mainland. It was nearly a year before I felt absolutely comfortable here, and now I never want to leave.
As for the job situation, Hawaii has the lowest unemployment rate in the U.S. It hovers around 2 to 2.5%. Competition is fierce though for good paying, white collar jobs though.
That's the Aloha Spirit for you...calling on the bathroom situation! Little things like that make me happy to be where I am.

Where in San Diego did you live? I am in Ocean Beach, was in Rancho Bernardo and Carmel Mountain.

mobaby said:
aloha auina la is good afternoon. Aloha ahi ahi is evening.

Excellent. This means now I have to beat everyone to the hotel, since half of Interference is staying at the same place. :wink:

Speaking of hotels:evil: What hotel do you think the band/crew will stay at?Stalker alert:mac:

Carmelu2fan said:
Speaking of hotels:evil: What hotel do you think the band/crew will stay at?Stalker alert:mac:
If I was betting money, I would bet on Hilton Hawaiian Village, or else some hotel far away, but easy to get to like Turtle Bay Resort.
Note that though I do work in the industry I have no clues whatsoever where they'll be. If I hear something though, I'll let everyone know!

Carek1230 said:

Where in San Diego did you live? I am in Ocean Beach, was in Rancho Bernardo and Carmel Mountain.

I lived in the College Area for awhile, but mostly in Hillcrest, Mission Valley, and North Park.
I LOVE OB! It's so funky and laid back there...and so close to the beach! We used to go party at Pac Shores, Froggys, and Sunshine Company back in the day.

Carmelu2fan said:

I could see the band staying at a more private resort or private homes on other Islands and taking a short hop over for the show. Princeville on Kauai? Grand Wailea on Maui? (stayed here once during a decedant time in our lives) Four Seasons on the Big Island? SO many to choose from.

ETA: maybe the crew will stay at the Ohana Maile Sky Court and hang with all the Interferencers!

Last edited:
topherchris9 said:

I lived in the College Area for awhile, but mostly in Hillcrest, Mission Valley, and North Park.
I LOVE OB! It's so funky and laid back there...and so close to the beach! We used to go party at Pac Shores, Froggys, and Sunshine Company back in the day.

I love OB too! I'm on Voltaire, 6 blocks from the beach. Did you ever go to Hodads? I LOVE that place! I like to call my community "ecclectic" :wink:

So what prompted you to move to Hawaii?

topherchris9 said:

If I was betting money, I would bet on Hilton Hawaiian Village, or else some hotel far away, but easy to get to like Turtle Bay Resort.
Note that though I do work in the industry I have no clues whatsoever where they'll be. If I hear something though, I'll let everyone know!

Crew might be at HHV, but definitely not the band - they stay at super duper upscale places usually. The band would prob. be at the Kahala IF they stayed in a hotel nearby, or a good probability they would very well rent a private pad or stay on another island altogether and just fly in each night.

:hmm: Thank you for the info topher and tyran....Perhaps it is best I do not know. I am normally a very rational person but ...when it somes to getting my very own picture/autograph/what ever U2 has touched...well lets just say I do not want to make an arse of myself:shifty:

Carek1230 said:

I love OB too! I'm on Voltaire, 6 blocks from the beach. Did you ever go to Hodads? I LOVE that place! I like to call my community "ecclectic" :wink:

So what prompted you to move to Hawaii?

I guess you could call it a 'perfect storm'.
Came here on vacation September 2004, met someone special, kept talking every day once I got home and fell in love. It was really time for a change in my life so I made the jump, quit my job and moved here November 1, 2004. It was tough the first year, but I've never regretted it. Crazy, eh?

Carmelu2fan said:
:hmm: Thank you for the info topher and tyran....Perhaps it is best I do not know. I am normally a very rational person but ...when it somes to getting my very own picture/autograph/what ever U2 has touched...well lets just say I do not want to make an arse of myself:shifty:

:lol: I feel the same way, Carmel! :D

topherchris9 said:

I guess you could call it a 'perfect storm'.
Came here on vacation September 2004, met someone special, kept talking every day once I got home and fell in love. It was really time for a change in my life so I made the jump, quit my job and moved here November 1, 2004. It was tough the first year, but I've never regretted it. Crazy, eh?

No, that's not crazy....anything for love! Good for you. Sometimes you just have to follow your :heart: . I
packed up my life and son and moved us from No. Calif.
to San Diego after my divorce. I know what it is like.
That was the best thing I ever did for my son OR for
myself!

I think they stayed at the Kahala Mandarin the last time they came. I overheard a local lady saying she met Bono on the beach way back then and she said they were all SOOoooooo nice!

Yup...sometimes you just have to say 'screw it', make the jump and see what happens.
Anyhoo..where are all the regulars? Normally I'm just here lurking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom