Hawaii April 8th (& 9th?!) Aloha Stadium Part XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2forlife said:
Hi everyone :wave:

Got both orders of GA tix in the mail today.

Bring on Hawaii! Whoo-hoo!! :hyper:

And my other seat ticket came today too, have both of them now.

:dancing:

Now if only we can get this second show up!

Ok, random Star 101.9 comment

Whenever that PSA about the fresh fruit plays and the kid goes

"my mom knows how to freeze fruit"

I just think.... woooooooop-de-freeeeeeeeking-dooooooo your mom is a genious ain't she

:lol:

:uberbiotch:

:lmao:

It's all in the tone in which he says it... like "look at what my ma knows how to do and yours doesnt"

:coocoo: I have issues :crack:

Anyone else heard about the danger of leaving items in rental cars in Hawaii, I read it on a couple of sites and was told by a person who visits Hawaii quite often. The word is don't leave anything in the car, or trunk, it will be stolen. This doesn't sound good for people planning on bringing a small house to camp in.

Miroslava said:
Ok, random Star 101.9 comment

Whenever that PSA about the fresh fruit plays and the kid goes

"my mom knows how to freeze fruit"

I just think.... woooooooop-de-freeeeeeeeking-dooooooo your mom is a genious ain't she

:lol:

:uberbiotch:

It's all in the tone in which he says it... like "look at what my ma knows how to do and yours doesnt"

:coocoo: I have issues :crack:
:

are you drinking this evening??? :eyebrow:

trevster2k said:
Anyone else heard about the danger of leaving items in rental cars in Hawaii, I read it on a couple of sites and was told by a person who visits Hawaii quite often. The word is don't leave anything in the car, or trunk, it will be stolen. This doesn't sound good for people planning on bringing a small house to camp in.

My guide says that as well...

Hopefully we'll be able to have the cars within eyesight :slant:

ETA: This song...

"hot topic is not punk rock! hot topic is not punk rock! "hot topic is not punk rock!"

Good lord, maybe those drunk smilies do have some sort of alcoholic powers

:continuestogiggle:

Last edited:
"tickets for the Apr. 8th U2 show are almost sold out :blahblah: keep it tuned here for details about a second show"

This is soooooooo a-happenin

:hyper:

ThoraSEB said:
For anyone who is from the Vancouver area, I just found a contest to win a trip to Hawaii, for those who might not have plane tickets yet.

I'm a lucky person, so hopefully I'll win!! :hyper:

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
Hope you win, Thora.

:giggle:

deja vu

Yesterday: Jan 31st 9:37 PM

Miroslava said:
There was another... stay tuned for news of a second show teaser

This is a-happenin folks!

:dance:

Today: Feb 1st 9:42 PM

Miroslava said:
"tickets for the Apr. 8th U2 show are almost sold out :blahblah: keep it tuned here for details about a second show"

This is soooooooo a-happenin

:hyper:

:ohmy: 15-18 ft shark brushed up against Kayak on Maui today then stalked the poor guy for awhile until a tour boat came and scared it off. Yikes.

Do you REALLY think they'll add a second show? I think every local who wants to go has a ticket already. Can someone fill me in on how they expect to sell out a second show? Does it matter to them if it doesn't?

trevster2k said:
Your car and belongings should be okay in the stadium parking lot. There will be tons of security and police there. You don't want to leave things in plain sight though anywhere. If you're sleeping in the car, you'll be okay.
There are areas that are known for rental car breakins. Rentals are easily spotted by here. Some danger places are the Pali Lookout, parked on the sides of roads, and a couple others. In town and at the stadium are pretty safe.

That idea crossed my mind too, but with all the ads on Star, I don't see how they're not adding a second show now.
I know a few people that wont go to 4/8 because they cant get with their friends, dont want crappy seats, or are waiting for another chance at GA. If there's a second show, they'll be there.

Jan 28th
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Nightsong:

Star Bulletin

Second U2 show unconfirmed
Star-Bulletin staff
features@starbulletin.com

So is there going to be a second U2 concert at Aloha Stadium? The rumor mill has been abuzz that it is a go for Sunday, April 9, the day after the band's first concert. That Saturday event is a near sellout, with only $95 tickets still available in the stadium's J and JJ sections in the upper, fifth-level yellow area.

As of now there is no official word from stadium officials on the second show.

If tickets do go on sale for a second show, it will happen around Pro Bowl weekend, Feb. 11 and 12. The thing is, the sale does not want to conflict with talk that tickets for Jack Johnson's Kokua Festival on April 22 at the Waikiki Shell are going on sale that busy weekend as well. So they supposedly will be held on a separate Saturday and Sunday.

Johnson will once again headline the show, which will include guests Willie Nelson, Ben Harper, Henry Kapono, former "American Idol" contestant Paula Fuga and her One Love 'Ohana, and ALO (the Animal Liberation Orchestra).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 29th:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Carek1230:
NEWSFLASH: One of the super informed Zootopians posted this a short while ago:

"I heard from a VERY reliable source today that there WILL be a second show. ETS should have packages as early as this upcoming week, and TM to follow."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 30th
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* trevster2k:
Someone at Zootopia posted this which they say they found at @U2, I found it too in the blog section, hmmm, just another rumour or.................

"According to industry sources, the onsale date for the April 9th Hawaiian show is tentatively February 6. Radio stations in Hawaii are gearing up for a "win them
before you buy them" promotion in preparation for the ticket sale. More news as it becomes available.

* Redsoxfan's response to ^:

That is an interesting story. The radio station that did the "win them before your can buy them" contest for the April 8th date was KPOI 105.9 FM. If the story is accurate, with a week to go before Feb. 6th, it doesn't leave a lot of time to win them before you can buy them - - especially since the second date hasn't even been announced yet! I'll try to listen to the afternoon drive guy to see if he says anything.

* Miroslava:
Radio dude keeps talking about 2nd show and how we should stay tuned for news...

+

He's said it twice... had the volume turned down low and been distracted elsewhere , but yup... he's said it twice, and I don't think he said "maybe" or anything similar...

Sounded more like a "there will be news" kinda statement

* nurse chrissi:
so the speculation is that the onsale date will be 2/11? If the radio contest would be on 2/6 that would seem about right - plus it would come on the heels of the Grammy Awards which could bump up interest

*Carek1230:
Heh did you just hear THAT? Keep it on Star for details on a 2nd show!

*Lila64:
they would never even rumor/suggest there wasn't a second show if there wasn't a second show. Am I right or am I right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 31st
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Carek1230:
Another ad for the U2 2nd show......

*tryan101:
"keep it here for details on a second show. hmmmmmm?"

* Carek1230:
Did the DJ just say they'd hook us up with show details on Monday? I missed the first part of what he said cuz I was on the phone. Damn customers calling!

*tryan101:
I didn't catch that part - just the "possible" details and the knowing "hmmmmmm"

Feb 1st
* Miroslava: Keep it tuned... details about a second U2 show...
+
"tickets for the Apr. 8th U2 show are almost sold out keep it tuned here for details about a second show"

Last edited:
Hopefully yes to "see you in April"

And what I'm trying to say, after putting all the 2nd show info together:

Either an announcement is going to be made on Monday February 6th.
With the start of radio contests to win tickets.

Or an announcement will be made after u2 has won some Grammy's: announcement on Thursday the 9th, but most likely Friday the 10th.

In both cases (whether the announcement is made before or after the grammy's), tickets going on sale after that weekend which is also after the 1st concert of the 4th leg (+ avoiding a clash with the Jack Johnson Festival - concert): Monday 13th February.

If we don't get the announcement by this Monday and u2 doesn't win any Grammy's, I'm afraid there isn't going to be a 2nd Hawaii show.

All of this is just my guess based on what has been posted until now.

I'm sure that tomorrow morning I'll read this back and it'll be like:

"What on earth was I thinking?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom