Hawaii April 8th (& 9th?!) Aloha Stadium Part XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miroslava said:

I told you to BOOK NOW at the OTHER price, direct from Buffalo, not the crazy Vegas Layover one :madwife:

Um, dearie, there was no direct from Buffalo. There was two layovers both ways. About 24 hours travel time.

I meant leaving from Buffalo "straight" to Honolulu...

You know what I meant , hmmpf

:madwife:

^ I so love her

not that any of us need it but Adventures in Rock has put together a package for Hawaii

still thinking about a couple days at Turtle Bay :drool:

Adventures in Rock invites you to our biggest luau ever. U2 says aloha to Hawaii for the first time since 1985. Our U2 in Hawaii packages include Premium or General Admission tickets to U2's concert at Aloha Stadium, transportation to and from the venue, and three nights accommodation on either the legendary Waikiki Beach OR the surfers paradise of the North Shore -- think The Big Bounce, Blue Crush, 50 First Dates -- we are so there, dude!
Here's what the New York Times had to say about the North Shore of Oahu:

SPENDING time on the North Shore of Oahu, just 30 miles from the urban sprawl of Honolulu, provides a crash course in the hang-10 lifestyle. Old surfboards serve as signposts for the driveways of wooden bungalows, the fronts of shops and the turnoff points for restaurants at this fabled surf Mecca. Even the barbecue delivery car has a surfboard strapped sideways on its roof as a makeshift billboard.

Our North Shore hotel is the Turtle Bay Resort http://www.turtlebayresort.com
and in Waikiki we're using the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort http://waikiki.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Where else can you see U2, and then set sail in a catamaran, and glide alongside spinner and bottlenose dolphins? Maybe you'd like to hike to Point Leahi at the summit of Diamond Head, or paddle an authentic outrigger canoe across the rolling surf. You could always hang 10 in the
North Shore's monster surf, or relax by the pool with a cocktail and watch the sunset on Diamond Head.

Oh thank you U2 for finally getting us to Hawaii!

Packages start at $990, based on double occupancy.
Single supplement $280
Room upgrades are available.

Airfare is not include, but can be arranged. Availability is very limited.

Mahalo nui loa

Pamela and Karen
877-788-ROCK
http://adventuresinrock.com

U2Girl1978 said:

laura, would you be interested in sharing a room?

Yes... I don't have any hotel plans yet. Do you have a hotel in mind? I've been doing some research and have a few ideas. If you send me an email we could talk about it more:

junebuglaura at wildmail.com

U2Girl1978 said:
So for 3 nights it'll cost 990 dollars?! Um no thanks. :|

the prices suck big time but if you've got the money this is the tour group to go for - the accommodations are all luxury and they get you into the best after parties
A friend of mine used them for an elevation show and said it was phenomenal

Sadly I do not have the money for this :sad:

all kinds of help

First, unrelated to Hawaii-- Lila64 (or anyone else) can you point me to where I can download the 12/31/89 show? I have yet to successfully download anything torrent-related (I don't know what my problem is but I've tried on a Mac and Windows), so I guess I'm hoping for a zip file I can download directly from someplace...

Secondly, I am just starting to think about going to Hawaii, so I apologize for asking questions that have already been asked at this point I assume. Are they not going to add a second show if the first one doesn't sell out? What hotel(s) are most people staying at? How far is it to the arena from the hotels and if not walkable, how are people getting back and forth?

I'm trying to figure out how much I have to spend to do this (aside from tickets), if I'm sharing a hotel (and car rental) with two other people and flying from Boston. I know ETS and Adventures in Rock are $$$, so I guess the thing to do is get tickets on my own and get a package through a hotel for the rest? I'm so overwhelmed I don't even know where to begin.:ohmy:

Last edited:
MGV, first look at the first page and it has alllll the information that you will need. Second, there's a link of the yahoo group with all kinds of great information (seeing where everyone is staying at, tickets, etc.) I hope this helps!

Re: all kinds of help

If you are going with two other people, then do look at packages, there are links in the Yahoo group mentioned in the first message of this topic. There are no accomodations that are walkable to the stadium. Closest hotels are the three at the airport 3-4 miles away but all of them have poor reviews and not in a good location to enjoy the rest of your vacation. So, most of us are staying in Waikiki.

We haven't been coordinated enough to figure out the back and forth yet :wink: - the city bus system often runs special buses to/from major events at Aloha Stadium from Waikiki and/or Ala Moana close to Waikiki, but that is not a sure thing, and there are regular city buses that go there as well but it also doesn't help if you are getting on the GA line in the wee hours.

mgv99 said:

Secondly, I am just starting to think about going to Hawaii, so I apologize for asking questions that have already been asked at this point I assume. Are they not going to add a second show if the first one doesn't sell out? What hotel(s) are most people staying at? How far is it to the arena from the hotels and if not walkable, how are people getting back and forth?

I'm trying to figure out how much I have to spend to do this (aside from tickets), if I'm sharing a hotel (and car rental) with two other people and flying from Boston. I know ETS and Adventures in Rock are $$$, so I guess the thing to do is get tickets on my own and get a package through a hotel for the rest? I'm so overwhelmed I don't even know where to begin.:ohmy:

Last edited:
I suppose she would have to have a nice rear too for balancing purposes then... otherwise she'd tip forward while surfing, no?

:hmm:

what's this Green Day/Oasis mix :hmm:

feel better Miri :hug: (too much partying at school gathering last night, huh?)

<<<back to work :mad:

U2Girl1978 said:
I'm officially in an annoyed mood today! :happy:

*goes to listen to the radio*

:up: I'm right there with ya! I've been annoyed since I rolled out of bed and am getting more annoyed the more I get interrupted at work. Grrrrrrrr :banghead:

Did the start stream went to hell to everyone else or is it just me? :angry:

That Oasis/Green Day mix is some damn thing a DJ here puts together. He's done some other really weird song combinations that frankly...suck.

On a brighter note - i love this thingey! :madwife: :madwife:

Do check www.hawaiianair.com - they're one of my favorite airlines and I think I saw a specials for the mainland over the dates of the show. I'm not really sure where they fly to past LA, but for any west coast folks, its a bargain. I think they were even offering $50 off each way out of San Jose, CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom