Hawaii April 8th (& 9th?!) Aloha Stadium Part XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know exactly what you mean Miri. I read the lines over and over with several possible interpretations. I still don't believe it. It's not from U2 "officially".

And I also learned about Jack Johnson tonite. Didn't know he is from Hawaii. I like some of his stuff.

Carek1230 said:
And I also learned about Jack Johnson tonite. Didn't know he is from Hawaii. I like some of his stuff.
Yep, I beleive he was born and raised in Maui. This concert, the Kokua Festival, he does is a benefit for charities here.
Word of the Day - kokua- help, aid or support.
Nitey nite folks.

Carek1230 said:

When his first album came out and "Flake" (it seems to me that maybe) was played a lot on the radio, a radio DJ here commented on that he loved to surf or something.
Said something about the music being surfer rock.
At least that's what I recall.
But it's been a while.

Last edited:
topherchris9 said:
Yep, I believe he was born and raised in Maui. This concert, the Kokua Festival, he does is a benefit for charities here.
Word of the Day - kokua- help, aid or support.
Nitey nite folks.

:cool: about the Kokua.

The bio on his website says he grew up on the north shore of oahu.

Hi!

Here a short update of what we are up to in the Zootopia Yahoo
group :)

groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006

There will be a Happy Hour on April the 7th:
A get acquainted party is planned for 4/7/06 at approx 4 pm. We need to knowhow many will attend to order food. Question: Will you attend the happy hour alone or with a guest and are you willing to chip in approx. $10 for food, a private patio just for us, and a brilliant sunset and local Hawaiian music while getting to know your fellow zootopians (or Interferencers or other U2 fans)!!??

We have started organizing a ONE initiative.
We've thought to make paper signs with a combination of the Hawaiian word 'Lokahi' (which means one-ness/unity) and the word 'ONE'. On the back of the sign will be a short explanation about the ONE campaign, and the idea is to hold up these signs during the intro of One.

The front of the sign can be seen here:
i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/hans444/U2/hawaii/ONEfront_Hawaii.jpg
But this might still be modified.

If you would like to join this initiative please let us know. Also, we're looking forward to see as many people as possible at the Happy Hour. We need to know how many people will attend, local U2 fans are organizing this. If you want to, please come to our group and let us know in the corresponding poll.

groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006

Have a beautiful day!

Hans

Thanks Hans...

and I just want to state my dissapointment in the fact that Star 101.9 has not played

"Hot Topic is Not Punk Rock" again :sad:

ETA: http://www.myspace.com/mclars

It is the second song on the right! :lol:

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:
@U2Blog is not U2.

What do the radio station DJs say now?

I don't wanna believe it :rant:

Well if it is canceled, you won't hear it from U2 since it never officially existed anyway...

Pop Artist said:

Well if it is canceled, you won't hear it from U2 since it never officially existed anyway...

Exactly :up:

ETA: My love for bunnies is known far and wide, so a friend I don't hear from too often sent me this to keep in hand cause she thought of me the second she saw it

n3p4d0.jpg

:love:

Last edited:
Del Monte to Stop Hawaii Pineapple Growing

HONOLULU - Pineapples have long been a proud symbol of Hawaii, along with hula dancers, palm trees, Diamond Head, surfers and the spirit of aloha.

The future of Hawaii's top agricultural product is now in question as Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. announced it will cease pineapple operations here in a little more than two years.

Del Monte said it was no longer economically feasible to grow pineapple in Hawaii because it can be produced for less elsewhere.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060203/ap_on_bi_ge/del_monte_pineapple

Nope, no news is bad news...

'cause again, there's not going to be news from U2 saying, oh by the way, there's no second show

No 2nd show teasers in Star today... :(

I'm still holding out hope, but then all the radio stations here were promoting Mariah Carey coming to town a few months ago. A sale date for the tickets was announced and excitement built. Then, the day the tickets were to go on sale, an announcement was made that there were technical issues and they would go on sale the following week.
Turns out the technical issues were that the arena management and Mariah's people couldn't work out a contract and she canceled.
So who knows..either way, we get to see the last show of the tour. You all get a vacation in paradise, and I can spend my Sunday at the beach. Or recovering from a hangover in the comfort of my home.
It's all good.

I am ok, with only one show... this is more than just a U2 vacation, but yup, we're all piggies and would prefer to have it ALL

Random picture for the purpose of cheering Miroslava up
n3t5s9.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

ThoraSEB said:
:drool: What a beautiful picture!! :drool:

Yeah that picture sure did cheer me up to Thora- after hearing the rotten news about the "no second show":(
I am glad you got your ticket today Kelly:wink: so did I! Oh well, I will have to find something to do on Sunday:shrug:

redsoxfan said:
I hope their information concerning the 2nd show is wrong.
I hope so too, but it's been three weeks, and the first show still hasn't sold out. If U2 added a second show, it would definitely not sell out in the two months remaining before the concert.

But you never know, anything could happen I guess. At this point though, a small little fans-only concert at some club seems just as likely. Or how about a free concert on the beach?

As long as you sing U2 songs and wear your Bono sunglasses at night, Jules :hmm: Do you know all the words to "The Fly"? That concert on the beach sounds nice too cleazer.:drool:

:wink:

cleazer said:

But you never know, anything could happen I guess. At this point though, a small little fans-only concert at some club seems just as likely. Or how about a free concert on the beach?

I think I'd prefer a free concert on the beach to a second show, actually. :drool:

Star just did the "tickets for the first hsow are almost sold out - keep it here for details on the 2nd show ad"- First time I've heard it today......

Nightsong said:
"tickets for the first show are almost sold out"

We're getting there.
I'm sure it'll sell out eventually (probably some time next week).

No $165 or $49.50 available any more on TM.
Only $95 left.

Singles were in the blue (2nd) yesterday and in the brown (third) today.
The brown (3rd) level only has 4 rows.
The red (4th) level only has 5 rows.
The yellow (5th) level goes up to 17.

Pairs, 3's and 4's are all way up at the yellow (5th) level. Lowest I pulled up was row 13.

And did anybody notice that the pdf for concert in baseball configuration has disappeared from the Aloha Stadium website??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom